Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why would you include the surname wouldnt it make more sense to call him chiang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Chiang is the surname, in Chinese it comes first.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Judakel posted:

alert a leak MIGHT happen

time to send in the weapons inspectors…

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i should have remembered that korean names work the same way

i have brought dishonor to the thread bring me the sword of kaishek i dont even deserve the sword of chiang

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

congrats on your new child president jeb!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lol at the shiba with the radioactive tea.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/1403800961508806659

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

That's a ludicrously high amount of prison guards in riot gear just to secure a mass of detainees. Especially when there's actual photo evidence of how Chinese police secure and transport huge numbers of inmates.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my children crying as soldiers throw all my mosque photos on the floor & put up a cccp flag / smiling xi

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
"corporate artist-for-hire"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

The party official and the cop were in the closet beating Uyghurs, and I saw one of the Uyghurs and the Uyghur looked at me.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Its not cultural appropriation if you want to use the name of the shittest politician. It's like tattooing your back with incorrectly written Chinese characters and makes no sense to the Chinese.

Its also a name that doesnt have good sounding.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I almost respect how absolutely deranged this is.

Like, this is one of the leading human rights groups in the west!

"China is doing genocide!"

"Oh my god, I assume you have proof of this?"

"Well, no, but we hired someone to draw some really hosed up stuff that COULD be happening..."

It's kinda amazing how this is exactly how the 'lab leak theory' discussion evolved too. Do we have proof of this wild accusation? No, but we have the accusation, and China can't prove it's NOT true, and we're going to investigate this until we find that proof, no matter how many times it takes!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what was that line about the spanish inquisition? It was a farce where the only options were you being either guilty or a liar hiding their guilt?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

what was that line about the spanish inquisition? It was a farce where the only options were you being either guilty or a liar hiding their guilt?

Michael Parenti posted:

During the cold war, the anticommunist ideological framework could transform any data about existing communist societies into hostile evidence. If the Soviets refused to negotiate a point, they were intransigent and belligerent; if they appeared willing to make concessions, this was but a skillful ploy to put us off our guard. By opposing arms limitations, they would have demonstrated their aggressive intent; but when in fact they supported most armament treaties, it was because they were mendacious and manipulative. If the churches in the USSR were empty, this demonstrated that religion was suppressed; but if the churches were full, this meant the people were rejecting the regime’s atheistic ideology. If the workers went on strike (as happened on infrequent occasions), this was evidence of their alienation from the collectivist system; if they didn’t go on strike, this was because they were intimidated and lacked freedom. A scarcity of consumer goods demonstrated the failure of the economic system; an improvement in consumer supplies meant only that the leaders were attempting to placate a restive population and so maintain a firmer hold over them.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Some Guy TT posted:

why would you include the surname wouldnt it make more sense to call him chiang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjalmar_Schacht

The architect of Weimar Germany's recovery from the Great Depression was named Horace Greely, with both first and last names, so why not?

Pre-modern Chinese, especially prominent figures, often had many names. CKS's wikipedia article actually explains this in some detail. I think it's a bit silly that he would use a romanization of Chiang name based on Cantonese pronounciation, while Chiang himself is not from a Cantonese speaking region and didn't speak Cantonese, and when he was alive usually referred to himself as "Jiang Zhong Zheng". Everything that was named after him - there was a rifle and I guess airports and such, were named "Zhong Zheng" or "Chung Cheng", not Chiang Kai Shek.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I prefer Jiang Boldie.

Also, kinda hoping they can commission somebody like Garth Ennis to write a China the comic.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/stillreezy/status/1404338578025377794?s=19
https://twitter.com/LiuXininBeijing/status/1404327571412553730?s=19

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i mean sure but if china banned birth control it would be one hundred fifty percent since ughyur women love having babies so much so its still kind of a genocide

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Some Guy TT posted:

i mean sure but if china banned birth control it would be one hundred fifty percent since ughyur women love having babies so much so its still kind of a genocide

So does it mean I genocide millions every time I wank

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The party official and the cop were in the closet beating Uyghurs, and I saw one of the Uyghurs and the Uyghur looked at me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Palladium posted:

So does it mean I genocide millions every time I wank

no just like 1.03 at a time since it’s measured by “potential children per load” and not “sperm per load”

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this has the same energy as the Canadian band changing their name from Viet Cong because they didn't want to traumatize survivors of the terrorist group

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

this has the same energy as the Canadian band changing their name from Viet Cong because they didn't want to traumatize survivors of the terrorist group

such a dork rear end move

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

no no no china doing a genocide the hosed up drawings prove it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

quote:

"We are a band who wants to make music and play our music for our fans. We are not here to cause pain or remind people of atrocities of the past. To that end, we are changing our name to Khmer Rouge."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6XmTuivuZs

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

This owns holy poo poo. Just cartoonish

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lol DnD is going to have a nice time contorting themselves around this given that they think Zenz is a good faith china watcher using their own data to come to his conclusions.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:qq: its cultural genocide because I bet they are intermarrying hans :qq:

or whatever

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1404520169314164746?s=20

NATO is doing what now

edit: lol ok they aren't
https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1404528027921432576?s=20

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Jun 14, 2021

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
America sucks at empiring, letting the periphery dominate the policy of the center

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lmfao Ukraine in NATO

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
nothing is happening, thats been the policy since 2008

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I will believe it when I see it.

And if this happens, the Eastern Ukraine war will restart.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
"We are ready to accept Ukraine when it completes its MAP"

"Can you give us a MAP"

"...no"

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1404520361849413642

Just a moronic declaration from Zelensky

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I believe in Hunter