Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

chiasaur11 posted:

Which live action show?

There's two. One more Seinfeldian, and a more recent one on Amazon that parodied the whole post-Daredevil darker heavily serialized superhero show.
There's a new Tick show?

Man, we're living in such a golden age of nerddom (nerdhood? nerdity?) that an entire Sandman show could probably come and go without anyone noticing.

Is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Xander77 posted:

There's a new Tick show?

Man, we're living in such a golden age of nerddom (nerdhood? nerdity?) that an entire Sandman show could probably come and go without anyone noticing.

Is it any good?

The one on Amazon Prime is really really good. It's got that good weird-rear end Tick humor and I liked the rogue's galley it had. The characters in general were a lot stronger than I expected them to be.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Xander77 posted:

There's a new Tick show?

Is it any good?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(TV_series)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter.
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496354598144

Fireworks sighted.
Translations soon

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Everything is happening all the time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's true, everything is happening all the time

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The fireworks are finally here.

I love the return of Genos' "getting up" rockets. And apparently we were all wrong about how Darkshine can get hurt. All the muscles in the world won't protect you from acid...

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

TheLoneStar posted:

The fireworks are finally here.

so I don't look at chapters until the translation is out, a spoiler tag here would have been nice. just saying

Revins fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 15, 2021

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Revins posted:

so I don't look at chapters until the translation is out, a spoiler tag here would have been nice. just saying

:hmmyes:

You might want to alter your post as well, in case they do come back and fix it.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 14, 2021

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Considering what happened the the sword master I'd say the muscles are helping quite a bit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/Ua1Hi6i/1/1/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh no, we're gonna see naked Saitama and Flashy Flash

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh boy, we're gonna see naked Saitama and Flashy Flash

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What is the translator note at the end talking about?

lmao at Genos being equipped with anti burial equipment after being buried so many times.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What is the translator note at the end talking about?

lmao at Genos being equipped with anti burial equipment after being buried so many times.

Webcomic spoilers

Garou has a final form called "Awakened Garou" and the translator seems to be sure that this isn't it, just another in-between form. In the webcomic, it premiered against a little later, when the Monster Cadres are a little more beat down. He is also notably more talky then, and this feels like he could still be "sleep walking" like against Darkshine.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

oh jay posted:

Webcomic spoilers

Garou has a final form called "Awakened Garou" and the translator seems to be sure that this isn't it, just another in-between form. In the webcomic, it premiered against a little later, when the Monster Cadres are a little more beat down. He is also notably more talky then, and this feels like he could still be "sleep walking" like against Darkshine.

Thank you for marking these so clearly.

This chapter was dope, I hope Darkshine isn't melted enough he'll have to start over building muscles. What happened to the samurai face was brutal so obviously his powers work though.

Bang really was the best counter to this guy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I was really happy with anti burial Genos. This chapter and the previous chapter needed some levity, I'm getting tired of getting nowhere and I don't even know what's coming up.

Still, drat that Bomb fight was cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ugh, this is so good

I want to see this animated by the Season 1 guys as well :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's not new. We the audience saw it back when he fought Garou after all the A-rank heroes failed to beat him earlier in the story. It's just being clarified for everyone else in the story who wasn't there for the fight.

Gotta be honest, after (Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai stuff) Tatsumaki tearing a volcano sized spire of Earth being the thing that broke FF's sword, I'm shocked to see Atomic Samurai's get broken so quickly too.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Interesting to see that Darkshine can actually be injured. I was starting to wonder if he was essentially invincible, and how he would have fared against an opponent like Orochi (with all the spamming fire).

Now I'm very curious who will actually take down Fuhrer Ugly. There doesn't seem to be many left who could. Could Pig God eat him? Could Child Emperor neutralize the acid?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Bucswabe posted:

Interesting to see that Darkshine can actually be injured. I was starting to wonder if he was essentially invincible, and how he would have fared against an opponent like Orochi (with all the spamming fire).

Now I'm very curious who will actually take down Fuhrer Ugly. There doesn't seem to be many left who could. Could Pig God eat him? Could Child Emperor neutralize the acid?

Genos is right over there with big rear end lasers, and I respect pig god enough to not ask him to eat a big pile of vomit. Probably a child emperor job though since he hasn't done anything for a bit.

RareAcumen posted:

Gotta be honest, after (Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai stuff) Tatsumaki tearing a volcano sized spire of Earth being the thing that broke FF's sword, I'm shocked to see Atomic Samurai's get broken so quickly too.

It can injure Darkshine, so I'm prepared to believe that poo poo can go through about anything shy of Saitama.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bucswabe posted:

Darkshine will wrap Tanktop Master's Tanktop around his fast and punch Fuhrer Ugly's head clean off. Naturally, the Tanktop will be entirely unscathed.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

These last chapters shown an enormous improvement in Genos and Tatsumaki relationship.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

YggdrasilTM posted:

These last chapters shown an enormous improvement in Genos and Tatsumaki relationship.

Yeah we're seeing a lot of character development in Tatsumaki in particular and its nice

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
that Acid through the face was something huh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah it's wild to see her respect someone who isn't Blast or King.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

pik_d posted:

Yeah it's wild to see her respect someone who isn't Blast or King.

he's earned it though. i'm so proud of genos!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This has been a great chapter for Tatsumaki. We had two panels of her being mellow for a change, and she was even wearing an entire outfit on the cover! Things are looking up for her lately!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

EVIL Gibson posted:

This series seems rather shy about straight up killing dudes so I wonder if he's going to be cyberized or what

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's so well drawn, made me say holy poo poo out loud.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

EVIL Gibson posted:

He'll be fine

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EVIL Gibson posted:

The manags been pretty gruesome these last few chapters

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tank top caving punch!

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Imagine Fubuki taking all the stored energy in Pig God's fat cells and jamming it into Tank Top Master. Wanna see a Tank Top Nuke!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Lobe posted:

This series seems rather shy about straight up killing dudes so I wonder if he's going to be cyberized or what

Dude was a swordsman and not a hero so he was expendable.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think he's the first human with a name to actually die, right?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

TheLoneStar posted:

I think he's the first human with a name to actually die, right?

i think mercenary man had a name right? the leader that got got by ENW

gently caress if i remember it though

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

EVIL Gibson posted:

that was so brutal it actually shocked me

comic owns

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You can tell Murata wants to go Full Gore Mode, like when he gibbed the mercenary team... but then had to retcon it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was absolutely ready for that coin flip on Darkshine to be either Fuhrer Ugly's acid does or doesn't hurt him. With all the other stuff that's happened so far I could believe that the many layers of bronzer he's applied over the years also form a chemical shield over his muscles.

Also kinda hosed up to find out that all of the Black Sperm duplicates also have skeletons.

Collapsing Farts posted:

You can tell Murata wants to go Full Gore Mode, like when he gibbed the mercenary team... but then had to retcon it

I mean he already does with monster deaths so it's not like it'd be out of the ordinary for him.