Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Honestly Gunn hired a 67 year old Kurt Russell to play a 29 year old Kurt Russell and I think he could almost always fix someone being one or two inches too tall or short on the budgets he operates on. Hell Stark was wearing platforms through like 10 movie appearances. Still it's just the weirdest fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

theironjef posted:

Honestly Gunn hired a 67 year old Kurt Russell to play a 29 year old Kurt Russell and I think he could almost always fix someone being one or two inches too tall or short on the budgets he operates on. Hell Stark was wearing platforms through like 10 movie appearances. Still it's just the weirdest fight.

I'm actually baffled that they spent the cash on the CG for young Kurt when Wyatt's right there.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Rocket Raccoon is only three feet tall and Gunn discovered him.

Yeah but he's played by 2 tall actors, I don't even want to try and unpack that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah but he's played by 2 tall actors, I don't even want to try and unpack that.

Gunn getting his brother to do the mocap is simple height based nepotism

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/lovethundernews/status/1404721710029541380?s=20

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Ive noticed the newer marvel stuff is much more comic accurate, and im here for it

Cant wait to see the moon knight costume

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Looks like they’re just going to let her have dark hair as the Mighty Thor.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Looks like they’re just going to let her have dark hair as the Mighty Thor.

Odinson's hair is already wrong anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just hope Odinson describes her as "Kisses good; not my mother"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, she had blonde hair as Thor for the same reason Red Hulk was clean shaven originally, and the reason Rulk has grey hair and a mustache and the Jane Valkyrie has dark hair now. They needed something appearance wise that you could point to and say "but how can it be Obvious Character?! Obvious Character has Distinguishing Feature that Mysterious New Thor/Hulk doesn't!" and now they no longer need that. In the movie they're not gonna dance around it being Jane for more than, like, the first act, and it'll be in all the trailers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't think you can really hide Natalie Portman.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I don't think you can really hide Natalie Portman.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

In seeing double here. Four Padames!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The English accent helped there, made it easier for Knightley.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Koreaboo/status/1404610105195175938

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

No idea who that is but I feel like the article is confused because it says ‘Spectrum is expected to appear in the film’ which is Monica.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I hope they make Captain Marvel a more interesting protagonist this time, her only characteristic in the last movie was being super good at beating people up. But that's a bit one note.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I hope they make Captain Marvel a more interesting protagonist this time, her only characteristic in the last movie was being super good at beating people up. But that's a bit one note.
Yeah the movie had a couple of good moments but they barely used the 90s setting at all other than the one section where she first comes back to Earth.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah the movie had a couple of good moments but they barely used the 90s setting at all other than the one section where she first comes back to Earth.
True. 90s Rigellian culture was wild and they limited it to the dumb Earth setting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked seeing young Fury even if I really dislike that we found out how he lost use of his eye (I don't even care that it was by cat flerken, I just prefer some things remain unknown), and the dial-up gag in the middle of the movie loving killed so honestly the 90's setting worked for me.

e: I do agree that Carol needs a more distinct personality.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Carol is justifiably self-assured and full of herself, which gives her an air of "I'm better than you" when she's dealing with others. I would like to see her become more grounded by being around folks like Monica, Kamala, Fury, etc that gives her more opportunities to work alongside others instead of just kinda being a one-man show that expects everyone to... marvel at their greatness.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is, I would want to see her have more connections with others so we get to see more of her when she's not "on," if that makes sense.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 16, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'd be cool with her being a bit more of a smug price, she is a pilot after all. Just tone down the snark so she doesn't literally sound like every other Marvel main character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think she was at her best when dueling with Fury so hopefully the fact that the movie's called The Marvels and is gonna include Monica and Kamala and they've already established some drama with Monica and will establish some stuff for Kamala this is gonna be a deeper team thing that gives Carol more depth of character.

But I also expect her to stay kind of smug because like half of Marvel's heroes are and I like that the one woman who also is annoys certain types.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 17, 2021

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
I think giving captain marvel an interesting supporting cast is a good way to make up for her boring personality, which is what it looks like this next movie is gonna be doing

Shes a leonardo, or a cyclops if you will

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

ilikedirt posted:

I think giving captain marvel an interesting supporting cast is a good way to make up for her boring personality, which is what it looks like this next movie is gonna be doing

Or Superman

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ilikedirt posted:

The best one?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I haven't read a ton of comics with Carol in them, and my main impression of her is from the movie and her appearances in X-Men, but my read on her personality is basically "Lifetime military with a tendency to prefer blunt force solutions"

a space marine, if you will

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I haven't read a ton of comics with Carol in them, and my main impression of her is from the movie and her appearances in X-Men, but my read on her personality is basically "Lifetime military with a tendency to prefer blunt force solutions"

Early on she was much more '70s Dudes Try To Understand Feminism The Character', but yeah, the last decade plus has leaned into the 3 key things about her: lovely Dad, Recovering Alcoholic, Fighter Jock.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

She should get some armor and fight demons in the next movie.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

She has cosmic stamina and cosmic endurance, how can she even get drunk

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SlimGoodbody posted:

She has cosmic stamina and cosmic endurance, how can she even get drunk
Asgardian Mead from the food halls of Valhalla :grin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My favorite irrelevant comic world building is when the asgardians raid a European beer factory and start an international incident when the captain Britain corps respond and spill the beer offered to them

EDIT:

spoilering to play it safe but Snyder has dropped his thoughts on the current Batman predicament

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 18, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm not following him and yet went to see.

And well, nice :kiddo:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm not following him and yet went to see.

And well, nice :kiddo:

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1405705683438276610?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Im convinced, Snyder is good

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Watched Logan again for the first time in a long time, and it just clowns on everything else so badly. Such a good loving movie.

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007
I dunno, now I'm worried this debacle will become yet another conversation all about Snyderr and won't be funny anymore.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

spoilering to play it safe but Snyder has dropped his thoughts on the current Batman predicament
I really hope that particular piece wasn't something he just pulled off the internet, because the thought of Zach loving Snyder responding to the Batman Discourse by comissioning fan art is just :discourse:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad the Axel Braun movies now are canon and have official wb support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

All three of those sets of armour look really good. I can't wait to see them in action!