Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
The game was more about the barriers between ghost dimension and our dimension being broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Armacham posted:

The game was more about the barriers between ghost dimension and our dimension being broken.

But enough about 2020...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just wait til it's the darkest hour, and Ray says he's going to call up an old friend... and bam, Casper!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Maybe we’ll get a new trailer?

https://twitter.com/ghostbusters/status/1399757640268345345

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Do the existence of the Minipufts imply that Peter actually got the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man laid? Anyway, you may now kiss the bride

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

text me a vag pic posted:

Do the existence of the Minipufts imply that Peter actually got the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man laid? Anyway, you may now kiss the bride

that wasnt marshmallow that fell on the EPA guy...

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

banned from Starbucks posted:

that wasnt marshmallow that fell on the EPA guy...

But he had no dick...

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

News. Neither good nor bad.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status/1400588510512439303?s=19

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That would have been a big twinkie
Commercially.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope they cancelled it because the filling is the wrong color and they're embarrassed about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s muncher cream

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ghost cum blue

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

mods namechangg plz

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
We’re not getting Ecto Cooler this time are we? :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gnome de plume posted:

That would have been a big twinkie
Commercially.

"The Ghostbusters Wiki posted:

The dimensions of Egon’s twinkie are inconsistent: a 600-pound Twinkie should only be about 6.4 feet long while a 35-foot long Twinkie should weigh about 50 tons.[6]

I hope someone was fired for that blunder!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
SA Forums > Cinema Discusso > Ghostbusters: The dimensions of Egon’s twinkie are inconsistent

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPg9F6EvX9A

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

why car model change eplain to grogg

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Finally they invented a device that can rotate a 3D model and

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I can't believe they didn't release a new trailer today. It's like Sony doesn't give a single solitary gently caress about the sanctity of Ghostbusters Day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Some new shots in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1fS3mYaNk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, this was just unearthed. A demo from Hughes/Thrall (?), submitted by none other than Peter Aykroyd, to be the theme song for the original, before Ray Parker Jr was involved.

To be as fair as possible, this is just the demo, but like... Goddamn.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, this was just unearthed. A demo from Hughes/Thrall (?), submitted by none other than Peter Aykroyd, to be the theme song for the original, before Ray Parker Jr was involved.

Wow this is bad.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
How much cocaine was involved in making that demo

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Is this a prank? Because this feels so much like a parody of an 80s song. If I were asked to take some modern property and "write the 80s movie theme!" this is what I would do. (Well, maybe not the absurd cacophony of the opening but everything after that.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is trying to sound like Miami Vice.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

PhotoKirk posted:

But he had no dick...

Yes it's true. That man had no dick

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

PhotoKirk posted:

But he had no dick...

He's clearly the bottom in that scenario.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want to see a cut of the movie with this theme spliced in.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Ivan Reitman: "gently caress this. Get something that sounds like that Huey Lewis song."

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugh, I have that dumb rejected theme song stuck in my head after listening to it a second time.

The lyrics don't even make any sense when I think about them. Like what are they even talking about??

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

AndyElusive posted:

I want to see a cut of the movie with this theme spliced in.

https://vimeo.com/563021520

The bridge is kinda neat. The rest is store brand Thompson Twins.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The part of that godawful mess when they keep talking about how they don't care if you used to own the house or live there.... is just kinda mean :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

This is trying to sound like Miami Vice.

Miami Vice started airing after GB came out. This is just New Wave pop.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's like Peter Gabriel and Gary Numan were merged into one unholy being fueled by cocaine.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oooooooohhhhh we ahhhhh we ahhhhhhhhhhhh

*Peter Falk appears*

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

So apparently someone thought this sounded good enough to turn into a non-Ghostbusters song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VBJjYWk5I

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

xezton posted:

So apparently someone thought this sounded good enough to turn into a non-Ghostbusters song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VBJjYWk5I

Whoa, this is crazy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The remaster of Ghostbusters just dropped on steam if anyone was waiting for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wasn’t the original PC port back in 2007/8 legendarily trash?