Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

just cuz his wife slept with you doesn't mean you have to stick up for him, mang.
Dude, WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

Sasha probably. Women regularly main-eventing WWE PPVs doesn't happen without her NXT title reign and the 2016 Sasha vs. Charlotte feud doing those ratings, and that's had a huge impact on wrestling. Stardom for example wouldn't be having this big run without that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/nzxj5u/meltzer_on_the_young_bucks_if_you_think_impact_on/h1rzvvt

Sasha Banks is responsible for Stardom’s success

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hahaha I was just coming here to post that. Admittedly I don't know how off-base this is but it feels like something you shouldn't be this adamant about.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

Hahaha I was just coming here to post that. Admittedly I don't know how off-base this is but it feels like something you shouldn't be this adamant about.

Pretty sure Stardom predates her as a wrestler

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty sure Stardom predates her as a wrestler

They go into that. You see, nobody cared about Stardom until Bushiroad saw Sasha main event and decided strictly on that that joshi was worth investing in so it's all thanks to Legit Boss etc.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think you'll find that nobody cared about women at all, ever, until Stephanie McMahon singlehandedly revolutionized women's wrestling. She gave women the right to vote and turned global culture into a homogenous matriarchal society.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I think you'll find that nobody cared about women at all, ever, until Stephanie McMahon singlehandedly revolutionized women's wrestling. She gave women the right to vote and turned global culture into a homogenous matriarchal society.

I used to be a feminist then I found out Stephanie McMahon invented feminism so now I'm a man going his own way because I find her unpleasant.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Stephanie is a very good actor, among the top 10 in wrestling history.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

Oh yeah? If that's true why hasn't she been in a The Marine movie, huh?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eat My Fuc

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You know how Sasha cited Akira Hokuto as her favourite joshi wrestler? Turns out Hokuto wouldn't have had a career without Sasha main-eventing.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Steph is a great character until she decides to bury everyone else in the segment and never take any comeuppance for it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

Steph is a great character until she decides to bury everyone else in the segment and never take any comeuppance for it

Most of the problem is her being a McMahon, but another problem in this situation that often WWE's idea of comeuppance is taking somebody's move.

Personally I'd rather not see her take the YES!lock.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Most of the problem is her being a McMahon, but another problem in this situation that often WWE's idea of comeuppance is taking somebody's move.

Personally I'd rather not see her take the YES!lock.
I don't remember this happening, but they had Big Show trick the fans into wishing Daniel Bryan a speedy recovery with YES! chants during a commercial break so they could use it for the WWE NETWORK ONLY $9.99! and tried to give it to both Big Show and Stephanie to prove that Daniel Bryan was only "Chant over"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember this happening, but they had Big Show trick the fans into wishing Daniel Bryan a speedy recovery with YES! chants during a commercial break so they could use it for the WWE NETWORK ONLY $9.99! and tried to give it to both Big Show and Stephanie to prove that Daniel Bryan was only "Chant over"

Oh, I remember it well.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

As someone who needs a story to care about a match, this is where AEW loses me, lately. They've done a lot right in their short time, but it's clear that there are improvements to be made on the creative side.

Most fans are like myself; they prefer the story to the matches. AEW will not grow without making new fans care about what is happening, despite the bangers that are happening literally every week.

I rolled my eyes extremely hard at "most fans are like myself" we did it guys, we found the mythical mainstream consumer.

Edit: oh my god this loving guy

quote:

I never said it was an AEW-only issue; this post is about AEW, not anyone else. Had it been about others, that premise would have also been touched upon.

You're projecting what you think my point is (easy to do on the internet, for sure, and we are all guilty of it at some point).

Since I anticipate you stating that I'm doing the same, I'll add the following:

I work with emotionally-disturbed adolescents and young adults, and I work with the same attitudes and resulting behaviors that would cause someone to downvote, based upon the self.

I feel very confident that I'm correct in my premise. You may disagree, and that's fine. However, to insinuate that anything I've said is an insult, or at the very least was intended to do so, seems unfair.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 15, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I work with emotionally-disturbed adolescents and young adults, and I work with the same attitudes and resulting behaviors that would cause someone to downvote, based upon the self.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RealFoxy posted:

Chant over? Isn't that still being over? I hope the experiment failed on them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

He ended up main eventing WM and winning the world title

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I was hoping that Big Show and Steph didn't get over with the Yes Chants.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I was hoping that Big Show and Steph didn't get over with the Yes Chants.

Oh that. They bailed on that eventually.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

In theory no, it's one thing to be over in the arena where fans will chant anything because chanting is fun, and another to be over over where you draw people to buy tickets and PPVs and watch TV.

Obviously Bryan was over over and WWE is just dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chant over is stuff like Fandangoing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

That's some Olympic-level "I literally can't be wrong" mental gymnastics.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another chant over situation is jungle boy

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

they had Yes! Chant Big Show main event Survivor Series against Authority heel champ Randy Orton and the crowd was dddeeeaaaaaaddd, so WWE quietly dropped the "chant over" idea.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

D.N. Nation posted:

they had Yes! Chant Big Show main event Survivor Series against Authority heel champ Randy Orton and the crowd was dddeeeaaaaaaddd, so WWE quietly dropped the "chant over" idea.
I'm sure they were cocky because when they did the same type of thing to Ryder (Intentionally booking him awful to see if he would sink or swim) he.....Actually didn't sink, they just kept booking him worse and worse and took him off TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/maidenengland96/status/1404818994243293188?s=21

https://twitter.com/officiallyjace/status/1404814272836902914?s=21

https://twitter.com/nyrfan46/status/1404814002950230018?s=21

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think you'll ever do another one of these as successful as this one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's beautiful :swoon:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There's nothing like making the same people fall for the same joke multiple times.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WELL WELL WELL

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That document is the best thing to come out of AEW existing by far and I love AEW

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A+ sht

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

WELL WELL WELL

This just made me imagine MRT doing a Joel Gertner style roast of these dweebs and it made me giggle, thank you.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How long has it been since the original AP Invoice dropped? It's truly a masterwork and I'm continually amazed that it keeps popping up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

An immortal troll right here.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think my favorite part is how it’s clearly labeled as an invoice despite not resembling anything that might be called an invoice, and yet…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think my favorite part is how it’s clearly labeled as an invoice despite not resembling anything that might be called an invoice, and yet…