Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tom Guycot posted:

That's still going on? I thought that had ended a while ago, they elected Nazis, and everyone lived happily ever after.

It ended in the sense that it became a stalemate after the Malaysian airliner was shot down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
y’all need to go to the demod Roth thread in QCS and :justpost: The OP gets an extra week on their probe per post it looks like. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that guy really thought he was gonna start something huh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
D&D, C-SPAM, and QCS briefly unite to call a guy a shithead and laugh at him, the true goon spirit

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DoomTrainPhD posted:

y’all need to go to the demod Roth thread in QCS and :justpost: The OP gets an extra week on their probe per post it looks like. :allears:

I love QCS drama as much as anybody else. But like... I dunno I can never keep mod names in my brain and the poster Excel spreadsheet hasn't been updated since Lowtax ran the site. What is the pro-skub / anti-skub on this?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

I love QCS drama as much as anybody else. But like... I dunno I can never keep mod names in my brain and the poster Excel spreadsheet hasn't been updated since Lowtax ran the site. What is the pro-skub / anti-skub on this?

Roth is one of the very few good mods and is liked by many goons. The OP in the QCS thread directly attacked her for being awkward about her sexual assault experience.

Edit:
The OP also misgendered Roth.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Jun 16, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KirbyKhan posted:

Roth seems like a perfectly normal person (despite being an SA mod) that the OP tried to call out for not wanting to share her experience as a sexual assault victim and I think misgendered her to be a dick? Either way OP seems deeply invested in punishing some rando mod

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thank

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
That probe is over 9 months now lmao

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

paranoid randroid posted:

saved like a container of mccormick pepper thats been sitting in the back of meemaws cabinet since 1978

this is so specific that it might be what happened, our nation being led by a pepper shaker as it grasps at sentience

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUtKKZn9Lg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nichael posted:

morn fucks

this can't be overstated

he fucks like, all the time, and turned down dax

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DoomTrainPhD posted:

That probe is over 9 months now lmao

it was since the start, I commented on it earlier

273 days from the moment it was up

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Excelzior posted:

it was since the start, I commented on it earlier

273 days from the moment it was up

needs to be much longer. :sad:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DoomTrainPhD posted:

needs to be much longer. :sad:

I dont know why it wasnt the standard 100,000 hours "gently caress off forever" probe

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Excelzior posted:

I dont know why it wasnt the standard 100,000 hours "gently caress off forever" probe

comedy?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Aside from this, the 2001 AUMF, and how we're still technically at war with North Korea, are there any others still technically active?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

The mods have finally seen the light of the glory of the immortal science and granted the posters the means of probation?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I really hope Jeffrey counts the additional posts and adds a week per post.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im a little lost the qcs op thought roth was a man but is also picking a fight with her over her being sexually assaulted

like i get that men can also be sexually assaulted thats just an odd thing to assume in the absence of other information

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

im a little lost the qcs op thought roth was a man but is also picking a fight with her over her being sexually assaulted

like i get that men can also be sexually assaulted thats just an odd thing to assume in the absence of other information

The OP is bad and dumb and should be permabanned but probing them for 9 months is quite funny. Jeffrey needs to add a week per post though.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

you don't need to break up the tech giants, you need to nationalize them. there's no advantage having multiple googles, twitters, youtubes, etc., you want those things to be single entities. plus if you did break them up it would take a couple years at most for them to T-1000 back together.

nah, I don't want pols deciding what is or isn't acceptable speech every few years.

let a million twitters bloom imo.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lmao at those suits

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

no racism here, no sir

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
china should just nuke the west while announcing its for centuries of whites being racist assholes to them

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

It's an open secret that female legislative aides in Delaware, in both parties, are told to expect being groped and to deal with it.

I think the rest of the country should get to experience the delaware way, where the Democrat party is the supermajority loving every that isn't a billionaire, aristocracy, or corporation while the Republican party is just controlled opposition.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This is what happens when you try to defund the mods in MY America!! Back the blue! Love da mets!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Speaking of China

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...J1R7U2hyhTv6L0E

quote:

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) on Tuesday urged NBC to demand that China be removed as host of the 2022 Winter Olympics over the country’s reported treatment of Uyghur Muslims

Republicans finding out when they try to force an ultimatum between us and China, capital will tell them to gently caress off

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The Nastier Nate posted:

Speaking of China

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...J1R7U2hyhTv6L0E

Republicans finding out when they try to force an ultimatum between us and China, capital will tell us to gently caress off

I mean I guess this is totally different from cancel culture MLB taking all star game out of Atlanta for reinstating Jim crow laws, right?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh yeah, make sure to include the most unflattering picture possible just to prove that she's an untrustworthy foreigner.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"she denies the claims, but we think the Chinese are just natural liars"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
NYT hat on: they are a famously shifty people,

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

china's "bat woman"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/freedlander/status/1404551593664581635

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I hope it backfires and her moon-suit makeover appeals to the credential-obsessed assholes that the liberals are.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Shes obviously a marshmallow woman not a bat woman

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I thought the covid lab was only bio level 2, you don't need moon suits until level 4. What's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

I thought the covid lab was only bio level 2, you don't need moon suits until level 4. What's going on here?

the Wuhan Institute of Virology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences was a BSL-3 site when it was established in 1956, but a BSL-4 facility was completed in 2015