Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

everyone in nxt shoudl paint a dick on their face. make that the new thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol incredible office space vibes

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Pail has absolutely no swing within the company. He’s begged to rehire a guy who was released without his input. What a time

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Point at Paul
Point at the talent
Point at the sign

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When's the last time anyone heard anything from Shame?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When's the last time anyone heard anything from Shame?

Everyone was just talking about HHH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pail killed Shame with the candle stick, Staphny laughed.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
You know, after all of Joe's experiences with upstart promotions, I don't blame him for going back to the WWE.

Especially since he's probably looking to wind down his career.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

coconono posted:

Pail killed Shame with the candle stick, Staphny laughed.

Rurd Derg preferred the gray

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s so loving funny that the company can’t even fire people have a little cloud can you have that you can’t stop someone from getting fired but you can rehire them publicly four weeks later

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It’s so loving funny that the company can’t even fire people have a little cloud can you have that you can’t stop someone from getting fired.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
have a little cloud can you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dean amanda, perfect example

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Le Saboteur posted:

have a little cloud can you

people have a little cloud can you have

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe took a paycut to break up Karrion Kross’ backstage fights instead of letting old man Regal do it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

well said

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Imagine that conversation with Johnny Ace. “I’m fired? For how long? Can I pick up the trash bag myself?”

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
little cloud, innit?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have a hard time believing TK couldn't match whatever they're paying Joe to be the loving NXT GM, so I assume this is just, for whatever reason, what Joe wants. I hope he's happy. :shrug:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

I have a hard time believing TK couldn't match whatever they're paying Joe to be the loving NXT GM, so I assume this is just, for whatever reason, what Joe wants. I hope he's happy. :shrug:

I'm wondering if there's some exclusive negotiation period that's enforced in the contracts. Or if HHH just called and said we'll give you X/yr no bumps no bullshit and that was the first offer.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I hope Khan fires Joe again in like 2 weeks and then HHH rehires him and it keeps going on forever.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When you first sign with WWE they have you sit through a bunch of educational seminars and courses and one of them is Negotiation 101 where they just play the clip of Vince buying back Raw from Trump for more than he sold it for

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's the point of NXT

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cavauro posted:

what's the point of NXT

Up until the past few months is was mainly just a talent hoard to try and keep competitors from
building their rosters. Now, it’s just empty content for a streamer with no real purpose for the company beyond being another thing in a checklist of offerings.

It’s not developmental, it’s not a third equal brand. It’s just content.

https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1404475633883828230?s=21

Lol even Vanessa Borne knew Retribution was a poo poo gimmick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

what's the point of NXT

keep Paul employed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vanessa Borne was... always good?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so is there a babe factory is Scottsdale AZ or is it a tax haven.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cheap to live and impossible to be unemployed tend to attract a lot of young people.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1404440026461638661?s=20

I sure hope they’re able to find some talent their roster has been looking a little thin

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

coconono posted:

AZ native here! Yes

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dacap posted:

Lol even Vanessa Borne knew Retribution was a poo poo gimmick

I legit had to think hard to remember what Retribution was. Thought for a second it was referring to that old Paige/Mandy/Sonya stable

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

D.N. Nation posted:

I legit had to think hard to remember what Retribution was. Thought for a second it was referring to that old Paige/Mandy/Sonya stable

I had completely forgotten that Sonya and Mandy were in a stable with Paige because she got her stinger so soon after her re-debut

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
HHH salivating at the thought of feeding Joe to Karrion Kross

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

D.N. Nation posted:

That was Absolution, a faction that came in strong and then immediately transformed into a job squad.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Triple H basically dumpster diving for recently devalued talent because he doesn't have enough power to prevent them from getting fired in the first place is so so good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Next Takeover is on 8/22 at the CWC (the day after Summerslam). They won't be running an arena show.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
kinda seeing now how the cerebral assassin , the king of kings, the rear end kicker isn't very good at this whole corporate maneuverings game of thrones poo poo

rehiring Joe makes you look bad because you didn't have enough clout to stop him getting fired in the first place
makes the ppl who made the decision to fire him look bad because you're undermining them, which will definitely push HHH further down the totem pole
makes Joe look bad because he looks like a bum

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coconono posted:

Scottsdale is proof of the saying "you're not ugly, you're just poor".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
I will never not chuckle whenever someone posts and points out that "HHH worked for 20 years to maneuver himself into position to take over WWE, including marrying into Vince's family, only to have an outside hire from the corporate world outmaneuver him in less than four months" :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I will never not chuckle whenever someone posts and points out that "HHH worked for 20 years to maneuver himself into position to take over WWE, including marrying into Vince's family, only to have an outside hire from the corporate world outmaneuver him in less than four months" :laugh:

It may be the ultimate example of someone who knows what they're doing vs someone who doesn't