Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I agree there's a lot of boring stuff, but I'm still a Legion mark and it's just 8+11+8 episodes with S2 being dragged on and partly lovely, but it was narrated by John Hamm at least!

Watch the first season, don't like? bail, not that huge a time commitment. Big reason I got into Invincible/The Boys and others, I love short seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Zero One posted:

Don't worry. You'll get there.

:leopointingatscreen:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

It seems a bit like they grabbed him because they needed to send a Loki to catch a Loki and the time heist gave them an opening.

I probably need to watch it again, but it seemed like they grabbed Loki because that what they always do (grab the Variant for processing and execution) and then Mobius saw an opportunity (use Loki as his own "Hannibal" get into "Buffalo Bill" Loki's head. Plus, let's consider that Loki watched his "life tape" on the same day the Hulk smashed him around like a little girl pissed at her dollies. So, yeah, he's had a bit of a day.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

lol at the new thread title, when it was changed?

I stopped watching around the middle of season 2, I think? Can't remember well why.

Watch the "what if" episode, that was cool

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'd hope anyone that likes Marvel related stuff and has seen Thor 2, the Ghost Rider movies, or Elektra more than once would give Legion at least one watch. Then again, the show is really not for everyone. At the very least it is easily the best X-Men related live action show or pilot.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 14, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Spacebump posted:

I'd hope anyone that likes Marvel related stuff and has seen Thor 2, the Ghost Rider movies, or Elektra more than once would give Legion at least one watch. Then again, the show is really not for everyone. At the very least it is easily the best X-Men related live action show or pilot.

I've seen parts of Thor 2 more than once but only seen most of those others movies just the once.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

shades of eternity posted:

Come for Dolly Parton

Somehow find out it's actually run by Jim Cornette. :p
Wait. What?!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spacebump posted:

At the very least it is easily the best X-Men related live action show or pilot.
That is an extremely low bar

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if they keep pumping so much money into their TV shows.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Lmao at how much Loki cribbed from Legion. Just hire Hawley for a show already

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

night slime posted:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Spacebump posted:

Ahem, I think you're forgetting something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

night slime posted:

Noah Hawley with somebody riding herd on him to keep his worst instincts in check (hi Fargo Season 4) isn't the worst idea in the world.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

XboxPants posted:

What is this 90s madness?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Tv show about mutants

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

PJOmega posted:

Generation X

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oh fuuuuuucckkk :psyduck: I had erased all knowledge of this movie's existence. I don't remember if I ever saw this. I probably never did and I'm thankful about it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Terror Sweat posted:

Please note they are only posting the good poo poo and not the incredibly boring legion stuff or the infuriating stuff

Oh that's fine, I didn't watch any of the clips.

Anyways, just finished season 1 again. Still pretty good. It's real weird to watch this right after finishing Hacks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

XboxPants posted:

That is specifically why I included pilot in my post lol. I remember recording that on VHS as a kid and watching it a few times. I haven't watched it in decades, I assume it is not good.

edit:
a quick youtube search pulled it up but I don't think I'm going to watch. If anyone wants to post impressions though, pls do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIY1fq6E7o4

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Spacebump posted:

That is specifically why I included pilot in my post lol. I remember recording that on VHS as a kid and watching it a few times. I haven't watched it in decades, I assume it is not good.

edit:
a quick youtube search pulled it up but I don't think I'm going to watch. If anyone wants to post impressions though, pls do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIY1fq6E7o4

Matt Frewer was the villain. It has that going for it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

night slime posted:

Supposedly, Hawley had written a spec script for a Doctor Doom movie before Disney acquired Fox and thus the Fantastic Four catalogue. I wonder if it or elements of it will ever see the light of day.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

I hope the MCU matures into full-on Cosmic Ghost Rider levels of continuity fuckery. I want me some Battleworld. Go hog-wild and make a Mojoverse game show. Make it an actual game show with real contestants cosplaying Marvel characters, but also have a plot. Hire me Feige.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

LividLiquid posted:

Wait. What?!

I can't think of a better person to train the Brotherhood of Evil., :D

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Casnorf posted:

In that case, Nathan Lane for Rogue.

He's gonna be Apocalypse.

shades of eternity posted:

I can't think of a better person to train the Brotherhood of Evil., :D

"Wolverine is a drug robber and a bank addict, I tell you what! Now why can't I get a burger at 3am on Krakoa? THERE ARE NO DRIVE-THRU'S OPEN!" - Jim "Exodus" Cornette

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 14, 2021

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif
Double post!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

I hope the MCU matures into full-on Cosmic Ghost Rider levels of continuity fuckery. I want me some Battleworld. Go hog-wild and make a Mojoverse game show. Make it an actual game show with real contestants cosplaying Marvel characters, but also have a plot. Hire me Feige.

Kevin Feige needs to cast himself as Mojo or the Beyonder or something to that affect.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

BooDooBoo posted:

He's gonna be Apocalypse.

You say that like you and I both wouldn't watch a show where everyone is Nathan Lane. Dude is a treasure.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nathan Lane for Mr. Sinister

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I still think the near-miss casting of Jon Hamm as Mister Sinister in the ill-fated New Mutants movie would have been great, but only if he's channeling the Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne more than Don Draper.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Edge & Christian posted:

I still think the near-miss casting of Jon Hamm as Mister Sinister in the ill-fated New Mutants movie would have been great, but only if he's channeling the Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne more than Don Draper.

I thought they actually filmed scenes with him, it just got cut.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

I thought they actually filmed scenes with him, it just got cut.

Maybe they'll end up in New Mutants 2 assuming that's a thing.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

People need to stop encouraging Hamm to do comedy. It's exactly like the bubble episode of 30 Rock.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

live with fruit posted:

People need to stop encouraging Hamm to do comedy. It's exactly like the bubble episode of 30 Rock.

...why?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

He's a great dramatic actor who created maybe the best character, at least on TV, of the past fifteen years and he's spent the past five getting circles run around him in comedies.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Alchenar posted:

The use of the infinity stones was a bit inspired. What's the fastest way to convince Loki, the least trusting character in the MCU, that the situation he's landed in is legit and not an illusion? Put an infinity stone in his hand and make it worthless.

If he's the least trusting character then the obvious conclusion is not "this is all real, the TVA is the most powerful force in the universe", but "these stones are fake" because if it looks like a thing and yet doesn't work like you expect then you're more likely to suspect the thing is false than that the entirety of reality is being controlled. That said, I do still think it's a good choice to have him jump to that conclusion anyway since it got that character work out of the way quickly and efficiently while also setting up the possibility that Loki isn't so much (or at least, isn't solely) humbled by the power around him but scheming to find some ways into the control of that new power. It gives him a whole new avenue of power to pursue while discarding the existing power as worthless.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

If he's the least trusting character then the obvious conclusion is not "this is all real, the TVA is the most powerful force in the universe", but "these stones are fake" because if it looks like a thing and yet doesn't work like you expect then you're more likely to suspect the thing is false than that the entirety of reality is being controlled. That said, I do still think it's a good choice to have him jump to that conclusion anyway since it got that character work out of the way quickly and efficiently while also setting up the possibility that Loki isn't so much (or at least, isn't solely) humbled by the power around him but scheming to find some ways into the control of that new power. It gives him a whole new avenue of power to pursue while discarding the existing power as worthless.

Except it was the same drawer the Tesseract, which he just used, was gonna go into.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

live with fruit posted:

Except it was the same drawer the Tesseract, which he just used, was gonna go into.

A Tesseract that was out of his sight for quite a while, and which could have been changed out for a fake for all he knew.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

live with fruit posted:

He's a great dramatic actor who created maybe the best character, at least on TV, of the past fifteen years and he's spent the past five getting circles run around him in comedies.

You don't think Hamm is funny? I think he's hilarious.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
He's already seen that his inherent magic doesn't work in this place, so it's more likely he'd see the other power-dampening as on the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

live with fruit posted:

I've enjoyed Jon Hamm in all the comedic things I've seen him in, and even Mad Men was a very funny show. I can understand wanting to see him in more dramas, but it's not like he's being wasted in the comedies.