Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/ians_india/status/1401937329401462785

But even if we did stop all passengers from India, it would just come up from the south with the snow birds:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1402463801421664262

Wonder what the picture will even look like less than 3 weeks from now here- Canada Day open or closed? Probably to be decided as late as June 30th in MB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it'll be fine

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

"COMPAGNIE TOMMY" posted:

Wonder what the picture will even look like less than 3 weeks from now here- Canada Day open or closed? Probably to be decided as late as June 30th in MB.

The rest of the year in MB is gonna go like this:

Canada Day: "shits still hosed sorry no festivities or significant loosening of restrictions." - the government

All of July: "Abloo bloo you're ruining summer!" - the masses

August long: "Ok fine shits back open." - the government

"What the gently caress dont do that." - doctors

All of August: "Yay! Oh poo poo we're dying." - the masses

September long: "This is all your fault Manitoba also kids are going back to school anyway."

"WHAT THE gently caress DONT DO THAT!" - doctors

September: "Oh no we're dying even more."

Thanksgiving: "This is all your fault also shits closed again." - the government

Fall: "Abloo bloo you're ruining prime retail earnings season." - business owners

November: "ok fine go buy poo poo." - the government

"FUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU!" - doctors

December: "Christmas is cancelled this is all your fault Manitoba" - the government

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
got it, continue to fly over manitoba without stopping

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

EvilJoven posted:

The rest of the year in MB is gonna go like this:

Canada Day: "shits still hosed sorry no festivities or significant loosening of restrictions." - the government

All of July: "Abloo bloo you're ruining summer!" - the masses

August long: "Ok fine shits back open." - the government

"What the gently caress dont do that." - doctors

All of August: "Yay! Oh poo poo we're dying." - the masses

September long: "This is all your fault Manitoba also kids are going back to school anyway."

"WHAT THE gently caress DONT DO THAT!" - doctors

September: "Oh no we're dying even more."

Thanksgiving: "This is all your fault also shits closed again." - the government

Fall: "Abloo bloo you're ruining prime retail earnings season." - business owners

November: "ok fine go buy poo poo." - the government

"FUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU!" - doctors

December: "Christmas is cancelled this is all your fault Manitoba" - the government

Don't forget somewhere in there the nurses and us health care workers go on strike and then end up with a little token

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Don't forget somewhere in there the nurses and us health care workers go on strike and then end up with a little token

Whoa there Mr Optimistic!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Hey stupid question for Calgary goons: I'm heading through your city on the way to a (safe, distanced, and mostly outdoors) trip to Waterton. I'll be in Calgary for a couple of days, unfortunately during Stampede.

Now, I have no intention of going to Stampede for multiple reasons, but while I'm there is it likely that non-stampede attractions will be more or less busy? I'm thinking of outdoor family stuff like the zoo, Callaway, or Granary Road.

Also I am spending my tenth wedding anniversary in a hotel room, with my two young kids, in Lethbridge. THANKS PANDEMIC.

(I would ask in the LAN thread but it's been dead since 2017)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Albino Squirrel posted:

Hey stupid question for Calgary goons: I'm heading through your city on the way to a (safe, distanced, and mostly outdoors) trip to Waterton. I'll be in Calgary for a couple of days, unfortunately during Stampede.

Now, I have no intention of going to Stampede for multiple reasons, but while I'm there is it likely that non-stampede attractions will be more or less busy? I'm thinking of outdoor family stuff like the zoo, Callaway, or Granary Road.

Also I am spending my tenth wedding anniversary in a hotel room, with my two young kids, in Lethbridge. THANKS PANDEMIC.

What direction are you coming from?

The Royal Tyrell Museum is about an hour to the northeast in Drumheller and is a must see. You have to buy tickets in advance right now. https://tyrrellmuseum.com/visit/before-you-visit

Heritage park and the Zoo are pretty cool

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Powershift posted:

What direction are you coming from?

The Royal Tyrell Museum is about an hour to the northeast in Drumheller and is a must see. You have to buy tickets in advance right now. https://tyrrellmuseum.com/visit/before-you-visit

Heritage park and the Zoo are pretty cool
YEG; we've been to Drum and the Tyrrell. Hell, last year I took my kids to Grande Prairie and their dinosaur museum (it was the only trip I took in 2020; gently caress 2020 forever).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
just had a thought

minimum bernier

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

DariusLikewise posted:

just had a thought

minimum bernier

on peut dire minime bernier

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Albino Squirrel posted:

I haven't lived there for ~a decade, but I don't remember any attractions outside downtown and the stampede grounds being noticeably more or less busy

also get yourself some free pancakes, if that seems safe enough

sorry about your stay in lethbridge. the good poutine place burned down

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Albino Squirrel posted:

I love the Calgary Olympic park, it has the most amazing attraction which there are only 7 of this type in the world. Skyline luge, basically downhill karting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwrp8XqwQY

I would try to do it at least once, and while you're there you can visit the rest of the COP. Now would it be busy, well if Stampede is busy the other attractions besides it might? I can say for the skyline luge it can be extremely busy when a group is actually at the ride, but when I went there with my GF pre-covid it was only moderately busy like 3 minute line ups.

If you can spare the time, Crowsnest pass is pretty cool while you're down there. Franks slide is a big attraction where you can see the aftermath of like half the mountain falling off.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I loved Calaway, and Calgary’s zoo is pretty sweet. Seconded Drumheller. Granted the last time I was there I spent my entire time in Mission and the NW but IIRC the above three were always a nice time.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
So hey are we hosed with this delta variant or do I need to stop doomscrolling?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
for now it probably depends on just how many people get the vaccine

'course that doesn't mean epsilon or later won't gently caress that up

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

pokeyman posted:

sorry about your stay in lethbridge. the good poutine place burned down

they also didn't pay their staff and I'm like 80 percent sure they burned it down on purpose, but it's tough to prove because that building and kitchen is just littered with fire hazards by it's very architecture

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

prom candy posted:

if you get two shots it’s very unlikely you need to worry about it with prevention approaching 90% and hospitalization being reduced further. there is still some risk to the health care system as a whole however so while caution is warranted we aren’t approaching any kind of everything is ducked scenario currently

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

1) Stop doomscrolling, its bad for you

2) Canada is crushing the vaccinations and will continue to do so for the next 6-8 weeks so we're very well situated to weather the delta variant. We'll probably be the most vaccinated country in the world by the end of July.

e: If you live with under-12s like me however, the delta variant continues to be a concern.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also, stop doomscrolling

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/JenicaAtwin/status/1404452811912486912

what a journey

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

prom candy posted:

stop doomscrolling. get one shot and you're flu-season-with-a-flu-shot fine, get two shots and you're extremely fine.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lol what the f is this

https://mobile.twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1403541727856795649

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's a good avatar you've got there

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i dont understand the need to walk the floor from one pro-israel party to another pro-israel party and then shift to "well actually both sides"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

prom candy posted:

no we're not. even a single dose of vaccine gives very high protection against serious illness, if it doesn't prevent you from becoming infected at all

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how is every western politician so thoroughly owned by a tiny genocidal country less than 100 years old. what the gently caress is wrong with this world.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

i dont understand the need to walk the floor from one pro-israel party to another pro-israel party and then shift to "well actually both sides"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Supporting Israel is pretty great. You get to live out all of your fascist ethno-state ideas vicariously through them, and if anyone critisizes you, you get to play the anti-Semite card.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

thankfully the homeopathy party only gets a few votes out of every hundred thousand in keeping with their medical practices

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqjhHVUzl8o

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

manitoba is up to 71.735% one dose and 17.743% second dose for ages 12+ as of this morning. assuming they can get that last 4.3% single dose done by july 1st they should easily get to the 75%/25% goal for re-opening. is that good or bad though? of course they were going to set goals they could easily meet

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/foothills-delta-variant-outbreak-calgary-covid-1.6063802

Probably best to give this a pass while on your way to COP OP

Also go to Banff

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

corbynism intensifies

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

man i would be so pissed if I was her constituent who voted for her or contributed to her campaign. First Green MP elected outside BC, and the first non-Liberal or Conservative MP to be elected in Fredericton. Featured as a "Rising star" by Maclean's parliamentarians of the year feature. Surprise suckers! She's a liberal now. Hope you enjoy your backbencher government MP

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Jun 14, 2021

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

DariusLikewise posted:

pension security. one more election and she's more or less set for life.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

let's keep going in the exact same direction! this makes sense because we're currently doing so well when it comes to the environment! no i will never take a stand for anything ever, you can't make me!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"this isn't blood in my mouth, it's victory wine"
https://twitter.com/AnnamiePaul/status/1403768079679733768

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

prom candy posted:

Worry is the least essential of human emotions. Our opinions of the virus are of little moment relative to its power

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1403293582279294983

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Don't forget somewhere in there the nurses and us health care workers go on strike and then end up with a little token legislated back to work.