Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Hey, EFN, you go right ahead and blow off as much steam as you need to. I don't think it's un-BYOB to vent your spleen in the thread for complaining about work, if it helps you deal with stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I just know I've been Going Off a lot lately. Woof. I also want everyone to feel like they can talk. It's not just my show!

Workers of the world, poonite!

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

I just know I've been Going Off a lot lately. Woof. I also want everyone to feel like they can talk. It's not just my show!

Workers of the world, poonite!

Friend, I don't think you should worry about yobbers thinking they can't post.

cruft

Speaking of work, I'm tired of it. It the past, I would start looking at switching jobs now, but I like my current salary and benefits, and I don't think I'd enjoy working somewhere else more. It's working itself i dislike right now.

Currently researching becoming independently wealthy, which seems like it would solve a lot.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
My dream is to F off into the blue ridge mountains and live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and not work and just browse the internet all day

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

Speaking of work, I'm tired of it. It the past, I would start looking at switching jobs now, but I like my current salary and benefits, and I don't think I'd enjoy working somewhere else more. It's working itself i dislike right now.

Currently researching becoming independently wealthy, which seems like it would solve a lot.

:same:

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
I've applied for a new position in my company that's basically doing the same thing I do now, but pays quite a bit more and will remain 100% virtual. I suck at interviews, but really hoping I can get it as it would allow me to move somewhere I don't hate.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I've frequently been tired of work but the days that are hard are the ones where I wake up thinking, "I've had one job or another since I was 13 and I just can't do this anymore" instead of the more normal "I hate working and just want to pet cats and play solitaire all day".
(13 is when I first had a job requiring a social security number)

okiedoke posted:

I've applied for a new position in my company that's basically doing the same thing I do now, but pays quite a bit more and will remain 100% virtual. I suck at interviews, but really hoping I can get it as it would allow me to move somewhere I don't hate.

Once again I pop in with advice to read AskAManager for very good tips on interviewing.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My CV looks beautiful and it's very crisp and well formatted and perfectly grammatically correct, unlike my internet speech.

I sent it off to several places that are, somehow, supposedly less bullshit than my current place. I am exhausted by the micromanagement and stupid, bad decisions that end up costing us so much money that it negates everything I bring in for the company.

Here's to new job season.

Escape From Noise

okiedoke posted:

Good luck!

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

My CV looks beautiful and it's very crisp and well formatted and perfectly grammatically correct, unlike my internet speech.

I sent it off to several places that are, somehow, supposedly less bullshit than my current place. I am exhausted by the micromanagement and stupid, bad decisions that end up costing us so much money that it negates everything I bring in for the company.

Here's to new job season.

That place sounds like a real nightmare. There's something so uniquely frustrating about work situations like that. I really hope you find something else!

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

I've frequently been tired of work but the days that are hard are the ones where I wake up thinking, "I've had one job or another since I was 13 and I just can't do this anymore" instead of the more normal "I hate working and just want to pet cats and play solitaire all day".
(13 is when I first had a job requiring a social security number)

I'm sorry, I know that's tough. I don't know what to say really but wanted to let you know I'm wishing you the best as well!

Escape From Noise

Old job wants me back. Called the housing agency I used last time and told them I'd be moving in three months, they said to come in in August then, so I'm going to be only giving two months notice looks like. I'm going to turn in my resignation letter tomorrow. I'm done.

Escape From Noise

Why do brewery owners always want to make alcohol free beer? That's a ton of extra equipment. You need like special filters and centrifuges and poo poo.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Congrats on getting away from your hell job!

Escape From Noise

Thank you! I wrote my resignation letter tonight. Having some people look at it, then I'm turning it in tomorrow. gently caress this poo poo

xcheopis

Thank you! I wrote my resignation letter tonight. Having some people look at it, then I'm turning it in tomorrow. gently caress this poo poo

Yay!

xcheopis

It's annoying that moving our invoice process to nearly entirely online has significantly increased my workload and now it takes longer to get everything done.

Not so much complaining about work - the people here are very supportive and most of them have training in dealing with just this sort of thing which is super helpful right now - but more complaining about having to fill out paperwork, which always sucks. Boo! Down with form-filling!
I have to fill out incident reports about the attack on Friday and also I then have to have meetings with people and everyone is being/has been kind and supportive but I'm still in a bit of distress over it all and really want to go home.

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

It's annoying that moving our invoice process to nearly entirely online has significantly increased my workload and now it takes longer to get everything done.

Not so much complaining about work - the people here are very supportive and most of them have training in dealing with just this sort of thing which is super helpful right now - but more complaining about having to fill out paperwork, which always sucks. Boo! Down with form-filling!
I have to fill out incident reports about the attack on Friday and also I then have to have meetings with people and everyone is being/has been kind and supportive but I'm still in a bit of distress over it all and really want to go home.

I understand. Paperwork isn't usually a ton of fun.

xcheopis

I understand. Paperwork isn't usually a ton of fun.

My hated enemy! :argh:

Escape From Noise

Boss has been super nicey since yesterday. Classic abusive bullshit.

cruft

Boss has been super nicey since yesterday. Classic abusive bullshit.

Ooh are we doing classic abusive bullshit? I wanna play!

EFN maybe you need to look at what you're doing to set him off. I bet there's something you could improve on that wouldn't send him into these rages. You can do this!

How was that? :ohdear:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

He's gonna poo poo his pants when everyone leaves and he still doesn't loving know how to brew beer and personally I think that's funny.

Finger Prince

Where does calling you up to tell you how he's not like the other managers you might have had in the past and reminding you of all the favours he's done for you over the years, like hiring you, and paying you, fall?
Oh yeah, you definitely aren't like any of the other managers I've had in the past, that's for sure!

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 15, 2021

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

He's gonna poo poo his pants when everyone leaves and he still doesn't loving know how to brew beer and personally I think that's funny.

Same.

So does my coworker.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Same.

It sounds like he had assembled a team that could actually brew beer, but he was more interested in playing angry boss, and so his business is going to fail.

So, yes, a jerk is going to get what they deserve, and that's funny.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Same.

It sounds like he had assembled a team that could actually brew beer, but he was more interested in playing angry boss, and so his business is going to fail.

So, yes, a jerk is going to get what they deserve, and that's funny.

Not just the angry boss thing the weird micromanaging boss thing. We had a meeting yesterday and a lot was about what I was going to do now that my collarbone was healed. All it was was him being like "I want you to make an alcohol free beer! And a clear beer! And a beer with bread!" so basically just being a robot to make whatever he wants. As a brewer I don't mind doing what the boss wants. I get it. It's not my brewery, but that level of just always being told what to do with random poo poo is really annoying after a while. Then he said that he was going to have the other brewer start working in the kitchen now and I'm taking over (?) despite the dude being here three years and taking over after the last head brewer quit on the owner for him being a dick.

Before Saturday I was thinking I could power through this job for a bit more. I'm still getting paid by my last job, and I've come to enjoy life in this city. I was never going to stay long term, but maybe try to make it to over half a year, maybe even to a full year. There were little signs of progress. I knew it'd be frustrating and slow, because I have to explain and re-explain everything, but Saturday loving killed that dead. I realized too that, while he hadn't blown up at me like that until Saturday, there were a lot of I guess you'd say microagressions (sorry if that's inappropriate and pertains only to bigotry) where he'd talk/sorta bark at me in this really demanding tone. He'd be really condescending about some things. It was a pain in the rear end but I guess I could have toughed that out, but I know better than to do that. That job I had where the owner tried to get me in trouble with immigration/get other breweries not to hire me had a very similar meltdown over someone accidentally delivering a partially filled keg. Long story short, a few days after it happened and we'd fixed the issue with the client no problem, he had a "meeting" and went around the room and screamed at everyone individually "DO YOU STILL WANT TO WORK HERE?!" One of my coworkers at the time quit on the spot the other said they were maybe going to leave. I wanted to say "no" but was unsure of what that would mean for my future and said yes through gritted teeth. He lost two employees and looked like he was going to poo poo his pants. I stayed on though. Arguably it was better for my career, but that day I realized that this wasn't a job with a long future, and boy was I right. Slowly but surely he started acting like a psycho again so I quit. I'm not waiting around for that poo poo to happen again since I have an easy out this time.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Well...boss saw my resignation letter in my work email and asked me if I wanted to quit. I confirmed. He was... surprisingly not intense about it. Welp! That's taken care of!:toot:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Congratulations!!!!!

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you! Thank you work krew!

I wish better for all those who seek it! For those who cannot, poop on company time until that day!

How is your stuff going Mormon Nailer? I hope you have some killer leads!

xcheopis

Well...boss saw my resignation letter in my work email and asked me if I wanted to quit. I confirmed. He was... surprisingly not intense about it. Welp! That's taken care of!:toot:

Hooray!

We are in the midst of fiscal year-end stuff and I hate it. I hated it more when I was in an accounting position but I still hate it now.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Every time I think about being independently wealthy and not working I think about Jean Ralphio from Parks and Rec.

quote:

I made my money the old fashioned way: I got run over by a Lexus!

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

:yossame:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Today at work I dug up the remains of a baby that died 66 years ago, in order to send them to some cemetery in Kentucky. There was really nothing in the grave after so long, except for some flakes of what might have been bone or shell or rock and a tiny shred of cloth. The casket had disentegrated too.

Can't say I've ever done that at a job before.

Upside: I got to do it alongside a cute goth funeral director girl

cruft

Achtane posted:

Today at work I dug up the remains of a baby that died 66 years ago, in order to send them to some cemetery in Kentucky. There was really nothing in the grave after so long, except for some flakes of what might have been bone or shell or rock and a tiny shred of cloth. The casket had disentegrated too.

One time, when my endocrinologist couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with my lymph nodes, I had to go get an AIDS test. I walked in to the testing clinic and like 8 people were in the lobby, shooting the poo poo and having a decent time with their co-workers, and then instantly everybody got up and politely left the lobby. It was weird, but I totally understood why that was standard routine there: like, people are coming in to find out if they're going to die young.

I imagine your line of work must be sort of similar?

I didn't have AIDS, incidentally, I was just allergic to my earrings :classiclol:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Hooray! Can you wear earrings made of different metal now or is it just too funky for your body?

The cemetery office is 100% a den of perversion and fart jokes when there are no strangers inside.

Ass-penny

Achtane posted:

If I'm going to dig up a baby grave, there had better be a cute goth funeral director there!

cruft

Achtane posted:

Hooray! Can you wear earrings made of different metal now or is it just too funky for your body?

The cemetery office is 100% a den of perversion and fart jokes when there are no strangers inside.

I think I played around with some gold hoops for a while, but eventually decided I wasn't actually inte jewelry. I don't even wear a wedding ring now, which turns out to be fairly common in this town for some reason.

Escape From Noise

Could it be? The fabled Goth Girlfriend???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Achtane posted:

As a goth girlfriend who wanted to be a mortician at one point, you have the coolest job but also what, go ask her out.