Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

StashAugustine posted:

Good news: we already are
Bad news: we're in the Bell Riots episode

lol the Bell Riots were too optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Why is Biden hurting that poor man?!?!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the sanctuary districts will be welcomed with open arms

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Ytlaya posted:

Everything makes sense if you realize that these people think Republicans are some dire threat putting us on the path to destruction and Literally Hitler. When people talk about Democrats being bad, they view it as a ridiculous distraction from the real problem of Republicans. This is why they constantly use analogies like "choosing to eat rat poison instead of a mediocre sandwich" - they believe there's a massive and profound difference between the parties.

While you might think such a perspective would make them get mad at Democrats for being friendly to Republicans or seeking bipartisan compromises, this isn't the case because these people are terrified that saying anything bad about Democrats will somehow cause the Republicans to take power. They take the media's word for it that it's impossible to replace the worst Democrats. They'll occasionally get mad at a Democrat like Sinema or Manchin when the media tells them it's okay, but they'll start defending them again once the media stops attacking them. They don't realize they're being manipulated, because they simple view the situation as "reading The Facts and coming to a conclusion that coincidentally happens to align with the media consensus."

Eh, I take the complete opposite reading tbh. I am pretty sure a big chunk of the lib/dem types who get mad about people bringing up Biden's rapes never actually believed in metoo or that sexual assault was bad. They never actually thought there was anything wrong with Trump's history of sexual assault, but they knew that pretending to care was a good way to attack him, and he was on the "other team" so it was open season to throw anything they could

Now that big bad Trump is gone, they don't need any of that so they stop pretending to care. That's why they get so mad and confused when people bring up Biden being a rapist. Their initial reaction is "wtf? don't you know trump is gone? biden is OUR guy! why are you acting like you care about rape? you don't have to now, we won!", and that lack of care comes through in the way they talk even if they can't admit it out loud

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

I wonder how FoS is gonna completely melt down, we're at the "everyone circles the wagons around the bad mod rather than listen to any kind of complaint" stage which means it's maybe a week until they're revealed to be an elephant poacher or something equally insane

I'm gonna say libertarian

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

This is the President of the United States. LOLOLLOLOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5Ide-w_hc

He fucks up and says Libya instead of Syria 3 times.

Bear in mind he did the same thing (confusing Assad with Saddam Hussein) to avoid the baleful eye of the Lion and this is ultimately why he won the presidency. Some real Mr. Magoo poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a lady drank his pube

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

lol that biden hates China so much, and also lol that liberals also hate China now because of that.

There seems to be two political camps in DC: The bureaucratic establishment and the financial sector, and China appears to be a wedge issue between them. The former views China as a rival to US sovereignty and the latter has financially tied themselves to China's growth.

Were it Clinton, she might push foreign powers to pressure the Chinese government or hinder them in some way, while random billionaire #7 would be extremely wary that even the most tepid of condemnations might incur the wrath of President Xi. Biden has a foot in both camps, and thus his "big words and no action" seems to ride that line pretty well. He'll assign a thousand committees to write up a thousand reports and then shake them all over town.

Yay democraps.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Guadi_Pelosista/status/1404393362086666244?s=20

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

I wonder how FoS is gonna completely melt down, we're at the "everyone circles the wagons around the bad mod rather than listen to any kind of complaint" stage which means it's maybe a week until they're revealed to be an elephant poacher or something equally insane

it's been "pedophile" too much recently so they are going to subvert our expectations and it will be another mod who draws fetish art of chopped up women becoming toilets he can use

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

she really looks like an idiot

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

CountryMatters posted:

Eh, I take the complete opposite reading tbh. I am pretty sure a big chunk of the lib/dem types who get mad about people bringing up Biden's rapes never actually believed in metoo or that sexual assault was bad. They never actually thought there was anything wrong with Trump's history of sexual assault, but they knew that pretending to care was a good way to attack him, and he was on the "other team" so it was open season to throw anything they could

Now that big bad Trump is gone, they don't need any of that so they stop pretending to care. That's why they get so mad and confused when people bring up Biden being a rapist. Their initial reaction is "wtf? don't you know trump is gone? biden is OUR guy! why are you acting like you care about rape? you don't have to now, we won!", and that lack of care comes through in the way they talk even if they can't admit it out loud

I think if you brought up Joe Schmo generic rape case, they'd be horrified, and may even stop being friends with someone if they learned they were a rapist, so I'm not sure that's true. I really do think Ytlaya's right and it's just a matter of, "But then who am I supposed to vote for? What, you're telling me everyone is unworthy of my vote? Then who do I vote for?" Because there's a real ego trip involved with voting with these people, that they vote to win and "change" things, as if their vote can do that, as opposed to a matter of speech that will probably be futile but at least illustrates your values. Change doesn't come from voting, but when you convince people that's the only channel for change, then anything short of voting for someone you know could win becomes unfathomable for them.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pelosi saying the trump justice department was worse than nixon's.......... goldfish brain country run by goldfish morons

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rectal Death Adept posted:

it's been "pedophile" too much recently so they are going to subvert our expectations and it will be another mod who draws fetish art of chopped up women becoming toilets he can use

speaking of, is he still around and/or a mod?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Lib and let die posted:

i keep getting texts from val demmings, telling me that we (we? who the gently caress is we? i'm not a democrat) are THIS CLOSE to flipping one of the Florida districts that CNN has pegged as MOST LIKELY TO FLIP BLUE and I keep responding asking various forms of "would you sacrifice your party's agenda to force a floor vote on an medicare for all or student loan debt relief" and getting nothing but silence back.

listen u lowly disgusting swine, we exist to serve the politicians and asking them to do things for support is blasphemy of the highest order. repent and prostrate urself before the altar of the Democrat party :worship::worship::worship: :kheldragar:

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Guycot posted:

speaking of, is he still around and/or a mod?

No

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

..the gently caress is a 273 day probe?

just give him a year or 100,000 hours, yeesh

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Biden was just testing them all along, and by hiring Hunter they failed the test. In awe at his foresight.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

..the gently caress is a 273 day probe?

just give him a year or 100,000 hours, yeesh

What

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Unrelated:

How are u posted:

Sometimes we do real good, sometimes we do real bad. It's kind of a mixed bag.

Sometimes it feels like the whole world is a mixed bag, and that things are not really black or white, right or wrong. Makes u think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Picking up the DnD mod slack

o7

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Unrelated:

o7

leper's colony posted:

I'm sorry, "probations" plural? User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There seems to be two political camps in DC: The bureaucratic establishment and the financial sector, and China appears to be a wedge issue between them. The former views China as a rival to US sovereignty and the latter has financially tied themselves to China's growth.

Were it Clinton, she might push foreign powers to pressure the Chinese government or hinder them in some way, while random billionaire #7 would be extremely wary that even the most tepid of condemnations might incur the wrath of President Xi. Biden has a foot in both camps, and thus his "big words and no action" seems to ride that line pretty well. He'll assign a thousand committees to write up a thousand reports and then shake them all over town.

Yay democraps.

"no action" in this case means keeping the Trump tariffs going and maintaining the hardline anti-China positions established under him.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3970752&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post515513884

might be a display glitch? the probe says 1 month but I see 273 days

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Unrelated:

o7

god's work right there

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Good news: we already are
Bad news: we're in the Bell Riots episode

Impossible. The bell riots paved the way for understanding and cooperation between one another, that would never happen here. The bell riots led to Congress doing something good, which is impossible

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if they're curious, i'd be happy to fill them in now. no need to wait a week.

https://twitter.com/lbarronlopez/status/1404821583902937100

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

This is the President of the United States. LOLOLLOLOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5Ide-w_hc

Libya was one of obamas greatest accomplishments, so it makes sense that thats the one that sticks in joes mind.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

spacetoaster posted:

to be fair, obama was shipping arms from libya to AQ in syria

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

I'll admit I haven't followed the Ukraine stuff very well over the last several years, what is it about them joining NATO that matters in any way or leads to all the jokeyness of it causing ww3?

ukraine is literally having a civil war right now where the rebelling side is receiving material support from the russians

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Some Guy TT posted:

ukraine is literally having a civil war right now where the rebelling side is receiving material support from the russians

That's still going on? I thought that had ended a while ago, they elected Nazis, and everyone lived happily ever after.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i bet pelosi agreed to step down in 2022 because she knows that will be the last time the dems ever hold the speakership.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Making sure that the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division couldn't finish the job.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/technology/status/1404854573903319047

hipster antitrust is in?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Hunter's job is in hot water smdh

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

you don't need to break up the tech giants, you need to nationalize them. there's no advantage having multiple googles, twitters, youtubes, etc., you want those things to be single entities. plus if you did break them up it would take a couple years at most for them to T-1000 back together.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Why every time I read this thread it's talking about D&D? Bring back succ zone

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Yes?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

is pepsi ok posted:

you don't need to break up the tech giants, you need to nationalize them. there's no advantage having multiple googles, twitters, youtubes, etc., you want those things to be single entities. plus if you did break them up it would take a couple years at most for them to T-1000 back together.

that’s more than enough time for human civilization as we know it to crumble. 100 years ago people poo poo in the loving ground and grew vegetables to not starve to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fritschner/status/1404490125019648005

lol how are we only just now getting around to this