Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GotLag posted:

I only just realised if you click through there's a video tour of this magical place:
https://twitter.com/harryaaron/status/1403562959092207616

A piss gallery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I live nearby and I kind of want to go check out the women's room...

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

For science!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Watch it be totally normal.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

https://twitter.com/TheWWImuseum/status/1403575847982977026

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'll take Colin Hanks at his word

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I need to find a Kansas City goon to go to Liberty Memorial with, I guess. It's $18 so I'd want to do a full museum trip to make it worth my while. It's an amazing museum, too.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it looks like it might be Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it looks like it might be Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS?

Someone in the twitter thread says it is.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AlternateAccount posted:

Someone in the twitter thread says it is.

https://twitter.com/harryaaron/status/1403699308965384201

apparently this dude is just a loving moron

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Ok, still pretty local, but I have even less reason to go there.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it appears to be the local spot where you watch wrasslin and roller derby

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lots of towns have Great War memorial arenas. The Los Angeles Coliseum is from that era. The “San Francisco War Memorial” is an opera house.

Wikipedia has a bunch more on the disambiguation pages for memorial auditorium and war memorial stadium.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Maigius posted:

Another entry in the classic genre of hosed up bathrooms: https://twitter.com/harryaaron/stat...ingawful.com%2F

The double toilet stall at least makes some sense (it looks like it was damaged and there's supposed to be a separator between them), but there is no possible excuse I can come up with for the stairs or Piss Window. What the gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/KeROFKF.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

http://www.annarbor.com/passions-pursuits/cold-off-the-presses-the-5-hottest-must-have-appliances/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just remember to clean the calcinator before all the ash coagulates into a calcinite.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 14, 2021

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Yeah those dogs were definitely not built right.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

A friend of mine did that too. V notched the drywall and ran the cable in it and mudded over it. Absolutely insane to me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It... what? Why?
It's not even that hard to throw a recessed box with an outlet behind the TV and drop Romex to the outlet box below.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

...is it run under the wallpaper?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I think it's painted over drywall tape.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
TVs are literally the one thing that code allows you to plug into an outlet inside the wall.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Platystemon posted:

TVs are literally the one thing that code allows you to plug into an outlet inside the wall.

Eh, not quite. Not in most codes.

It's an exception to running an inlet/outlet inside of a wall with boxes not attached to studs. And even that is kinda new. It started with UL listed assemblies to do that and now I think you can kinda DIY that but I'm not really 100% sure on how widely accepted that is. In the end it's more like "that's the only commonly approved usage for putting an extension cord inside of your walls".

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In what will probably be a homegroan future contribution to the thread, I’ve got one of those assemblies. Something called a Legrand OnQ In-Wall TV Power Kit. It had a very nice hastily photocopied strip of paper begging you not to use it if you have a fire block in your wall.

Wall-to-inlet is basically just a standard extension cable, and inlet-to-“outlet” is surprisingly robust - the cord in the wall is integrated into in the outlet, and clamps into the inlet housing.

Took me a while to stumble my way through it, but the result is decent-looking, all things considered. It’s in my bedroom, so if it bursts into flames it’ll probably kill me and I won’t be able to update the thread, so YMMV.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Blue Moonlight posted:

In what will probably be a homegroan future contribution to the thread, I’ve got one of those assemblies. Something called a Legrand OnQ In-Wall TV Power Kit. It had a very nice hastily photocopied strip of paper begging you not to use it if you have a fire block in your wall.

Wall-to-inlet is basically just a standard extension cable, and inlet-to-“outlet” is surprisingly robust - the cord in the wall is integrated into in the outlet, and clamps into the inlet housing.

Took me a while to stumble my way through it, but the result is decent-looking, all things considered. It’s in my bedroom, so if it bursts into flames it’ll probably kill me and I won’t be able to update the thread, so YMMV.

Heh, I see what you did there.

I'm using something like that in our bedroom. Mine just passes the cord through a compression grommet at the bottom, rather than the "shore power" socket/detachable cord. The extension cord part isn't really necessary in my case, since the box ended up in the same stud bay as the outlet at the normal level on that wall, but it was way easier to install because of it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The one I have claims to be NEC-compliant has you use a piece of actual NM from one box to the other instead of putting some variety of extension cord in your wall.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Phanatic posted:

The one I have claims to be NEC-compliant has you use a piece of actual NM from one box to the other instead of putting some variety of extension cord in your wall.

Yeah, sorry....I didn't mean actual extension cord. Some of the first approved ones were NM pre-terminated to the outlet side with a connector for the inlet side. More recently I'm seeing them with what are essentially backstabs (barf) or screw terminals.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I used one of these which has a nice, study piece of click together romex type wire

https://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerBridge-White-2-Gang-Audio-Video-Wall-Plate-TWO-CK/204820258#overlay

I had to run it though and exterior wall so I was working with some tight insulation and needed a slim connection to work with instead of the plug style on the Legrand. Worked well, had to move it once and disassembling it and reconnecting it was easy too.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 15, 2021

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
When I did home audio installs we never had a problem just moving a receptacle to behind the TV and using brush plates and low voltage mounting brackets to route the low voltage AV cables. This seems like a solution for people who aren't competent to wire a receptacle and don't want to hire an electrician, which is nice, but it does no less damage to the wall.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
The general reasoning for these things that are basically an extension cord routed through your wall is that you can still plug your TV into your giant chunky media center surge protector on the other end.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

beautiful agony

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Plastik posted:

When I did home audio installs we never had a problem just moving a receptacle to behind the TV and using brush plates and low voltage mounting brackets to route the low voltage AV cables. This seems like a solution for people who aren't competent to wire a receptacle and don't want to hire an electrician, which is nice, but it does no less damage to the wall.

Yes, you've discovered literally the entire point of the product. It's an all in one solution for someone who doesn't have the tools, materials or knowledge to wire up a receptacle themselves.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Yes, you've discovered literally the entire point of the product. It's an all in one solution for someone who doesn't have the tools, materials or knowledge to wire up a receptacle themselves.

Let's circle back to the beginning: it literally was not legal to do this. Then these assemblies came out and were UL listed. Only after that did some codes allow wiring your own.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

loving Christ.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Is it the light switches? Or the looking in the mirror as you take a crap?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Is it the light switches? Or the looking in the mirror as you take a crap?

`Nemesis posted:

beautiful agony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My girlfriend and I are looking at apartments, and came across this beautiful bathroom.

The rest of the apartment is completely generic 90s/00s style, but the bathroom is obviously original. That bathtub is just :discourse: