Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Should I be worried that they apparently weren't interested in hiring someone fluent in English to write their English store page? This has some pretty strong RPGmaker Shovelware energy.

Like, I would love a Stalker 2, but this level of inattention to detail isn't filling me with enthusiasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Oh god they are using my card (2070 Super) as the recommended setting, that can't bode well for me in a few months.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

EPIC NONLINEAR STORY IN SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD
Take over a role of the lone stalker and explore photorealistic seamless open world in a 64-km² radioactive zone with a variety of environments that reveal post-apocalyptic atmosphere from different angles. Make your way through the Zone to define your destiny as you choose your paths within highly branching epic story.

Hmmm.
You hear this a lot with big AAA titles and it doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe a deficit even.

quote:

Multiplayer mode, that will be added soon after release as a free update

Oh God.

e;

quote:

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 150 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Storage: 150 GB available space

I see.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

340 bucks for the ultimate version with the artifact and the backpack.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
If the patches and map are good quality the next higher tier doesn’t sound bad assuming the game doesn’t suck

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The 80 dollar one seems like it would have some neat stuff. The artifact lamp would be a really cool knick knack to have, but I'm not spending 340 dollars for it.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
What if the artifact lamp was a cool lava lamp

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Maybe the free multiplayer mode will turn out to be a banger like Mass Effect 3.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Steam page mentions mod support, that's good.

quote:

Mod support giving the freedom to the creative players to extend and enrich the game universe

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Monolith. posted:

Maybe the free multiplayer mode will turn out to be a banger like Mass Effect 3.

One can only hope.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Steam page mentions mod support, that's good.

That is VERY good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Technically the first Stalker also had multiplayer...

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Should I be worried that they apparently weren't interested in hiring someone fluent in English to write their English store page? This has some pretty strong RPGmaker Shovelware energy.

Like, I would love a Stalker 2, but this level of inattention to detail isn't filling me with enthusiasm.

its extremely true to the series

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
150gb storage ouch

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The trailer for Stalker 2 looks really cool, and I am very skeptical about it. If they can pull it off it should be amazing. The clip with the brain scorcher in the rain really gives me the stalker atmosphere vibe, so it looks like they do want it to go in the right direction. Whether they succeed is another question entirely but it's cool to hope.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Voyager I posted:

Sounds pretty on brand to me.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
It'll be buggy with translation issues, FPS drops, crashes, and game-breaking quest issues.

As god intended. I'll play the cuss out of it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voyager I posted:

I would be suspicious if the English were perfect.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The fact that they can barely put English into their info pages gives me hope that this is a stalker game, and won't just be a lame port to PC from a game designed to be easy to play on consoles.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
As far as I’m concerned the game should be fully russian voice with at best English subtitles

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Day one game pass is nice!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Killswitch posted:

As far as I’m concerned the game should be fully russian voice with at best English subtitles

Gary Oldman voicing all the English lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVzaG0B0qY&t=116s

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I have simple needs, just show me actual gameplay of a stalker launching a bloodsucker head over heels with an over-under shotgun and I'll buy your game.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Squeaky spinning light in a rusted out underground bunker while someone shouts cheeki breeki.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

quote:

EPIC NONLINEAR STORY IN SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD
Take over a role of the lone stalker and explore photorealistic seamless open world in a 64-km² radioactive zone with a variety of environments that reveal post-apocalyptic atmosphere from different angles. Make your way through the Zone to define your destiny as you choose your paths within highly branching epic story.

quote:

Multiplayer mode, that will be added soon after release as a free update

Sorry, the CP2077 thread is over there...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

64x64 km is one of those numbers that feels more like a red flag than a selling point. zaton is what, 2x2 km?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Wait do people still think a post-bankrupt GSC game world STALKER 2 will be a worthwhile playable game? Was Survarium and Areal not enough lessons?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Jehde posted:

Wait do people still think a post-bankrupt GSC game world STALKER 2 will be a worthwhile playable game? Was Survarium and Areal not enough lessons?

we can dream, cyka 6lat

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Shakey brakey donkey

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Blyat Ray Cyrus?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I preordered the deluxe edition. In Monolith we trust.

This will either be 300% worth it or I'll have to get a visa to Pripiyat (which I've been itching to do for more than 20 years anyway)

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 15, 2021

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Jehde posted:

To be fair, they seem to have gotten funding from Microsoft and is using UE4 this time instead of their own engine cobbled together from bits and bobs of soviet tetris legacy code

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

To be fair, they seem to have gotten funding from Microsoft and is using UE4 this time instead of their own engine cobbled together from bits and bobs of soviet tetris legacy code

Fun trivia, they based the engine on the code used by the actual computers at CNPP for added authenticity.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
It being on unreal is very encouraging

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Vorenus posted:

Fun trivia, they based the engine on the code used by the actual computers at CNPP for added authenticity.

Make sure your cooling systems are up to the task.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Specs are out:

quote:

Stalker 2 minimum requirements

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 150GB
Additional notes: SSD

Stalker 2 recommended specifications

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Intel Core i7-9700K
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Storage: 150GB
Additional notes: SSD

Oooof. I'm on a 1070 and technically my CPU doesn't actually meet its minimum (6600K) though hopefully that part's not actually a sticking point.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vorenus posted:

which edition comes with a miniature sarcophagus to airdrop around my computer after it melts down?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Mordja posted:

Specs are out:

Oooof. I'm on a 1070 and technically my CPU doesn't actually meet its minimum (6600K) though hopefully that part's not actually a sticking point.

Man my 6700k has been showing its age. It’ll definitely be a problem in a next gen stalker with lots of npc simulation

; ; I don’t wanna upgradeeeee

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Tabletops posted:

Man my 6700k has been showing its age. It’ll definitely be a problem in a next gen stalker with lots of npc simulation

; ; I don’t wanna upgradeeeee

I went from that to a i5 10500k and it's pretty good. I did have to upgrade my motherboard too, though.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
STALKER 2's wish granter makes us all blind but only because our aging gfx cards can't handle the new engine features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Monolith. posted:

I went from that to a i5 10500k and it's pretty good. I did have to upgrade my motherboard too, though.

I’m probably going to minimum something with 8 cores whenever I do upgrade. I wanna be at least on par with ps5/Xbox whatever