Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

watho posted:

i’m just reminded of how tim buckley made several comics about how much he hated ddr and how often ddr lol was a punchline in his comics like gently caress off dude the game’s fun
yeah I was a lovely teen who scoffed at the ~idiots on the arrow pads lol what rubes~ too at one point when they first started showing up in the US, ideally people grow out of that sort of judgemental phase and live and let live, but a depressing amount don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah I was a lovely teen who scoffed at the ~idiots on the arrow pads lol what rubes~ too at one point when they first started showing up in the US, ideally people grow out of that sort of judgemental phase and live and let live, but a depressing amount don't

Yeah, they've just shifted that judgment to games like Minecraft, FNAF, and Fortnite these days.

Like, there's plenty of reasons to hate the people/companies behind those games, but the games themselves aren't bad, and there's nothing wrong with people that do like them

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While there is some pickup before it, Halo was definitively the watershed moment because it was a game with easy-to-learn controls and fantastic gameplay on a machine that could get hooked to any TV and entertain four people for hours with zero IT or technical skill involved.

The PS2 helped as well by being a DVD player, but Halo was the game that did it.

Goldeneye was all of that plus a well-known IP four years earlier than Halo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats funny is apparently the new CADs are like decent and like weirdly good and woke and well meaning now. like he has a pretty good view of NB issues in one i think.

Taking a quick look at the past like... I dunno 15-20 pages, it's still not good. I'll give him this one bit of credit, every face no longer is B^U. He actually properly draws each face now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah this. It’s also the weird holdover sadbrain poo poo he has about high school still because the people that bullied him are evil jock chuds who ruined gaming by liking fps games and they all hate Nintendo or some poo poo. Like it’s loving weird. Like tons of people of all genders and political stripes like FPS games dumbass and not every fps game is cod.

I wonder how much of that is actual members of sports teams at his high school bullied him and how much of that is Bob internalizing John Hughes movies or probably more accurately Revenge of the Nerds. There's a nine out of ten chance that it was other people on Bob's social level bullied him because that's how it usually works.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

People really want to go back to a time when politics were lower-stakes disagreements, which in reality never existed and was more of a cultural faux pas to disclose your politics. Marginalized people getting larger platforms to reveal just how bad the politics have always been is another factor.

I mean, people just don’t want to think their entertainment purchases are indirectly hurting people, and goofy Sonic memes about consumerism don’t help with that. Although FNAF is such a thoroughly milked franchise I have no idea what people are getting from it these days.

Also Trump kinda pulled off a band aid by showing what the GOP and its base were at their core. He was the perfect product of a half century of the Southern strategy and what their base has wanted for decades.

Nobody's buying "uhhh I want Trump for a good economy" when the guy goes up and gives a speech where he talks about how he could've bagged Suzanne Somers and people are talking about it more and more and then immediately segues into how the brown hordes need to be kept out while the dumbest and most comfortable people to ever live cheer him on.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 15, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder how much of that is actual members of sports teams at his high school bullied him and how much of that is Bob internalizing John Hughes movies or probably more accurately Revenge of the Nerds. There's a nine out of ten chance that it was other people on Bob's social level bullied him because that's how it usually works.

who knows. its probably a bit of both. my guess is he was a weird rear end in a top hat mixed with akward nerdy arrested development dude and he got picked on some what and or got told to gently caress off and he took that to heart. bob is weird loving dude and if he wasnt a weird rear end in a top hat, id feel bad for him.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also Trump kinda pulled off a band aid by showing what the GOP and its base were at their core. He was the perfect product of a half century of the Southern strategy and want their base has wanted for decades.

Nobody's buying "uhhh I want Trump for a good economy" when the guy goes up and gives a speech where he talks about how he could've bagged Suzanne Somers and people are talking about it more and more and then immediately segues into how the brown hordes need to be kept out while the dumbest and most comfortable people to ever live cheer him on.

this. the masks ripped off. i can believe to a degree that he legit thinks he can be ok/cool with LGBTQ folks and give money to bigots and monsters because lol human brain but dudes at best lying to himself.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 15, 2021

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

muscles like this! posted:

You know, I like his stuff normally but I really don't know if I'm going to watch a loving 3 and a half hour video about Fred.
I'd never heard of Fred before but I watched all three and a half hours of the video and... it's... not great? Like there's never any point that Quinton is trying to make or build through the whole thing; there isn't a 'fall' per se -- Lucas seemed like a guy who made some internet content that people liked and responded to in a specific point in time and when he tried to bring it out to a bigger mainstream audience it didn't exactly stick but he was also a guy who said he really didn't want to be doing the same character and show in his twenties and he didn't so good for him, I guess?

There was a lot of recapping of various Fred shows and appearances and none of that really had any kind of payoff or good jokes or anything beyond 'hey remember this Nick show?' This video makes me extremely nervous for Quinton's eventual iCarly project that he's been working on for so long because if it follows this pattern I can't imagine what the point is going to be.

I've been thinking a lot about Drew Gooden's old bit on 'relatable comedy' ever since I watched whatever the gently caress that Bo Burnham Netflix special was and I suppose hitting this video when I'm in that frame of mind kind of brought out a similar thought about 'just recapping things isn't actually history'.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Dawgstar posted:

I think about this, too. My understanding is I grew up around the same time and in very similar circumstances to him, and I only had one bully who was an rear end in a top hat to pretty much everyone until he discovered weed. Never had a single problem with the jocks or other popular kids - in fact, there was huge crossover between them and my group of nerd/skater/goth kids and we all played Halo, MVC2, D&D, and Magic together on weekends. Anecdotes aren't evidence, of course, but that's my experience from a similar place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I can't imagine making a 3+ hour video on anything especially something I wasn't interested in before tackling the video.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Goldeneye was all of that plus a well-known IP four years earlier than Halo
Goldeneye's controls were really bad, and kinda prove the point about Halo. It was the first console fps that didn't require you to already have a strong understanding video game controls to immediately intuit.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah mayb it was just a matter of being born half a decade or so after Bob but despite being the same sort of fat ugly boy in high school I never encountered movie jock nerd social dynamics. Guys who were really into sports were also more often kinda dweeby themselves what with how many sports were in vogue in the 90s and how many of them were terminally uncool. Like the soccer guys were not going to beat up anyone, besides maybe shouting at the band dudes for messing up the grass.

Also just in general if bob were actually smart he why would he be clases with these supposed inferiors in high school? They filter you into people of similar GPA pretty fast, and by sophomore year you don't really have any huge variance in learning ability within a classroom outside of electives.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The best part of moviebob are his reviews where we get a peak behind the curtain and see what a weirdo he is. Like his old Scre4m review where he complains that thanks to Scream his "unique" talent of being good at movie trivia got him compared to a Scream character by The Jocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtOkgS7mMzo

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah mayb it was just a matter of being born half a decade or so after Bob but despite being the same sort of fat ugly boy in high school I never encountered movie jock nerd social dynamics. Guys who were really into sports were also more often kinda dweeby themselves what with how many sports were in vogue in the 90s and how many of them were terminally uncool. Like the soccer guys were not going to beat up anyone, besides maybe shouting at the band dudes for messing up the grass.

Also just in general if bob were actually smart he why would he be clases with these supposed inferiors in high school? They filter you into people of similar GPA pretty fast, and by sophomore year you don't really have any huge variance in learning ability within a classroom outside of electives.

Movie jock/nerd social dynamics don't really exist outside of movies, no matter what decade you were going to school. Everyone feels kinda lovely and excluded in high school for one reason or another, and the cruelty of adolescents towards one another has no hierarchy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah its weird how dumb high school movies seem about cliques as im assuming they went to high school too. I couldnt even tell you who the QB for my schools football team was. I couldnt tell you who the head cheerleader was or who was even in cheerleading. There were tables of people playing MtG that were mostly left alone. I graduated in 2005 so maybe its different now or was different before, but I sort of doubt it.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 15, 2021

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

NorgLyle posted:

I'd never heard of Fred before but I watched all three and a half hours of the video and... it's... not great? Like there's never any point that Quinton is trying to make or build through the whole thing; there isn't a 'fall' per se -- Lucas seemed like a guy who made some internet content that people liked and responded to in a specific point in time and when he tried to bring it out to a bigger mainstream audience it didn't exactly stick but he was also a guy who said he really didn't want to be doing the same character and show in his twenties and he didn't so good for him, I guess?

There was a lot of recapping of various Fred shows and appearances and none of that really had any kind of payoff or good jokes or anything beyond 'hey remember this Nick show?' This video makes me extremely nervous for Quinton's eventual iCarly project that he's been working on for so long because if it follows this pattern I can't imagine what the point is going to be.

I've been thinking a lot about Drew Gooden's old bit on 'relatable comedy' ever since I watched whatever the gently caress that Bo Burnham Netflix special was and I suppose hitting this video when I'm in that frame of mind kind of brought out a similar thought about 'just recapping things isn't actually history'.

yeah same quinton’s latest videos have felt like recaps of events neither him nor i are particularly interested in with tons of midroll ads, calls to action, and sponsored bits. also full of hyping up how the next video is going to be really good and subscribe if you wanna see me tackle some other not all that interesting topic!

the first hour and a half was good background noise while napping on the couch tho

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LanceHunter posted:

Movie jock/nerd social dynamics don't really exist outside of movies, no matter what decade you were going to school. Everyone feels kinda lovely and excluded in high school for one reason or another, and the cruelty of adolescents towards one another has no hierarchy.

yeah, like one of my best friends was big handsome sports dude who was class president in high school and we are still friends and he got into tons of different interests that both of us share. both nerdy and otherwise. bobs just a weird gently caress.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

also i’m super not stoked to watch an epic video on Dan Schneider’s Children’s Feet Spectacular

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder what Bob's reaction was to the 21 Jump Street remake. Not curious enough to google if he did a review of it, but it's a movie that toys with the expectations of bitter manchildren thinking the High School they went to is the one happening now.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats funny is apparently the new CADs are like decent and like weirdly good and woke and well meaning now. like he has a pretty good view of NB issues in one i think.

I checked up on CAD on a whim like a month ago. Being woke does not mean the comics are good, they are still just as horrible as they were before. The only thing that has changed is that they are talking about political issues.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah its weird how dumb high school movies seem about cliques as im assuming they went to high school too. I couldnt even tell you who the QB for my schools football team was. I couldnt tell you who the head cheerleader was or who was even in cheerleading. There were tables of people playing MtG that were mostly left alone. I graduated in 2005 so maybe its different now or was different before, but I sort of doubt it.

I think where matters as much as when. For my first two years of HS I lived in a cultural-void of white Mormon suburbia, where the biggest attraction was the shopping mall and everybody was at that level of wealth where you're not rich, but you're comfortable enough you feel superior to the rabble. As such the HS I went to retained a lot of those stereotypical trappings and playing anything besides Halo, CoD, or Madden ostracized you from the "popular" cliques. We had a gaming club shoved in the far back corner of the school and one guy who joined was on the football team. He was super cagey and slow to open up, an I eventually found out it was because he was mortified his social circle would find out he liked to slink away during lunch to play Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and get relentlessly mocked for it.

Even then though there was no physical or even really verbal bullying of "nerds" by "jocks", it was mostly just that they didn't interact much. And once I transfered to a better school Junior year things were much better adjusted: a quarter of the cafeteria was tables openly playing magic or pokemon, and students of all stripes were lining up to put quarters on the MvC2 machine.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Sydin posted:

I think where matters as much as when. For my first two years of HS I lived in a cultural-void of white Mormon suburbia, where the biggest attraction was the shopping mall and everybody was at that level of wealth where you're not rich, but you're comfortable enough you feel superior to the rabble. As such the HS I went to retained a lot of those stereotypical trappings and playing anything besides Halo, CoD, or Madden ostracized you from the "popular" cliques. We had a gaming club shoved in the far back corner of the school and one guy who joined was on the football team. He was super cagey and slow to open up, an I eventually found out it was because he was mortified his social circle would find out he liked to slink away during lunch to play Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and get relentlessly mocked for it.

Even then though there was no physical or even really verbal bullying of "nerds" by "jocks", it was mostly just that they didn't interact much. And once I transfered to a better school Junior year things were much better adjusted: a quarter of the cafeteria was tables openly playing magic or pokemon, and students of all stripes were lining up to put quarters on the MvC2 machine.

That might be true. I grew up in a very poor area and obviously the schools reflected that. We aldo had a very low graduation rate. I always joked that the reason we never had the "popular clique" was becsuse anyone who would have been a part of it probably skipped.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

watho posted:

yeah same quinton’s latest videos have felt like recaps of events neither him nor i are particularly interested in with tons of midroll ads, calls to action, and sponsored bits. also full of hyping up how the next video is going to be really good and subscribe if you wanna see me tackle some other not all that interesting topic!

the first hour and a half was good background noise while napping on the couch tho

I think he’s just dealing with being in his early 20’s and looking back at his childhood.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

watho posted:

also i’m super not stoked to watch an epic video on Dan Schneider’s Children’s Feet Spectacular

Once again I feel bad for Poparena who's going to have to mention that a lot when they get down the line with Nick Knacks. The more successful Schneider's shows got the more he rammed in his foot fetish or just spraying Arianda Grande with a hose while she's wearing a bikini top.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I think he’s just dealing with being in his early 20’s and looking back at his childhood.

yeah and that’s fine. it just doesn’t make for entertaining content. especially not when it’s monetized to an absurd degree. anyway here’s my 10 part retrospective where i’m reading the wikipedia page for the flash series Madness brought to you by Raytheon

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I knew a few cheerleaders, and they all had GPAs that were 4.0 or above it due to advanced class credit.

I feel like the past 50 years of how high school culture has been depicted is based on what boomers largely experienced, and hasn’t been relatable to audiences since the 80s or so. I bet modern writers still depict high school that way because they’re going more off the pop culture they consumed as opposed to their own experiences, which are either half-forgotten or disregarded as anomalous and thus unrelatable for the audience.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

watho posted:

What he seemed to be the most interested in was the way each successive show (and creator) changed the 'lore' and continuity for Fred and that could have been an interesting take on the video but it would have needed him to focus on those changes and highlight what was behind them instead of reading out everything that happened in Season 2, Episode 11 of the Nickelodeon show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

I knew a few cheerleaders, and they all had GPAs that were 4.0 or above it due to advanced class credit.

At my high school the cheerleaders actually had to have a higher GPA than the football players (by at least a point, maybe 1.5) all the while being in one of the most dangerous sports a teenager could undertake and for far less possible rewards for being good at it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Something I consistently observed both in my own high school and that of my younger siblings was a set of kids at the top of the class who simply had no lives outside of study and college prep. You had enough normal smart people to fill out the top classes, but the kids actually winning awards were never nerds they were people who made school and academic extra curriculars their life. Like Jeff has no friends, but that's not because people don't like him, it's just that he has no time to hang out.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

watho posted:

i threw it on because 3 hours is noise is perfect for my job and there was absolutely no reason for this for 3 hours. this either artificially inflated consciously or not by literally just recounting literally every single episode of the tv show beat for beat, episode for episode for at least and hour and a half with no insight on the events he describes outside of "i liked it" or sometimes an overly tortured point about the profundity of something that he fails to get across to the audience. by the end of it my eyes were rolling out of my skull because i had been subjected to a lot of wilted observations passing as insightful commentary after a brutal block of having to relive a children's television show in its entirety second hand. it was like being stuck on a window seat on a bus with an overly chatty stranger infected with a virus that causes them to recite wikipedia articles at people.

look i get it. i love to find art and wonder in the mediocre and awful (thats why i clicked!) and i think a lot of people do too. but the most insightful part of this was, as a 30 year old, theres a huge gap in my pop culture knowledge where the next generation has to step up and teach me about what i missed and why it was appealing. like literally the most informative part was the introduction to the early incarnation of the character where the humor is extremely dark and foul. as a kid i would have eaten that poo poo up. i had no idea what the character was out side of "annoying voice guy". i had no idea who the creator was or what he was like. that stuff was interesting because it filled a gap in my knowledge. i think thats really all this video needed to be. or at the very least loving cut the tv show part by a LOT.

i also found the repeated hyping up of his next project to be obnoxious lol, hey man stay on target! stay on target! you get like one of those per video! it doesnt matter how long the video is!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I checked up on CAD on a whim like a month ago. Being woke does not mean the comics are good, they are still just as horrible as they were before. The only thing that has changed is that they are talking about political issues.

the xbox robot is the non-binary character btw. diversity win!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Something I consistently observed both in my own high school and that of my younger siblings was a set of kids at the top of the class who simply had no lives outside of study and college prep. You had enough normal smart people to fill out the top classes, but the kids actually winning awards were never nerds they were people who made school and academic extra curriculars their life. Like Jeff has no friends, but that's not because people don't like him, it's just that he has no time to hang out.

At least in my experience that was more pushed by parents than the choice of those kids themselves. Always exceptions obviously, but most of the time those kids were straining under insane academic demands from the folks. A girl I was friends with got grounded once for a month because she got a B+ in Honors English which ruined her otherwise straight A streak.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

i threw it on because 3 hours is noise is perfect for my job and there was absolutely no reason for this for 3 hours. this either artificially inflated consciously or not by literally just recounting literally every single episode of the tv show beat for beat, episode for episode for at least and hour and a half with no insight on the events he describes outside of "i liked it" or sometimes an overly tortured point about the profundity of something that he fails to get across to the audience. by the end of it my eyes were rolling out of my skull because i had been subjected to a lot of wilted observations passing as insightful commentary after a brutal block of having to relive a children's television show in its entirety second hand. it was like being stuck on a window seat on a bus with an overly chatty stranger infected with a virus that causes them to recite wikipedia articles at people.

look i get it. i love to find art and wonder in the mediocre and awful (thats why i clicked!) and i think a lot of people do too. but the most insightful part of this was, as a 30 year old, theres a huge gap in my pop culture knowledge where the next generation has to step up and teach me about what i missed and why it was appealing. like literally the most informative part was the introduction to the early incarnation of the character where the humor is extremely dark and foul. as a kid i would have eaten that poo poo up. i had no idea what the character was out side of "annoying voice guy". i had no idea who the creator was or what he was like. that stuff was interesting because it filled a gap in my knowledge. i think thats really all this video needed to be. or at the very least loving cut the tv show part by a LOT.

i also found the repeated hyping up of his next project to be obnoxious lol, hey man stay on target! stay on target! you get like one of those per video! it doesnt matter how long the video is!

I'm sad to report that you watched a Quinton Reviews video, because this accurate describes every Quinton Reviews video.

how many times does he do the thing where he looks down and to the side, away from the camera, while speaking kinda slowly and faltering to make what he's saying seem more profound

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Alaois posted:

I'm sad to report that you watched a Quinton Reviews video, because this accurate describes every Quinton Reviews video.

how many times does he do the thing where he looks down and to the side, away from the camera, while speaking kinda slowly and faltering to make what he's saying seem more profound

oh my loving god lol. i know he can't help it because its probably how it talks but he deploys it wrong!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

oh my loving god lol. i know he can't help it because its probably how it talks but he deploys it wrong!!!

i know what he's trying to do and what effect he's trying to convey but honestly he does it so much it just comes across more like he's having trouble reading his own script

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

fun hater posted:

literally just recounting literally every single episode of the tv show beat for beat, episode for episode for at least and hour and a half with no insight on the events he describes outside of "i liked it" or sometimes an overly tortured point about the profundity of something that he fails to get across to the audience.

I remember a few months back he made a big deal out of the long threatened promised iCarly video being over 4 hours long and basically everyone in this thread was confused by how that's even possible. Seems a safe bet that this is gonna be why.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Goldeneye's controls were really bad, and kinda prove the point about Halo. It was the first console fps that didn't require you to already have a strong understanding video game controls to immediately intuit.

The N64 controller was really bad in general but you could also play casually practically one-handed. Oddjob was so aggravating because you had basically no reason to look down otherwise

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Pants Donkey posted:

I feel like the past 50 years of how high school culture has been depicted is based on what boomers largely experienced, and hasn’t been relatable to audiences since the 80s or so. I bet modern writers still depict high school that way because they’re going more off the pop culture they consumed as opposed to their own experiences, which are either half-forgotten or disregarded as anomalous and thus unrelatable for the audience.

This is literally the case with STRANGER THINGS. The brothers who created it were born in 84. They're 90s kids. Everything in that show is taken wholesale from Amblin movies, nostalgic for something that was never real.

All we're doing now is cannibalising culture, that's how you get that Mindy Kailing VELMA show, which was clearly originally pitched as something else until someone had the bright idea to attach it to an IP.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sydin posted:

At least in my experience that was more pushed by parents than the choice of those kids themselves. Always exceptions obviously, but most of the time those kids were straining under insane academic demands from the folks. A girl I was friends with got grounded once for a month because she got a B+ in Honors English which ruined her otherwise straight A streak.
Oh I'm sure, I just never got the chance to really talk to any of them.

I just find it a funny contrast to Bob who definitely grew up with these kids in his school, but was so sure of his own intellect that he completely failed to notice them. He has built his entire persona around being "smart" but clearly was never in actual advanced classes in high school.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 15, 2021

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Quinton finished the iCarly video.

https://youtu.be/dGhDiEt0rSQ

TakenForGranite
Jan 13, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Quinton finished the iCarly video.

https://youtu.be/dGhDiEt0rSQ

Oh my god it's over four hours long, Quinton you madman :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

I remember a few months back he made a big deal out of the long threatened promised iCarly video being over 4 hours long and basically everyone in this thread was confused by how that's even possible. Seems a safe bet that this is gonna be why.
One of the many baffling parts of the Fred video was that he was always thanking his editors. I can't imagine what those people actually did; you can't convince me that any part of the script was actually edited or questioned by anyone other than Quinton himself. Nobody asked him 'Wait why are you doing it this way?' at any point.