Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I watched all the trailers and it was pretty chaotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The GOTG game is frustrating because this is what was made instead of a third Deus Ex game (it’s the same studio).

Tbf it's not this game's fault that nobody played Nu Ex 2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Star-Lord (at least in the comics anyways) is kind of like a tactical genius, at everything from small skirmishes like what happened in that trailer to full on Star Wars finale space battles. I guess they are trying to put more emphasis on him being the leader which is way doing team attacks is the way to go.
I honestly wouldn't mind this at all, if it didn't have to mean hearing loving MCU quips every 5 seconds in combat, like god drat.

yeah same. i wouldnt be shocked if they cut down on that a bit.

Sinteres posted:

Tbf it's not this game's fault that nobody played Nu Ex 2.

well the issue is square is a loving awful publisher that mostly gets by on nostalgia and making some good games sometimes. they basically took the mankind divided and had it split in thirds and told them to sell it separately which is why the game just ends before it starts. i am fine with them trying a different thing.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 14, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol I thought it was just me, but nope the demo is corrupted

https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1404188127829409797

CHAOS! :argh:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah it was basically a gamepass conference but if you’re already subbed to gamepass even games you normally wouldn’t care about become “cool guess I’ll try this one out as well”

Like it’s becoming very clear they are just absolutely not going for the traditional games market competition now. It’s more about look at all the reasons to subscribe not “pay $70 for this year’s halo” anymore

Did they ever fix that thing where it couldn't uninstall poo poo properly on PC and you had like a 100 gigs of unusable space on your hard drive now?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Infinitum posted:

lol I thought it was just me, but nope the demo is corrupted

https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1404188127829409797

CHAOS! :argh:
Nope, Square is just bad at this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/cosmonautmarcus/status/1404200646333681672?s=21

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

Caidin posted:

Did they ever fix that thing where it couldn't uninstall poo poo properly on PC and you had like a 100 gigs of unusable space on your hard drive now?

You've always been able to, you just need to use the disk cleanup tool in system settings to remove it all. No, of course this isn't particularly well documented anywhere.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

All of this was fixable if they just gave him a red shirt.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

chaos.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lid posted:

chaos.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I thought Redfall looked really interesting, then I slowly realized the more of it I watched that it is probably a squad-based co-op game or something, right? :sigh:

Make Dishonored/Prey with vampires, you jerks! :argh:

they're probably doing more games where you can do flashy poo poo and kill everything because people never did shut the gently caress up about Dishonored 1+2's morality systems "gating us out of fun" though tbh Dishonored already did witches and poo poo, which is vampire adjacent.

Al-Saqr posted:

I gotta say Microsoft really sold me hard on their Games Pass service, they seem to have like a billion great games on it, for like what 15 dollars a month? Seems like a good deal.

yeah this is the first time I've ever thought about buying any xbox. Normally Sony's exclusives are enough but for the cost of 2 full-priced games a year, you get an exorbitant amount of games on the gamepass. I'd be willing to give up Kratos and Spider-Man for that; those are really the only 2 franchises Sony has that I care for.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alright so today it looks like all that’s of note is Take Two and Capcom, then it’s probably going to be up to Nintendo to save this from being one of the most underwhelming E3 shows I can ever remember.

I don’t have high hopes.

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

man nurse posted:

Alright so today it looks like all that’s of note is Take Two and Capcom, then it’s probably going to be up to Nintendo to save this from being one of the most underwhelming E3 shows I can ever remember.

I don’t have high hopes.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/take-two-will-not-reveal-grand-theft-auto-6-bioshock-4-or-any-other-game-at-e3-2021/

Take Two is not revealing anything during their conference.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah but Nintendo rocks up with a "But what there's more" every year and it's usually great.

Plus there's usually 2-3 "Available Right Now!" games that are worth your time.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Yeah but Nintendo rocks up with a "But what there's more" every year and it's usually great.

Plus there's usually 2-3 "Available Right Now!" games that are worth your time.

This is what I’m hoping for, but realistically my heart tells me that at most it will be some more Zelda ports, and no mention of botw 2 or Metroid. Bonus points for the annual Earthbound rumors being bunk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

man nurse posted:

I don’t have high hopes.

isnt take two just doing a divisity summet or something, which is cool and good but i want new bioshock or stuff.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I still think we hear more about one of these two- Pragmata or Bioshock 4- today.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

man nurse posted:

I don’t have high hopes.
Apparently Capcom already revealed most of what should be at their conference

One of the things is RE8 which makes me think story DLC

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

man nurse posted:

This is what I’m hoping for, but realistically my heart tells me that at most it will be some more Zelda ports, and no mention of botw 2 or Metroid. Bonus points for the annual Earthbound rumors being bunk.

Metroid Prime Trilogy has apparently been sitting ready to drop for like a year now, so I would expect that to be a potential "sorry for the wait" type of surprise.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Nintendo will announce plans to put earthbound and super Mario rpg on switch online on 2023

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they'll have a little banner up that says "Mother 3 on Switch-- Next year!" and then during E3 2022 when we're all wondering about it they'll still have the same banner up

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

they'll have a little banner up that says "Mother 3 on Switch-- Next year!" and then during E3 2022 when we're all wondering about it they'll still have the same banner up

It's like Valve just have a giant banner of a 3 every year for like five years and never acknowledge it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That Sukoiden spirtiual successor '100 heroes' doesn't come out until 2023, and I was wondering why you would even bother showing something off that far away

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

That Sukoiden spirtiual successor '100 heroes' doesn't come out until 2023, and I was wondering why you would even bother showing something off that far away

well, it's a good little showing for people who paid into their kickstarter I guess

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DLC Inc posted:

yeah this is the first time I've ever thought about buying any xbox. Normally Sony's exclusives are enough but for the cost of 2 full-priced games a year, you get an exorbitant amount of games on the gamepass. I'd be willing to give up Kratos and Spider-Man for that; those are really the only 2 franchises Sony has that I care for.

lol you dont need to buy an Xbox it's for PC as well you can just download the client like steam.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Halo MP stream started a bit ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-O7OuliQRY

Looks real cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

well, it's a good little showing for people who paid into their kickstarter I guess

Ah didn't realise it was a KS game, ok yeah sure fair enough then.

It did look really nice, but yeah.. 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eiyuden is actually the third most successful video game kickstarter ever, right behind Shenmue 3 and Bloodstained!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Listen, Capcom. Just... listen...

Give me Dragon's Dogma 2.

Just... please, I need it....

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Shenmue 3 cannot be considered successful while it's 100 backers short

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Still can't believe Randy Pitchford streamed himself jacking off as part of E3

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Halo MP stream started a bit ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-O7OuliQRY

Looks real cool

might just be because i've not played a halo since reach but this actually looks pretty decent

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
When they said yesterday before showing off Babylon's Fall that it had a totally new unique art style and all that, were they being sarcastic?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good morning and chaos to you all

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

might just be because i've not played a halo since reach but this actually looks pretty decent

It looks like the last halo or whatever with upgraded graphics. So I guess if you like Halo it gives you.. more? Otherwise what's new, what's exciting?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

When they said yesterday before showing off Babylon's Fall that it had a totally new unique art style and all that, were they being sarcastic?

It wasn't the worst thing shown, but I think it might have been the most disappointing.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Shammypants posted:

It looks like the last halo or whatever with upgraded graphics. So I guess if you like Halo it gives you.. more? Otherwise what's new, what's exciting?

idk i haven't played a halo in 11 years so it's probably just nostalgia kicking in lol

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Neo Rasa posted:

it pretty clearly has a weird painterly feel to it, its distinctive and i like it but everyone else seems to hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/06/chaos-chaos-chaos/