Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gonna be interesting to see if racist New Yorkers turn on Adams as mayor even though, besides being Black, he is their dream cop tyrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Important lesson for everyone: do not be on twitter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how tf is Garcia polling so high. she's a nonentity

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shes getting the "nobody" votes

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

In Training posted:

how tf is Garcia polling so high. she's a nonentity

She's seen as the no-nonsense bureaucrat who got poo poo done

https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1401203329468964866

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

gonna be interesting to see if racist New Yorkers turn on Adams as mayor even though, besides being Black, he is their dream cop tyrant.

https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1404445986437672961

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Sexmonster Cuomo open Bidened the state today apparently, which aren't we still seeing hundreds of people die a day? I had s coworker pass away I guess 3 weeks ago now and they had to take him to the morgue in Brooklyn because Staten Island was full up

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
No of course produce not, why consume would you suggest die such a ghoulish thing??

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Congrats on Adams for being Biden levels of offline unassailable, and Wiley for having the least scandals to reveal her as being a less-than-leftist liberal, I guess

edit: lol Barkan officially getting inducted into the ranks of the woke-skeptic less-than-liberal leftists with praise from Glenn himself

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1404812840196886537

Maximo Roboto has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Jun 16, 2021

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

edit: nm

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

KomradeX posted:

So Sexmonster Cuomo open Bidened the state today apparently, which aren't we still seeing hundreds of people die a day? I had s coworker pass away I guess 3 weeks ago now and they had to take him to the morgue in Brooklyn because Staten Island was full up

was your coworker vaccinated

Griz
May 21, 2001

KomradeX posted:

the entire state is at <400 new cases and 10-15 deaths per day, most of which are probably in right wing shitholes like staten island

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

was your coworker vaccinated

Yes he was, though he had a heart attack, I think. Still it was slightly distressing for them to tell us the morgue was full up

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Griz posted:

the entire state is at <400 new cases and 10-15 deaths per day, most of which are probably in right wing shitholes like staten island

That still sounds like ita shopping for a surge enen these right wing assholes start going everywhere else. Like you should have a few weeks with no deaths and no new infections before opening up again

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Yes he was, though he had a heart attack, I think. Still it was slightly distressing for them to tell us the morgue was full up

poo poo that sucks

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think you were ever gonna see a few weeks of zero death in the US especially, but I guess the real test is gonna be when it gets cold again

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

poo poo that sucks

It really does, and he was just a few days from retirement as well.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TyroneCStevens/status/1405282565255176194

:thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alright gonna go vote. Im voting wylie garcia donovan and tiffany caban for city council. Anybody else i should vote for?

E: actually maybe wylie morales donovan

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Shageletic posted:

Alright gonna go vote. Im voting wylie garcia donovan and tiffany caban for city council. Anybody else i should vote for?

E: actually maybe wylie morales donovan

You can pick five for mayor. If you’re waffling between Garcia and Morales, rank ‘em both. The only thing that happens if you don’t and one of your other picks doesn’t win is they throw out your ballot sooner before we elect Eric Adams. Rank as many people as you can possibly tolerate.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/AmandaFariasNYC/status/1405950679491952641

Lmao

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Eric Adams must be stopped at all costs. Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MrMikeBlake/status/1406392521308217346

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lmao Monkey Pawed by wishing away Yang

speaking of which, NYT op-ed argues for tactical vote for Adams over Yang

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1406266905707659267

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I feel like this connects to a recent conversation either here on the Upstate thread:

https://twitter.com/jeffstone500/status/1407051454653865986

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how long do RCV elections take to settle. curious when we'll get results.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

how long do RCV elections take to settle. curious when we'll get results.

People have been saying second week of July; Polo-Rican was saying they finally fixed all the problems with taking forever to scan ballots, but they've got to wait a while for all the absentee ballots.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so c'mon give me the least lovely ballot order i should use tomorrow

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Real hurthling! posted:

paperboy prince
-
-
-
-

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Real hurthling! posted:

I’m dumb and in the same boat, really struggling with it. Wiley and morales seem like clear front runners for me, but I have to list 5 people to drop adams as far as I can

who is this art chang guy? his positions seem good from a glance, universal child care, housing. but rich guy? business guy?? rebooting city hall? I’ve left this too late, I shouldn’t have procrastinated my research!!

Garcia seems lovely on criminal justice / nypd stuff, stringer did what he did

I’m no on Adams, Foldenauer, McGuire, paperboy, Taylor, Yang, Wright jr, I think.

so I’m left with Wiley, morales as my top 2

then… Chang, Donovan, Garcia, Stringer (alphabetical order)

honestly just trying to pick 5 to put adams below 5 people.

Wiley
Morales
— subpar at this point
Chang??
Donovan
Stringer??

why does everyone suck

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Why didn't Cynthia Nixon run anyway

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The case for Garcia is that she’s poo poo on NYPD/Justice stuff, but she’s unlikely to gently caress up anything else and is worth ranking as a “likely to actually be one of the last few standing to hold off Eric Adams who is an absolute sociopath who must not be allowed to win at any cost.”

(See also, Andrew Yang, who follows a similar line of reasoning, but where the case for Garcia is “unambitious policy proposals, extremely competently executed”, the case for Yang is “wildly ambitious policy proposals, let’s gently caress around and find out with a neophyte who has no idea how any of this works!”. The fact that both of these people end up being considered ultimately comparable as “well, it’s our best chance to keep out Adams” is an indictment of this city and its politics, and an unfortunate reality that ought to be accepted on a tactical ranked choice ballot that still lets you vote your heart and conscience at the top.)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

paperboy
Wiley
morales
garcia
stringer

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It gives me hope that Adams is so fervently anti-RCV, like he knows it will decimate his tactics of turning out small but very reliable groups in a low-flow election

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

All of these choices seem like utter garbage so Im just going to play some Switch games after work today instead of getting rained on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KomradeX posted:

All of these choices seem like utter garbage so Im just going to play some Switch games after work today instead of getting rained on

the mayoral race is a complete joke but depending on your city council district you could have a race that matters. worth double checking although gaming on switch does in fact own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i voted for prince

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Sweeper posted:

I’m no on Adams, Foldenauer, McGuire, paperboy, Taylor, Yang, Wright jr, I think.

So is the race so bad that even the fun gimmick candidate isn't problem0free enough to be the unanimous "might as well throw away my vote" conscience vote? Seems like Paperboy should be getting even more traction if there's so many people saying gently caress this race everyone sucks

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feels like prince started out late. didn't really get alot of attn.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Maximo Roboto posted:

So is the race so bad that even the fun gimmick candidate isn't problem0free enough to be the unanimous "might as well throw away my vote" conscience vote? Seems like Paperboy should be getting even more traction if there's so many people saying gently caress this race everyone sucks

No clear flagbearer for the non-sociopath vote means too many slots taken up with gamey "ugh gently caress maybe this one will beat Adams" picks.

I ranked Stringer, the guy running on his dad's fortune, AND Yang and it ruined the whole day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Maximo Roboto posted:

I felt I had to rank 5 candidates other people would vote for to try to make adams eat poo poo, probably won’t work though