Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't mind canned mushrooms at all, but I wouldn't want to eat a handful of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If someone went to the length of separating out just the mushroom gills and loading them on a pizza by the thousands I'd probably take a bite to reward that considerable effort and as well as curosity.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Quite innovative using thousands of mushrooms to guard the pizza against the box instead of those little plastic picnic tables, but seems kinda wasteful imo

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I don't mind canned mushrooms, but indeed that pizza is abuse.

Content, another one, I think this one is vegan. Guess the vegetables!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Desperado Bones posted:

Guess the vegetables!

No. :colbert:

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Desperado Bones posted:

I don't mind canned mushrooms, but indeed that pizza is abuse.

Content, another one, I think this one is vegan. Guess the vegetables!

That definitely involves chickpeas and I'm very upset by this pizza.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve just learned about “canned mushrooms”

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
know a guy who went to dozens of pizzerias to find a place that uses canned mushroom instead of fresh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What the gently caress

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Places that still use canned mushrooms always have a table where the local drunks sit all day. Beer is slightly more expensive at the fancy places where the mushrooms are fresh and you can get things like arugula and goat cheeese pizza.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ve just learned about “canned mushrooms”

i'm so sorry.

von Braun posted:

know a guy who went to dozens of pizzerias to find a place that uses canned mushroom instead of fresh.

anathema!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
like i can understand a person who just full stop doesn't like mushrooms. i don't agree with you but i respect your position. but preferring canned mushrooms to fresh is utterly alien. those things are foul. do you eat things you find in a trash can? fuckin weirdo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bagged low-acid mushroom cum when?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

von Braun posted:

Little Caesar's is the only major chain who uses those that I'm aware of, that was a big surprise when I ordered mushrooms on one a couple years back.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Little Caesar's is the only major chain who uses those that I'm aware of, that was a big surprise when I ordered mushrooms on one a couple years back.

I havent ordered pizza for a year, but I remember and I'm sure all the big pizza chains over here use canned mushrooms. It's cheaper.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i think the major brands all switched over to fresh mushrooms at some point in the late 2000s. i haven't had canned mushrooms from any of the "big brands" since before then. of course, never put anything past random franchisees

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Canned mushrooms, I don’t like the idea. Pickled mushrooms, however, I could go for that. A nice tangy mushroom pickled with vinegar and spices would be awesome on pizza :shroom:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Canned mushrooms, I don’t like the idea. Pickled mushrooms, however, I could go for that. A nice tangy mushroom pickled with vinegar and spices would be awesome on pizza :shroom:

:blastu:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I worked at Domino's for a bit like 15 years ago and their fresh mushrooms were soggy and gross and would have been better if they used canned. Maybe the supply chain has improved but I doubt it. Cooking them just makes them seem less soggy and gross.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/tastemade/status/1404302580721852420
:allears:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have tried some pizzas with pickles but no, I would not try a pickle pizza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"dill weed flakes"

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'd honestly go the opposite direction: pizza is the only acceptable use for canned mushrooms. That's not to say that fresh mushrooms wouldn't still be vastly preferable but honestly how "canned mushroom"-like are they still gonna be after enough time in the oven?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

reignonyourparade posted:

I'd honestly go the opposite direction: pizza is the only acceptable use for canned mushrooms. That's not to say that fresh mushrooms wouldn't still be vastly preferable but honestly how "canned mushroom"-like are they still gonna be after enough time in the oven?

Very canned mushroom. It’s always obvious they are canned. So rubbery

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unfortunately, there is no way to uncan a mushroom

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Desert Bus posted:

I worked at Domino's for a bit like 15 years ago and their fresh mushrooms were soggy and gross and would have been better if they used canned. Maybe the supply chain has improved but I doubt it. Cooking them just makes them seem less soggy and gross.

Doesn’t matter. They’re disgusting woody / corky tasting things with a weird rear end texture no matter what you do with them. gently caress mushrooms and anyone who likes them, I say.

e: gently caress olives too.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 16, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

chglcu posted:

Doesn’t matter. They’re disgusting woody / corky tasting things with a weird rear end texture no matter what you do with them. gently caress mushrooms and anyone who likes them, I say.

YOU'RE a disgusting woody / corky tasting thing with a weird rear end texture no matter what we do with you!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Canned mushrooms are granted respectability and sanctuary under the auspices and flavourful might of canned pineapple.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Captain Hygiene posted:

YOU'RE a disgusting woody / corky tasting thing with a weird rear end texture no matter what we do with you!

My rear end texture is loving amazing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

chglcu posted:

My rear end texture is loving amazing.

Too gritty imo

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

chglcu posted:

My rear end loving texture is amazing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Even Brazilian chickens go hog wild for catupiry and green olives. Dude just went straight in like a paint scraper. Mestre would be proud.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

chglcu posted:

e: gently caress olives too.

you can do better than white buttons on pizza for sure, never had chanterelle pizza but i sure would try it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Mestre has done it again!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Mestre of Desastre

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"I'll have the BBQ chicken pizza, please."

"OK sounds great, what pose do you want the chicken in?"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Whatever you decide please don’t order chicken on one half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you don't eat the pizza, you butcher and eat the chicken. it's a novel concept we're developing.