Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I don't really care how long ago Rob Lowe made a sex tape with a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm glad the charities got the money, and I get that Rob Lowe has said some crappy things even in recent years, but I thought the response was ridiculous. Do people give a dollar to charity every time they watch an episode of Parks & Rec?

There was an Action Boyz a few months back where Gabrus said that if a recording of him doing Lou Ferrigno at UCB's Match Game '76 ever came out, the Doughboys would have to pay somebody $25,000, simply on principle. Had a good laugh at that.

Just Chamber posted:

Obv Middleditch is deservedly canceled but the china phone call was hilarious

All of his appearances are hilarious, including "Let's call China;" it's a shame he's a terrible human being but I'm fine with him not returning in the future. (My mom mentioned watching B Positive recently and I told her I was wondering if that would get a second season - "Because the male lead, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it came out in a couple of ways that he's a creep." She immediately responded "Well he looks like a creep!")

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I actually wasn't in charge of casting for Parks & Rec, if you can believe that.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

I don't really care how long ago Rob Lowe made a sex tape with a child

Would it help if I told you it was a threesome? What if I said it was technically legal? Wait! Come back!

No, you're right. When it happened doesn't matter today. It was still really gross. I just point out that when it happened and how long ago it happened could explain why a lot of people don't know about it and why he was able to wriggle out of it. Even more gross is that he kind of considered it good for his career. He's a scumbag, no doubt. But it was packaged very differently back then than now. That doesn't make it forgivable but it's why he was able to get away with it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

There was an Action Boyz a few months back where Gabrus said that if a recording of him doing Lou Ferrigno at UCB's Match Game '76 ever came out, the Doughboys would have to pay somebody $25,000, simply on principle. Had a good laugh at that.

There's a lot Gabrus could be called out for and I'd still probably defend him to a certain point. But that pales by miles in contrast to Rob Lowe and his friend clandestinely taping having with a 16 year old.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

I actually wasn't in charge of casting for Parks & Rec, if you can believe that.

I checked IMDB. Yeah, it was someone else.
Certainly at this point you can't book Lowe for anything. Though he still works for some strange reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

(My mom mentioned watching B Positive recently and I told her I was wondering if that would get a second season - "Because the male lead, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it came out in a couple of ways that he's a creep." She immediately responded "Well he looks like a creep!")

The funny thing is that show has such an out right now - the season ended with him going under for the transplant. Just have season 2 kill him off and shift focus to Eli the football guy who is also in the same situation, and Annaleigh Ashford, who is a delight.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Does the new Apple podcast app absolutely suck rear end for anyone else? I can't exactly verbalize why but it feels so bad to use, not that it was great before.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Overcast for iOS is a king among kings.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm more mad at the Doughboys for having Raiza Licea on.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Why, what did she do?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Top tier intro with PFT

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
FYI this is the first 100% in-studio episode since covid started

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Riptor posted:

FYI this is the first 100% in-studio episode since covid started

Probably because the guest backed out. Which is a great thing because this ep immediately goes off the rails and was loving hilarious

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s weird how distant Dan sounds for being in studio. I would’ve sworn he was remote if it wasn’t for the photo on earwolf.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I'm sure there were people who did not get this, so just in case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6eP18qJ3IE

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

lmao i had no idea but it makes sense considering paul is obsessed with RDR2

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I appreciate this because I had no idea what that was a reference to.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I had serious deja vu during that bit so thanks! It was driving me crazy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

There was the one he did with Neil Hamburger which I remember being really bad (which is a shame, because after binging On Cinema and Decker I know what kind of amazing stuff those two can do together). I forget exactly what happened in the episode, I remember it just being a lot of really combative negative energy that didn't work with the show's format at all (and an insistence to make a running gag out of the Burger King Kid's Club that fell flat right out of the gate and never got funnier)

Heidecker was at one of the live shows I went to, too, and I remember him just kind of refusing to engage with the games, which I guess was meant to be a bit but was also actually not fun. Fortunately the other guests picked up the slack and it was a great show. I think Adomian might have been there, actually, I know he played sherriff of nottingham at one of the live shows I went to, I don't remember if it was the one Tim was on.

Just swinging back to this to say that Tim Heidecker had Adomian on the latest episode of his Office Hours podcast. Adomian played Van Morrison, they were definitely having a very good time together. Made me relieved that there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them. And actually as I write this I just remembered that Adomian was on Office Hours before as well, talking about the Armenian/Azerbaijan conflict last year.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I would watch Common'slaw.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Consummate Professional posted:

Does the new Apple podcast app absolutely suck rear end for anyone else? I can't exactly verbalize why but it feels so bad to use, not that it was great before.

The really bad part right now is if you’re not subscribed to a podcast and you go start listening to one you’re not subbed to and then pause it, after a certain amount of time, like 5/10 minutes it’ll just close that listening session down. So you’ll open the app again and it won’t save your spot it’ll just purge it out. It’s very annoying.

Also yeah the way they handle surfacing new episodes is bad again.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If you’re on iOS and not using Overcast, you don’t know what you’re missing. It’s a serious killer app for iPhones.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They're back in the studio, and it's glorious :,)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The World Inferno posted:

They're back in the studio, and it's glorious :,)

They are just giddy to be off zoom.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

and it's glorious!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Zoobi Condarino is now my favorite character of all time :v:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
some would call it exquisite.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched the TV episode yesterday where they did the '10 Greatest Moments' and 9 of them were from the same episode, and it feels like this podcast episode deserves the same distinction in the year end best ofs.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

No no no no no! It's the only one I bring back!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I loved the Mr. Show reunion in DC crack. C+ episode.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
Came in to catch up on CBB news, left with the knowledge that "Choo-Choo" The Hurkey Jerkey Dancer is a MegaTrumper. Sad day,

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm amazed that they got Sparks, and that Ron is saying things.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Oof, what a real step back after the last couple of great episodes.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I saw a band and apodaca on there as a guest and kind of balked. Is it bad?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It's on Zoom so the energy is way lower than the past fortnight. Edgar Wright and Sparks are game, but they're not comedians so they don't really add a whole lot. Both Bang Rodgeman and Apodaca are funny. It's not awful, but it's not a gleeful return to in-person CBB.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I don't know Apodaca, but I'll agree going into it the combo of musical guest and being a Zoom episode that was probably recorded a bunch of weeks ago had me wary (I don't know their music but I'm super looking forward to the doc), but I ended up really enjoying it. they don't say a huge amount, but what they do say is pretty funny and Edgar is always a good non character guest.

Somehow I missed Nite Wolf's previous episodes, or simply don't remember them but now want to go back and (re)visit, and Apodaca I quite enjoyed as Scott was in a bullying mood and it made the segment fun.

It was never going to rival last weeks loving all timer, but thought it was a solid episode. Nobody can complain about Nikki Glaser talking for 45 minutes at least!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Thanks for the feedback! I will give it a shot.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't know Apodaca, but I'll agree going into it the combo of musical guest and being a Zoom episode that was probably recorded a bunch of weeks ago had me wary (I don't know their music but I'm super looking forward to the doc), but I ended up really enjoying it. they don't say a huge amount, but what they do say is pretty funny and Edgar is always a good non character guest.

Somehow I missed Nite Wolf's previous episodes, or simply don't remember them but now want to go back and (re)visit, and Apodaca I quite enjoyed as Scott was in a bullying mood and it made the segment fun.

It was never going to rival last weeks loving all timer, but thought it was a solid episode. Nobody can complain about Nikki Glaser talking for 45 minutes at least!

Oh man his first episode was a banger, but skip the non nitewolf introduction IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Just listened, it was great. Top shots all around!