Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'll watch these commercials when they actually have future products they want to sell me, but not when they're just advertising their corporate brand or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sinteres posted:

I'll watch these commercials when they actually have future products they want to sell me, but not when they're just advertising their corporate brand or whatever the gently caress.

wimp

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Take Two looking to get more diverse peoples into the gaming industry so they can work them to death with 120 hour work weeks

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

CharlestonJew posted:

Take Two looking to get more diverse peoples into the gaming industry so they can work them to death with 120 hour work weeks

It will be totally worth it for the next Horse Testicle simulator game that still ends up playing like rear end.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I always feel terrible when I remember Doug Tennapel the inventor of earthworm Jim and the neverhood is an insane Christian fundamentalist Qanon freakazoid :smith:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Al-Saqr posted:

I always feel terrible when I remember Doug Tennapel the inventor of earthworm Jim and the neverhood is an insane Christian fundamentalist Qanon freakazoid :smith:

The worm dug too deep, and came back...changed.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm a million percent behind inclusiveness in the generally awful games industry, but I can't help but think that a better E3 presentation would be to show me games coming out that are made by women, minorities, LGBTQ+, etc. These talking heads are making me glad I'm also working while this is on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all i want from take two is a ps5 update for rdr2 but they seem too enamored with that game's bokum online service to bother

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Al-Saqr posted:

Weirdly this reminded me that Shadow Complexes potential sequels has been lost to the annals of time because Orson Scott Card is a nutcase. It even had a sequel hook.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lid posted:

Weirdly this reminded me that Shadow Complexes potential sequels has been lost to the annals of time because Orson Scott Card is a nutcase. It even had a sequel hook.

If it's any consolation, the Shadow Complex devs were long ago (pre Fortnite or even Unreal Engine 4) acquired by Epic and were probably never going to make a sequel anyway.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm a million percent behind inclusiveness in the generally awful games industry, but I can't help but think that a better E3 presentation would be to show me games coming out that are made by women, minorities, LGBTQ+, etc. These talking heads are making me glad I'm also working while this is on.

Yeah, this seems much more suited for the much more internal-focused GDC and won't do much to actually spawn genuine change. The things you mentioned would be much better for a public- or press-facing show at the goal of increasing inclusivity.

mutata fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 14, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Vinyl Toys and NFTs, two of my least favorite things of all time

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Back Hack posted:

Guys guys! 5g!

Why is Verizon at E3?

:10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Thanks for the article. Surprisingly decent questions asked.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I want a game about funging tokens.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So far this gets my vote as most boring and uneventful E3 of all time. I’m sure COVID played a part in not having much cool stuff to show this year.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Suspicious Cook posted:

I want a game about funging tokens.

https://youtu.be/roSAWMvs89I

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nintendo's got SMT5 and probably Rune Factory 5 to show, at the least, the tormented gamers will get some relief from that quarter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

man nurse posted:

So far this gets my vote as most boring and uneventful E3 of all time. I’m sure COVID played a part in not having much cool stuff to show this year.

But they havent even done the usual hype machine of announcing with zero information sequels like Todd did with TES6. Like the biggest example if that this year has been The Outer Worlds 2 which no one was holding their breath anticipating ever.

This is the E3 of "don't you have phones".

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I will say this E3 did show me some pretty cool games I can hopefully play soon in the form of Gloomwood and Riftbreaker, which is a LOT more then I can say about some of the past E3's.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Horizon is 100% the car game I'd recommend for someone who doesn't give a poo poo about cars

So I don’t care at all about realistic cockpit sims in million dollar cars but I absolutely want to customize some old 959’s, AE86’s and E30’s then run them through the desert.

This game is 100% for me. I’ve never seen a Forza car list but based on the trailer it’s gonna have some super cool cars in it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this E3 owned because it was just a big list of cool poo poo I get for free courtesy of Gamepass. I hope they continue the trend of just 90 min of showing poo poo and absolutely zero time spent on talking head segments. Idk how this one is the worst when we've have so many in the past where we had to sit through even more stupid introductions BEFORE the useless trailers

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

They should take Microsoft Flight Sim tech and make a dog fighting game with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24pelYJ1eAU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They announced a Top Gun tie in DLC for Flight Sim, but if it's like all other fighter jets in past Flight Sims you won't be able to even fire the missiles so meh.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

mutata posted:

They announced a Top Gun tie in DLC for Flight Sim, but if it's like all other fighter jets in past Flight Sims you won't be able to even fire the missiles so meh.

Well it's supposed to be this ultra true to life thing right? So maybe there's like a mode where your superior has to contact his superior and HE has to contact the joint chiefs and then THEY talk to the president and if he says yes, then you can fire a little missile, as a treat.

Edit: it also includes a mini game where you try to secure finding for next year's missiles.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

man nurse posted:

Despite being the industry that is most well equipped to work remotely.

Hilarious really.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I perused the vod, but was Take Two really just a panel discussion? I didn't see anything at all worthwhile in the skimming I just did.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Rolo posted:

So I don’t care at all about realistic cockpit sims in million dollar cars but I absolutely want to customize some old 959’s, AE86’s and E30’s then run them through the desert.

This game is 100% for me. I’ve never seen a Forza car list but based on the trailer it’s gonna have some super cool cars in it.

all three of those cars were in FH4 so unless toyota gets mad at video games again you're set!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Catsplosion posted:

Despite being the industry that is most well equipped to work remotely.

Hilarious really.

This is why most games are still in full production instead of completely shutting down the way other industries have done. I'm absolutely shocked that this E3 has been as normal as it has been.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean a focus on inclusion, equity, and diversity within a big rear end corpo is real cool and good but making this your E3 showcase seems… missing the point?

"Show, don't tell" would seem to be a better idea than corporate back-patting. And a lot of the time the management pushing these hiring practices aren't exposing their own positions to the chopping block, so it smacks of hypocrisy.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Horizon is 100% the car game I'd recommend for someone who doesn't give a poo poo about cars

Legit curious, what do enthusiasts play? Project CARS?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LLCoolJD posted:

"Show, don't tell" would seem to be a better idea than corporate back-patting. And a lot of the time the management pushing these hiring practices aren't exposing their own positions to the chopping block, so it smacks of hypocrisy.

From chatting with people it's Assetto Corsa

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dreamscaper comes out of early access august 12th, that's nice, that game looked neat, i know a lot of people liked the prologue demo that had come out a year ago

coromon is literally pokemon lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Yeah absolutely. Horizon is the best Need for Speed game right now. Especially last entry they did a literal Hotwheels tie-in with orange tracks in the sky.

If you just wanna gently caress around with cars its the way to go.

LLCoolJD posted:

iRacing, Assetto Corsa, and Project Cars (2 NOT 3) in that order

iRacing is the only one with a really legit multiplayer environment that keeps people honest and provides the best racing. And its AI is also the best.

Which sim is the most "accurate" is something that enthusiasts constantly argue about.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

From chatting with people it's Assetto Corsa

I watched a trailer on Steam. Those sims look impressive but definitely too deep of a dive for me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Which sim is the most "accurate" is something that enthusiasts constantly argue about.

Of course, haha

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
GT Sport and the F1 games have a lot of players even if they're not quite as hardcore as the likes of iRacing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this bit on the e3 stream of devs showing off their childhood photos/drawings of video game ideas and then their upcoming game is a cute idea

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

F1 is super arcadey and forgiving, although I do like it because it accurately models all the rules of Formula 1, where games like PCars just sorta come close.

(Things like the 3 qualifying rounds, tire management, safety cars, etc.)

Gran Turismo is probably the closest to getting the multiplayer scene of iRacing, although not quite as good.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
this e3 is so boring i keep working instead of watching because that's more interesting

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Limited Run Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtiOVfLvBaQ

Mostly console ports and collector's editions announced because that's what they do, but there were a couple new things:

-River City Girls 2 announced

-Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun: Kunio-tachi no Banka localized for the first time as River City Girls Zero

-CastleVania: Rondo of Blood re-released for... TurboGraphix 16 CD? What the...

-Plumbers Don't Wear Ties ported to Switch and PS4 and PC? WHAT the gently caress?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 15, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hunt Down looks pretty cool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was very confused looking at Gamespot for all the Take-two announcements but apparently they showed literally nothing?

Also lol a new Intellivision console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
*puts money on the counter*

Mega Man please