Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Anybody got that tweet by Marjorie Taylor Greene where she had to make a press announcement that the Holocaust was actually bad because she went to the Holocaust Museum in DC yesterday?

As if anybody forgot that she made a huge deal about how the camps didn't go far enough back in 2014 when she visited one and posted on social media about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Aw so hopeful. Poly is never gonna rise above the level of annoyance everyone has for vegans and CrossFit people. That's the cap. I'll go break it to the poly people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
24 Hour Poly People

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

teen witch posted:

24 Hour Poly People

That can't smell good.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

theironjef posted:

Aw so hopeful. Poly is never gonna rise above the level of annoyance everyone has for vegans and CrossFit people. That's the cap. I'll go break it to the poly people.

When a good proportion of the world allows poly marriage, including the strictest religion in the world, white people are going to struggle to make themselves feel oppressed for being so.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

theironjef posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsdKycVZZ4

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

learnincurve posted:

When a good proportion of the world allows poly marriage, including the strictest religion in the world, white people are going to struggle to make themselves feel oppressed for being so.

Honestly the way some white dudes have a hard on for wanting to be oppressed is probably a form of oppression itself. “Stop canceling yourself! Stop canceling yourself!”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/lunch_enjoyer/status/1281009919991349255

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I was saying to Minicurve the other day that so many awkward straight white dudes on the internet would be happy if they gave up the anime and threw themselves into music like they did in the before times.

Metal heads, emo’s, goths, could all be ugly and weird together without judgement and you had yourself a ready made friendship group just by turning up at a gig, and It’s not like metal isn’t still right there waiting for them

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Yeh poly people and vegans do exist though, it’s just you never got trapped in a room with one of them while they hold court and explain at you.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

learnincurve posted:

Yeh poly people and vegans do exist though, it’s just you never got trapped in a room with one of them while they hold court and explain at you.

Oh I meant the poster's hypothetical person who comes up with a slur for polyamory as bad as the most hateful word on the internet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

learnincurve posted:

I was saying to Minicurve the other day that so many awkward straight white dudes on the internet would be happy if they gave up the anime and threw themselves into music like they did in the before times.

Metal heads, emo’s, goths, could all be ugly and weird together without judgement and you had yourself a ready made friendship group just by turning up at a gig, and It’s not like metal isn’t still right there waiting for them

Metal/punk gigs and other fans probably shaped my willingness to accept and/or just not give a poo poo what others are doing as long as they're not hurting anyone else, as well as sticking up for the outcasts and other fellow weirdos, more than anything else in that 12-19 age period.

It's also why incels never made sense to me as I am not a good looking dude but turns out just not being a piece of poo poo works better!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Music is difficult but anime is free on the internet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm just saying you make great friends when you get to beat em up occasionally and it's seen as fun and cathartic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh I meant the poster's hypothetical person who comes up with a slur for polyamory as bad as the most hateful word on the internet.

Ahh the whole middle class white person desperately seeking attention thing…

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

OwlFancier posted:

Music is difficult but anime is free on the internet.

Nah you pick a band with good cover art, listen to an album, listen to the rest of their stuff find the internet space their fans are in, lurk for a bit and you in.

15 year old me would have killed or died to have had Spotify.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

learnincurve posted:

Nah you pick a band with good cover art, listen to an album, listen to the rest of their stuff find the internet space their fans are in, lurk for a bit and you in.

15 year old me would have killed or died to have had Spotify.

Trying to remember what it was....soulseek? Something like that. I made and still have a lot of friends from whatever that program was. It was like peer to peer downloads of people's libraries, and you could message each other. poo poo was awesome.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh you mean listening to music sorry I thought you meant playing music.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

iwentdoodie posted:

Metal/punk gigs and other fans probably shaped my willingness to accept and/or just not give a poo poo what others are doing as long as they're not hurting anyone else, as well as sticking up for the outcasts and other fellow weirdos, more than anything else in that 12-19 age period.

It's also why incels never made sense to me as I am not a good looking dude but turns out just not being a piece of poo poo works better!

Incels make a lot more sense considering they're almost universally kids who grew up in the suburbs with neglectful/apathetic/checked out parents who never bothered to get them into extracurricular activities or monitor their mental health and social development, so they ended up raised by unsupervised internet use and unable to access any social events on their own accord without their parents giving them a ride. By the time they reach adulthood, they're effectively feral children all grown up who never figured out fully functional methods of interacting with other human beings, but were given a convenient list of things to blame for their problems, mainly that unlike their fathers they weren't handed success and fulfilment, or at least a steady job and a subservient wife, on a silver platter just for being born white and with a dick.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Bean dad 2.0

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Swap the olives out for some onions or green peppers and that sounds like a drat good breakfast

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That reminds me of the time my daughter just wanted parmesan cheese, so we just gave her parmesan cheese

Suddenly the pasta and sides were way more exciting

(I guess the difference is actually giving them decent food when they figure it out)

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I just didn't enjoy music when I was younger. Wish I had done though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh god, the shirt.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm just saying you make great friends when you get to beat em up occasionally and it's seen as fun and cathartic.

You've just reminded me of my glorious time playing counter strike with my colleagues. My favourite map was cs_office because, if I spawned in the right place as a terrorist, I could run like a lunatic out a window and get up behind the other team with my knife out and stab all of em in the back long before they even thought they were vulnerable.

I made a bunch of dudes so paranoid about being backstabbed, they spun around constantly to avoid being backstabbed. It was very very funny.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Kids will sometimes insist on things you know they won't like and break down if you refuse, it's a learning experience.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ookiimarukochan posted:

Kids will sometimes insist on things you know they won't like and break down if you refuse, it's a learning experience.

Yeah, the difference between this and bean dad is bean dad forced his kid into a lovely scenario where in this instance, the kid is insisting on doing something lovely.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
(kimpossiblefact is not idiot)

https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1404517955782672384

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ookiimarukochan posted:

My nephew on Sunday insisted he wanted chicken wings, to the bewilderment of his mother, his aunt and me. Turned out when they arrived he actually wanted the chicken strips I had, and had repeatedly asked if that's what he meant before ordering. Turned out alright, as we discovered my two nieces will go through chicken wings like you wouldn't believe, and happily trade some of their chicken nuggets for some wings. The real difference is that we're not assholes and sorted things out so everyone was happy, instead of insisting my nephew sit and eat what he ordered or starve.

What I find funniest about that kid and his eggs is that presumably the dad still had to pay for something his son isn't going to eat. Seems the lesson he's taught is "Your father's a loving idiot who's happy to throw money away if he thinks it'll be funny on Twitter or own the libs."

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, the difference between this and bean dad is bean dad forced his kid into a lovely scenario where in this instance, the kid is insisting on doing something lovely.
It's ok to stop kids from doing something stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Holy poo poo.

Also, it should always be noted that the Israeli state is super racist towards Jews not of a European descent.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ngl this is pretty funny, also beandad 1.0 was weirdly overblown

the shirt sucks though

Sunswipe posted:

It's also OK to let kids do something stupid if it's not going to hurt them or someone else.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sunswipe posted:

In this instance by reading out to the kid what he has in the basket and making a big jokey play of it so the kid laughs with you “EGGS ON HOT DOG URRR! WITH PEPPERS EWWW!”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sunswipe posted:

My nephew on Sunday insisted he wanted chicken wings, to the bewilderment of his mother, his aunt and me. Turned out when they arrived he actually wanted the chicken strips I had, and had repeatedly asked if that's what he meant before ordering. Turned out alright, as we discovered my two nieces will go through chicken wings like you wouldn't believe, and happily trade some of their chicken nuggets for some wings. The real difference is that we're not assholes and sorted things out so everyone was happy, instead of insisting my nephew sit and eat what he ordered or starve.

What I find funniest about that kid and his eggs is that presumably the dad still had to pay for something his son isn't going to eat. Seems the lesson he's taught is "Your father's a loving idiot who's happy to throw money away if he thinks it'll be funny on Twitter or own the libs."

You need to let a kid do a certain amount of dumb poo poo and be dissapointed at the results. I'd go back and get him something he would eat, but not until after he had to look at what he ordered.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Theres a difference between your kid insisting they order their own food and you say "fine, if you're gonna be that way, order it" versus a kid insisting they walk out into a busy street - like yeah I'll grab them kicking and screaming before they do anything like that.

I agree the dad is probably a really lovely person though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bean dad 1.0 allowed a hungry crying child to skip two meals before getting his lazy rear end off his PlayStation to demonstrate how the incredibly sharp object worked. Bean dad has hopefully lost visitation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Theres a difference between your kid insisting they order their own food and you say "fine, if you're gonna be that way, order it" versus a kid insisting they walk out into a busy street - like yeah I'll grab them kicking and screaming before they do anything like that.

I agree the dad is probably a really lovely person though.

Yeah, the shirt and hat doesn't paint a great picture.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

One time I demanded my dad cut tomatoes out of the soup. I hated tomatoes and I didn't want them in my drat soup! I learned a valuable lesson about how flavor is more complicated than that because the soup sucked.

My dad sacrificed what would have been good soup to stop me from melting down. It also resulted in me learning something. I guess that means he's as bad as Bean Dad and should be cancelled now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You don’t feel any different in your sense of self no matter if you are 2, 12 or 65, the only difference is what you learned over the years, so treat kids with actual kindness even if it means looking a bit silly or eating crow ffs.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It really comes down to what the dad did after letting son look at his poo poo breakfast. If he said "Now can we go back in and let me help you order something you'll want this time?" then great. It's just I'm about 95% certain the sort of person who thinks humiliating their child on the internet is funny probably said "Sucks to be you, either eat it or shut up" while rolling coal out of the parking lot in their MAGA flag-covered truck. Hope I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.