Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The new adeptus sororitas models slap and I will definitely be picking up a number of them. I ordered a House Escher box for Necromunda for the female heads so hopefully they will fit on the Primaris bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Z the IVth posted:

The Imperial Guard would like you to know that they are the most inclusive military organisation in the galaxy. Sometimes they'll even take you if you tick "Genestealer" in that box.

They're very heavily armoured and are badasses to boot.

E:fb

Unfortunately their new box with the new 'inclusive' (i.e. has a few female heads) sprue is £29, pushing the thrifty gamer to running heavily mechanised armies.

"Oh, yeah, there's loads of women in the army... But they just happen to be driving the tanks, visually obscured, I guess?"

Gee-Dubs is more than happy to make the figures you won't buy a lot of more expensive to make up for it, like characters, but doesn't seem to like cutting horde army prices... *Unhappy grognard noises*

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Courtesy of Reddit:

🌈 Adamus & Stevian - Heroes of the Imperium 🌈 ! So here’s my entry for the #pridepaintingcompetition. Happy pride month 🖤

Top comment:

beemusReemus posted:

Oh to be a space marine, frolicking through the fields, nothing but a bolter in my hand and love in my heart. (not love for the xenos tho, that's what the bolter is for)

The mod's comment about the sheer amount of impotent rage going on in the background is worth checking out, too.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That's just gross and wrong.

Those mold lines are absolutely horrendous.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
drat beat me to the joke

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Found the source of the wiener mech and check this out.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Yond Cassius posted:

Courtesy of Reddit:

🌈 Adamus & Stevian - Heroes of the Imperium 🌈 ! So here’s my entry for the #pridepaintingcompetition. Happy pride month 🖤

Top comment:

The mod's comment about the sheer amount of impotent rage going on in the background is worth checking out, too.

That mod posted a screenshot of all the reports the post was getting:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shore-Leave Trooper

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I was hunting around Ali for some fun models to paint...

£5.33 15%OFF | 60mm Resin model kits figure DIY toy self-assembled TD-2123 (Sale price )
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uAy8TH

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Amphigory posted:

£5.33 15%OFF | 60mm Resin model kits figure DIY toy self-assembled TD-2123 (Sale price )

Clicked around and immediately found this, :nms:which is, uhhh, a thing:nms:.

Pros: An octopus wearing a gas mask.

Cons: A woman with a bulging stomach from what appears to be a nautilus shell.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

Never understood why GW didn't just make truescale marines and double the price. There would be enough nerds out there who would replace their entire armies with them.

They could even release a single model to test the waters before they go whole hog with it.

way back in 2016 reading the thread, nice prediction here.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Clicked around and immediately found this, :nms:which is, uhhh, a thing:nms:.

Pros: An octopus wearing a gas mask.

Cons: A woman with a bulging stomach from what appears to be a nautilus shell.

If it didn't have the girl on top I'd be tempted to pick that up just from the absurdity of an octopus wearing a gas mask.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Amphigory posted:

Get with the times, buddy.

a review by Karen posted:

it’s not played for provocative lady/bear taboo like Bear, nor is it going full bore to smuttown like The Maiden and the Bear Gods or Mounted by a Monster: Poking the Werebear nor is it intentionally blending humor and smut like Sex Bear: The Legend Continues/Sex Bear: The Choad Warrior.

The only surprise is that it hasn't appeared sooner.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
this is on a lot of "most important canadian novels" lists

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

way back in 2016 reading the thread, nice prediction here.

Message for past self - For gods sake buy GAW, buy as much as you can afford.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Z the IVth posted:

Message for past self - For gods sake buy GAW, buy as much as you can afford.

Right after Indominus sold out in 15 minutes I bought some shares, it's gone up over 50% in the last year. Not the 1600% return from a few years ago, but I'm still happy with it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Floppychop posted:

If it didn't have the girl on top I'd be tempted to pick that up just from the absurdity of an octopus wearing a gas mask.
Sculpt a giant top hat over the girl and problem solved

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

drat what happened in 2017-18?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

drat what happened in 2017-18?

Tom Kirby left, lol.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tin Tim posted:

Sculpt a giant top hat over the girl and problem solved

The girl is presumably a separate piece. Even if she's not you can probably snip her off so the hat doesn't have to be too big.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Midjack posted:

Tom Kirby left, lol.

Lmao

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

LashLightning posted:

Get with the times, buddy.

The only surprise is that it hasn't appeared sooner.

Hahaha

quote:

i did not realize i had such an interest

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The girl is presumably a separate piece. Even if she's not you can probably snip her off so the hat doesn't have to be too big.

That model is some cursed "Tell Tale Heart"/ Brady Bunch Tiki Idol poo poo tho that will wind up showing up in a bitz box you bought on eBay 10 years from now.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

That model is some cursed "Tell Tale Heart"/ Brady Bunch Tiki Idol poo poo tho that will wind up showing up in a bitz box you bought on eBay 10 years from now.

I can only hope

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Beautiful.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Midjack posted:

Tom Kirby left, lol.

It’s actually literally this

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Stealing this from the Waffleimages thread:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

It’s actually literally this

When did they release the previous edition of 40k, Blood Bowl and Necromunda? Must have been around then as well. Maybe a bit early for contrasts.

But yeah, it's very much the moment they changed the guard and started to get their poo poo together.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Rascar Capac posted:

Stealing this from the Waffleimages thread:

Those spiderdemons rule

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Toebone posted:

Those spiderdemons rule

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Just everything here

Infinitum posted:

Hello friends, the Traditional Games Kickstarter thread is currently dunking on this monstrosity: Gamevaults World of Warcraft Edition

It is :siren: $500 USD :siren:
Only available in the US.
Has game pieces that make it an unreadable mess from a table state perspective.
Is apparently officially endorsed by Blizz with marketing info coming soon.
May or may not be a money laundering scheme
Features no physical prototype, just renders, so you know it's legit.

Has an all black version for :siren: $650 USD :siren: which makes it EVEN HARDER to see which pieces are yours

If you add all the poo poo to the board it becomes this unreadable nightmare
https://i.imgur.com/gI8R2PA.mp4

"With the addition of iconic architectural elements some landing spaces are raised as high as 11 inches ultimately obscuring the line of sight of all game pieces. The rules. have. changed."
Promotes loving with your line of sight AS A SELLING POINT

ARGHHHHHHHHH
:allbuttons:

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Okay hear me out - I don't think you're actually supposed to play it.
You assemble it, put it in a glass case next to your Blizzard Genuine Frostmourne and look at it once every sixth months or so.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Toebone posted:

Those spiderdemons rule

This D00wns

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trenchdeep posted:

Okay hear me out - I don't think you're actually supposed to play it.
You assemble it, put it in a glass case next to your Blizzard Genuine Frostmourne and look at it once every sixth months or so.

Yeah but even then it's still ugly

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Black plastic so it looks like pvc drainpipe.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The GameVaults: World of Warcraft® OnyxEdition™ includes all the pieces in the GameVaults: World of Warcraft® Core Edition™ plus 20 additional exclusive creature game pieces - 10 each of two amazing Abomination figures. These exclusives are painted in rich and detailed black tones. In addition to being visually stunning, these deep black tones raise the complexity of the game. When there is no differentiation between the pieces and the playing surface the gameplay difficulty is amplified significantly.

lol it's a selling point.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Eediot Jedi posted:

The GameVaults: World of Warcraft® OnyxEdition™ includes all the pieces in the GameVaults: World of Warcraft® Core Edition™ plus 20 additional exclusive creature game pieces - 10 each of two amazing Abomination figures. These exclusives are painted in rich and detailed black tones. In addition to being visually stunning, these deep black tones raise the complexity of the game. When there is no differentiation between the pieces and the playing surface the gameplay difficulty is amplified significantly.

lol it's a selling point.

Are you sure this is not a massive troll?

When I read a murder mystery novel, I find that illegible print enhances the mystery.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ugleb posted:

When I read a murder mystery novel, I find that illegible print enhances the mystery.

The murder mystery is set in a butler academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Ugleb posted:

Well, if it's a troll, they're putting in SOME effort behind the scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCReC6wu1xs
I think they're just a couple of designers biting off more than they can chew, overdesigning the hell out of a simple game. I have no idea how they convinced Blizzard to license WoW for it, though. Probably a family member or something.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 18, 2021