Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seams posted:

I thought Grimes was a heel

He was but has been slowly turning face because everyone digs his new gimmick and he's pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol does NXT think it's still in competition with AEW? Why are they putting their next big show one day before AEW's return to touring?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MJeff posted:

lol does NXT think it's still in competition with AEW? Why are they putting their next big show one day before AEW's return to touring?

They're putting the next Takeover on a Tuesday?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Great American Bash :911:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ah yeah they also did Great American Bash last year over two weeks on July 1st and the 8th. So it's probably more of a happy coincidence than anything.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1404271879255379968

Between that and Braun's lovely outburst defending Raquel that happened a little bit ago, it's little wonder she's about as popular as Kross. She has even less charisma than Kross.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I don't know, Kross has so little charisma he drains it from Scarlett

That they put him over those 4 is just laughable lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hirez posted:

I don't know, Kross has so little charisma he drains it from Scarlett

That they put him over those 4 is just laughable lol

The gimmick is weird because it's supposed to be like mystical and mysterious but comes off as guy who will fight you at a sports bar and his girl who does tarot.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I, for one, am looking forward to Karrion Kross going to Raw so the valiant babyfaces can steal his hat that he suddenly starts wearing or throw apples at him or whatever.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

MJeff posted:

I'll give them the smallest benefit of the doubt that they're putting on their America themed name event on the closest show to the major American Holiday it's named for

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Le Saboteur posted:

The gimmick is weird because it's supposed to be like mystical and mysterious but comes off as guy who will fight you at a sports bar and his girl who does tarot.

So what you're saying is he's doing a HHH gimmick.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Week from tonight is another PPV with Hell in a Cell!
And so far we have 4 matches announced!

Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre in Last Chance Hell in a Cell match
Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair
Bianca Belair vs. Bayley
Roman Reigns vs Rey Mysterio in Hell in a Cell match

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Le Saboteur posted:

Ah yeah they also did Great American Bash last year over two weeks on July 1st and the 8th. So it's probably more of a happy coincidence than anything.

Fyter Fest was on July 1 and 8 last year, what a coincidence that GAB is back to one night this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Le Saboteur posted:

This is the closest to a gimmick relevant to the modern world that WWE has created in years.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I wonder if something happened with KOR. Seemed like he was earmarked for a big push as the next top face in NXT with the good matches against Finn and the big win over Cole. Then they trotted him out to do the Cool Kyle thing that was universally laughed at by forums fans and had him of all people eat the loss tonight and it kinda seems like he's dead in the water now.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The main event went about 26 minutes.
Basically started a timer if Kross wasn't in the ring or not in any action.

My rough count is he wasn't involved for over 13 minutes of the match. He basically worked half the match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In case you are missing it, Braun is completely melting down on Twitter at the moment. Big "I'm not owned" energy coming from him. He's made a bunch of other really lovely tweets tonight as well.

And to think Mark wants him for AEW. Good loving god.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

In case you are missing it, Braun is completely melting down on Twitter at the moment. Big "I'm not owned" energy coming from him. He's made a bunch of other really lovely tweets tonight as well.

Oh no, he is tweeting about his wrestler girlfriend beating up other wrestlers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mooseinfants posted:

I wonder if something happened with KOR. Seemed like he was earmarked for a big push as the next top face in NXT with the good matches against Finn and the big win over Cole. Then they trotted him out to do the Cool Kyle thing that was universally laughed at by forums fans and had him of all people eat the loss tonight and it kinda seems like he's dead in the water now.

They think this is pushing him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DarkstarIV posted:

I think you should chill out about Raquel lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Settle down, Darkstar.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre in Last Chance Hell in a Cell match
Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair
Bianca Belair vs. Bayley
Roman Reigns vs Rey Mysterio in Hell in a Cell match
Two of these matches look fine, one of them will be hilariously bad in probably a fun way but the fourth one is just all of my WWWWHHHHYYYY??

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

I think you should chill out about Raquel lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spiderdrake posted:

Two of these matches look fine, one of them will be hilariously bad in probably a fun way but the fourth one is just all of my WWWWHHHHYYYY??

The funny thing is I'm not sure which match is which

The Lashley vs Drew match is Drew loses he doesn't get another shot at the title (I think it's forever but it might be only long as Lashley holds it)

Reigns doesn't really have any challengers. Bryan got beat and hasn't resigned. Edge has just disappeared since Mania. Cesaro got beat clean and back to feuding with Seth. Reigns attacked Rey cause they kept beating The Usos defending their titles as a way to show dominance over the Usos I guess?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I think they set up Rey being the next challenger when Roman powerbombed Eddie's son out of the ring onto the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmF-frUlXas&t=237s

e: gently caress kevin dunn lol, theres like 90 cuts, and completely misses the murder

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 14, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea that was last week but the previous week Reigns got involved the the 2nd tag match of the night between the 4 and attacked Dominic just laying in elbows over and over, stopping and going back to it.

quote:

Suddenly, Roman Reigns ran in and hit Dominik with the superman punch for the disqualification.

Reigns yelled at The Usos and then beat down Rey and Dominik. Reigns grabbed the steps and smashed Dominik in the face. He turned his attention to Rey and hit him with the steps as well.

Reigns tossed Rey over the barricade and threw Dominik back in the ring. He continued to beat down Dominik viciously. The Usos watched from the corners. Reigns then locked on the guillotine submission on Dominik until he passed out.

Jimmy had enough and told Reigns to let Dominik go. Jimmy yelled at Reigns to leave Dominik alone.

Jimmy jumped out of the ring and asked Jey to come with him. Jey was about to leave when Reigns stopped him. Jey stood in the ring, not knowing what to do. Reigns then continued to attack Dominik to end SmackDown.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

oh no Roman's family is breaking up already?!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hirez posted:

I think they set up Rey being the next challenger when Roman powerbombed Eddie's son out of the ring onto the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmF-frUlXas&t=237s

e: gently caress kevin dunn lol, theres like 90 cuts, and completely misses the murder

There are too many cuts but the missing of the landing was intentional because he most certainly landed on a crash pad. Being awesome bombed to the outside without at least a table to break your fall would be a step too far for most wrestlers.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

yeah I get that, but why bother with the theatrics if that's not going to be the feud going forward, just makes Rey and Dominick look like losers, but I guess this is the WWE

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I mean, more power to WWE when they use things like camera angles and cuts to hide how they protect their sports entertainers, it's one of the things that defines televised wrestling... but it still kinda has to look good so maybe find an alternative to just cutting away the impact of a move.

bartok
May 10, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

I thought he went on some racist tirade or some poo poo. This just seems like he's a fan of Raquel I don't see the meltdown is there somethin I'm missing?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bartok posted:

I thought he went on some racist tirade or some poo poo. This just seems like he's a fan of Raquel I don't see the meltdown is there somethin I'm missing?

They are dating supposedly, and he made tweets going after a fan for saying his pecs are bigger than hers which...is lovely. Guy made a bad tweet and deleted it afterwards but Braun wasn't having any of it apparently.

https://twitter.com/BraunStrowman/status/1404256848073695244

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 14, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Wha.. nm

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Digital Jedi posted:

The main event went about 26 minutes.
Basically started a timer if Kross wasn't in the ring or not in any action.

My rough count is he wasn't involved for over 13 minutes of the match. He basically worked half the match.

fun. how about the other 4 people?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hang on, if Braun is dating one of their current Champions, and a Champion they seem pretty high on, and want to use for marketing purposes, (forgive the racism here, but it looks like they are having her push the "I'm Latina" angle pretty hard, maybe to woo the Latin audience), then all of that makes them suddenly sacking Braun even more inexplicable.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Meltdown may coming late this year

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

They are dating supposedly, and he made tweets going after a fan for saying his pecs are bigger than hers which...is lovely. Guy made a bad tweet and deleted it afterwards but Braun wasn't having any of it apparently.

https://twitter.com/BraunStrowman/status/1404256848073695244

what in the christ

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hang on, if Braun is dating one of their current Champions, and a Champion they seem pretty high on, and want to use for marketing purposes, (forgive the racism here, but it looks like they are having her push the "I'm Latina" angle pretty hard, maybe to woo the Latin audience), then all of that makes them suddenly sacking Braun even more inexplicable.

If I recall, the reason being reported for his release was he was being massively overpaid. I think it was $1m a year at the very minimum.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BrigadierSensible posted:

wwe hates wrestlers dating/being together/getting married and regularly either fires one of the two people or (back when touring was happening) would put them on different brands so they couldn't be together on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

flatluigi posted:

wwe hates wrestlers dating/being together/getting married and regularly either fires one of the two people or (back when touring was happening) would put them on different brands so they couldn't be together on the road

Normally what you say is true, and there are a thousand examples of WWE loving with real-life couples.

But I would offer as a counter example that they recently hired John Morrisson's wife Frankie Monet, even though they have less than no idea what to do with her. Another, (slightly less relevant due to circumstances), counter example is Seth and Becky. They even sold T-Shirts acknowledging them being a couple in real life, (The Man's Man).

However I fully acknowledge that the majority of WWE's m.o. is loving with, and trying to break up real life couples.