Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I just found out that watchdogs legion is getting a dlc before cyberpunk and no one even played watchdog legions! I'm starting to believe I'll have to think of cyberpunk as less than a ubisoft game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

I just found out that watchdogs legion is getting a dlc before cyberpunk and no one even played watchdog legions! I'm starting to believe I'll have to think of cyberpunk as less than a ubisoft game.

Ubisoft has like 5,000 employees

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Tenzarin posted:

Even the blue marker/filler NCPD missions feel more thought out than Ubisoft checklist filler, come on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There's a lot to say about ubisoft but i don't think "they produce content too slowly" is generally one of their bad qualities

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

I played it!

It was real bad.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
And not all 5000 employees are working on WD: Legion nor are all 1300+ CDPR working on Cyberpunk right now. Things change and project head counts shift constantly along with third parties sometimes helping. It’s difficult to compare software projects well even based upon FTEs. I’ve seen 2-man groups out-perform 20 person teams but it took a lot of institutional support to help those two and a lot of bad decisions, bad infrastructure, and bad politics holding back the 20. Smarts and hard work has diminishing returns the greater the number of people in an organization.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I wanna play DLC for this game so badly. Especially if it's post Johnny stuff. Wanna spend some time getting to know the character I spent half an hour creating, not some other person's character sheet from 1992 or whatever.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dlc would be good. I really enjoyed a lot of stuff in this game and that stuff I want more of.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
First Scene opens: V's funeral.

Big gently caress you slowly rises from bottom of screen.

After it fills the screen, "Small DLC finished."

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I played it!

It was real bad.

:hmmyes:

It amazes me how something like this is the third game in its series with years of lessons learned and opportunities to improve and it still ends up so mediocre. I have to at least give them credit for taking a risk on the procedurally generated characters thing, but the overall story is just so drat lame and predictable.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wanna play a DLC where you have a new PC but V is the Relic trapped in your head and Witcher 3 style it uses your dialogue options from the base game to shape how your V talks poo poo to you.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

If/when they do expansions and/or a sequel I'd definitely want to continue playing V rather than any other character. There's still plenty of story continuation hooks.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i want to play as v and not keanu reeves

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I honestly like Keanu reeves being my rear end in a top hat best friend. He starts out a total rear end in a top hat who you hate completely but toward the end, that hate morphs into familiarity.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Keanu is dope as poo poo in this game. I hope the DLC is playing as Johnny, V was always his sidekick.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Sachant posted:

It amazes me how something like this is the third game in its series with years of lessons learned and opportunities to improve and it still ends up so mediocre. I have to at least give them credit for taking a risk on the procedurally generated characters thing, but the overall story is just so drat lame and predictable.

On paper it was a really interesting twist on the formula, but from what I've seen the real problem is that the mechanics and mission design just did not support the recruit-and-play-as-anyone concept.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
How can there be a sequel with V when she is an immortal, AI god now? :colbert:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Ripper Swarm posted:

On paper it was a really interesting twist on the formula, but from what I've seen the real problem is that the mechanics and mission design just did not support the recruit-and-play-as-anyone concept.

It is almost as if Conway's Law was real and applicable to entertainment software as well.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
It still hurts that I bought a brand new PC for this game.

Well at least I can play Ruiner!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

VoLaTiLe posted:

Control is free on EGS for another day if you want to use that sweet ray-tracing! :swoon:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Control is free on EGS for another day if you want to use that sweet ray-tracing! :swoon:

I actually got Control in the lead up to Cyberpunks release. It was an awesome game made me really want a sequel to Alan Wake

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Witcher 4s main character should be a cave troll witcher voiced by Norm MacDonald. Look into your heart you know it to be true

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
They should just slap some Turok-style fog into the last-gen versions. Make it so you can't see more than 30 feet in front of your face. Performance problems solved!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Witcher 4s main character should be a cave troll witcher voiced by Norm MacDonald. Look into your heart you know it to be true

I'd play it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

VoLaTiLe posted:

I mean by sheer coincidence that was around the last time anybody could buy a real video card at all, so I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Like a RTX of any kind is being scalped for 4 figures still lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I feel bad for everyone who was going to buy a new PC for this game but then didn’t because that was probably the last time a GFX card will go for under a grand.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got myself a 2060 SUPER specifically for this game back when GPUs had normal prices and it's the one good thing that came out of this fiasco.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Sachant posted:

The real drama is that the Men Drinking Coffee are no longer doing content so they won't LP it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If you want to play this game and haven't, go try Sate of Decay 2 first so when you play Cyberpunk it seems like a flawless technical marvel

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

VoLaTiLe posted:

If you want cyberpunky stuff that leverages your system's pretties, Ghostrunner and Observer System Redux have RTX gorgeousness in them. They're also fantastic games, and I'd say Observer in particular pulls off a cyberpunk story narrative way better than 2077 did.

Also Cloudpunk - it's chunky 3d-pixel graphics that won't exactly tax your system, but looks gorgeous at 1440p/4k with the detail cranked up.

Oh also, you can look forward to Atomic Heart. Mundfish doesn't seem to be making any overhyped false promises like cd projekt did - just quietly showing updates as the game's new additions keep getting (in a good way) weirder and weirder.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 16, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

VoLaTiLe posted:

seriously ? presumably you have no plans to play any game in the coming 5 years then ?

I have a 4 year old mobo/CPU/ram and a 3080 and I am sitting real pretty for everything on this generation of console release. dunno why you would couch your feeling on one game like this.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Observer is uninspired cookie cutter "horror" game garbage. That's all that developer knows how to do.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
So we're in the ??? portion of the proposed timeline now with no announcements of any kind relating to DLC or more base game fixes?

Really wish I'd refunded this game when presented with the opportunity to do so, oh well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Sachant posted:

If/when they do expansions and/or a sequel I'd definitely want to continue playing V rather than any other character. There's still plenty of story continuation hooks.

I want a DLC that branches off at The Heist, allows you to save Jackie and then let's you build your own empire Vice City style.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zephro posted:

They should just slap some Turok-style fog into the last-gen versions. Make it so you can't see more than 30 feet in front of your face. Performance problems solved!

Call it cyber smog, done, easy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Henron posted:

So we're in the ??? portion of the proposed timeline now with no announcements of any kind relating to DLC or more base game fixes?

Really wish I'd refunded this game when presented with the opportunity to do so, oh well!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Henron posted:

That's the old road map, you gotta get the new* roadmap

*now with even smaller DCLs.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Hammerstein posted:

I want a DLC that branches off at The Heist, allows you to save Jackie and then let's you build your own empire Vice City style.

That's kinda what I thought this game was gonna be, too be honest. Sans the saving Jackie part.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whats the point of video games if not to be an unquenchable power trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I like how they removed "improvements" from the roadmap