Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If no more heroes was actually fun to play it would be one of the greatest games of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Forneus Rex posted:

These weirdly empty and soulless japanese free roam games are weird. No More Heroes indeed.

No More Heroes is a weird one gameplay wise but in general it's like they saw the popularity of GTA and tried to copy that, but took out all the spontaneous crimes.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FoolyCharged posted:

nope. You need at least two survivors in order to transfer forward. I remember when I did a fail shep run I was able to rig it such that it was 2 disloyal people who would consequently die in me3, but I forget exactly what I did to pull that off.

Would have been funny if you transfered a save where Shep is dead and you just get a short cutscene with Anderson lying dead in front of a crashed Normandy in Vancouver.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lodin posted:

Here's someone going out of their way to get the absolute worst ending to ME2 and it's hilarious and impressive. I had no idea it was even possible to get Shep killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVC92PYBFSs

That ending :allears:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lodin posted:

Here's someone going out of their way to get the absolute worst ending to ME2 and it's hilarious and impressive. I had no idea it was even possible to get Shep killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVC92PYBFSs

Could you rig this so everyone but Shepard lives?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Space Kablooey posted:

Could you rig this so everyone but Shepard lives?

Sadly no, Shepard only dies if there is no one left alive to catch them at the end.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?!!

:pwn:

p...plz...be good :negative:

BE GOOD

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A STALKER where you just stand in the open while dudes fire at you and you don't even have to aim down the sight when you eventually return fire does not sound much like the games I used to play.
Although it's obviously possible it was done that way to impress people who have no experience with the series.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
why is it called stalker 2 when it's the 4th stalker game
kingdom hearts was a bad influence on game devs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?!!

:pwn:

p...plz...be good :negative:

BE GOOD

It looks so much like a new Metro game it's crazy. I mean, it's no surprise why I guess lol. And they are claiming it's 100 hours :eyepop: Looks so fuckin good.

I'm just pissed it's an xbox timed exclusive so I'm gonna have to wait for PS5 or play on my laptop :sigh:

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

It looks so much like a new Metro game it's crazy.
That's not necessarily a good thing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lodin posted:

A STALKER where you just stand in the open while dudes fire at you and you don't even have to aim down the sight when you eventually return fire does not sound much like the games I used to play.
Although it's obviously possible it was done that way to impress people who have no experience with the series.

I hope it was just for the trailer. It even fits the narrative. The PC was telling the guys a story, and charging in makes for a better one.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Half life 2 is an underrated gem

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Half life 2 is an underrated gem

Real diamond in the rough, that one

Real cult classic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Stalker 2 looks really good. I hope it's more explorative and vast than Metro. Metro always felt cramped, even the outside portions. I got bored of it really quick

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
ps5 gamers just now "My console is cool and the games are expensive, good job it keeps crashing and wiping my save so i can really get that £70 value"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
How's the XxXboXxX turning out in practice? Is that even out yet? I still find it baffling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How's the XxXboXxX turning out in practice? Is that even out yet? I still find it baffling.

Its got a better feature set and a consumer friendlier approach so its getting blown out in mindshare and sales

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

why is it called stalker 2 when it's the 4th stalker game
kingdom hearts was a bad influence on game devs

Street Fighter II was the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 22nd and 34th street fighter game

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

flavor.flv posted:

Street Fighter II was the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 22nd and 34th street fighter game

Honestly I thought it would be more.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I am allowing you all to share in my disappointment at this new game reveal trailer, where even journalists can't tell the difference between the Outer Wilds and Outer Worlds
https://metro.co.uk/video/the-outer-wilds-2-announcement-trailer-2439161/

I do use the term journalists loosely

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It has to be a meme, because it says Worlds right there in the thumbnail.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

stalker teaser looks sick as hell

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Wizard with a Gun is a great name and great art wasted on a "survival" game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lurker2006 posted:

That's not necessarily a good thing.

:wtc:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
unpopular opinion: the xbox series of consoles gets a bit of an unfair hammering, its always good to have a competitor and there were a good number of games I really enjoyed that I wouldn't have played otherwise, particularly on the original xbox.

Chronicles of Riddick, Otogi 1 and 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Munch's Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden, Knights of the Old Republic, Forza and Halo are all great games I enjoyed enough to see to the end

On the flip side, Fable and Jade Empire both pretty poor games which I didn't last an hour with

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

MrQueasy posted:

Wizard with a Gun is a great name and great art wasted on a "survival" game.

I'm amazed it's literally just Don't Starve with the names filed off. How do you get that close to a property without running afoul of something.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

unpopular opinion: the xbox series of consoles gets a bit of an unfair hammering, its always good to have a competitor and there were a good number of games I really enjoyed that I wouldn't have played otherwise, particularly on the original xbox.

All consoles deserve poo poo because they propagate exclusives as some kind of positive for their hegemonic console wars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Exclusives suck in regards to console warrioring, but it’s cool when a console maker bankrolls a game as an exclusive that might have not gotten made otherwise. Stuff like Bloodborne or Bayonetta 2 might not have gotten made if it weren’t for exclusives.

Stuff like buying Bethesda so their games aren’t on other platforms blows though.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
New proposal: video game console monopoly. No one has to worry about exclusives because there's only one platform!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Terrible Idea. Everytime there's a semi monopoly the quality goes to poo poo

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Arcades had it right where every game should be stand alone.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

New proposal: video game console monopoly. No one has to worry about exclusives because there's only one platform!

Bring back HD DVD!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vakal posted:

Arcades had it right where every game should be stand alone.

Starting in the late 90s and to this day arcades added all sorts of gimmicks like transferring save progress between cabinets to nowadays where the machine actually prints out physical cards for you to use on subsequent plays and there are daily login bonuses.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Maybe in the past it was a bad idea but the modern social media discourse has made it pretty evident gamers these days have very strong opinions on the quality of their games, and I don't think they'll happily let quality slip even if they allow for a monopoly to form.

Do y'all even read reddit?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Every video game title should be publicly sold on the stock market.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Naw, just go back in time and have them establish a government standards board that forces companies to make all the hardware and software as compatible as possible. Leaving it to competing capitalists was a bad idea forever.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Vakal posted:

Every video game title should be publicly sold on the stock market.

stock share lootboxes

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Excelzior posted:

stock share lootboxes

Short selling Balan's Wonderworld paid for my new home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

syntaxfunction posted:

Do y'all even read reddit?

Please let me know which posts of mine made you think this was a possibility so that I may delete them