Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still it could have been worded better. "Movie scientists" maybe

Surely someone making a meme of that sort with that joke in mind would want to be mindful of racist connotations and taken special care to sidestep them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

Still it could have been worded better. "Movie scientists" maybe

Surely someone making a meme of that sort with that joke in mind would want to be mindful of racist connotations and taken special care to sidestep them

Ruining a joke by explaining it to idiots that couldn't get it isn't "better".

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Did some new show drop that makes heavy use of the filter? Is some content creator going back and digging into how much it was used and how it tints people's view of other countries? Just, in general, if the punchline is "lol hollywood," it's going to fly over my head cause the industry doesn't occupy much brainspace for me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hazardousmouse posted:

Did some new show drop that makes heavy use of the filter? Is some content creator going back and digging into how much it was used and how it tints people's view of other countries? Just, in general, if the punchline is "lol hollywood," it's going to fly over my head cause the industry doesn't occupy much brainspace for me.

We'll make sure to cater our jokes to your tastes and interests.

Content:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

sassassin posted:

Ruining a joke by explaining it to idiots that couldn't get it isn't "better".

The joke wasn't even funny before somebody said "It's clearly about Hollywood filters, and not at all poorly planned out."

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

We'll make sure to cater our jokes to your tastes and interests.

Content:

Thank you! Also very topical content, as the police have, in fact, killed one of my brother's dogs.
Cleaning the blood out of the carpet was, uh, not a good time.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jesus loving Christ

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

hazardousmouse posted:

Hey my texts always have hosed up random capitalization because autocorrect and accidental periods and
oh no

:guillotine:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hazardousmouse posted:

Thank you! Also very topical content, as the police have, in fact, killed one of my brother's dogs.
Cleaning the blood out of the carpet was, uh, not a good time.

drat you're the police to this thread's dog

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Sometimes it's more kind to send a dog on its way than let it live in constant agony

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol I need to take a break from this thread and let it move on a little

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This thread is going to a nice farm upstate.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

Good idea.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

hazardousmouse posted:

No no you should definitely keep doubling down on being a dumb rear end. You were just about to turn the corner and start being funny.

Thread tax

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

T.... time to leave?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Data Graham posted:

And yeah I'm just trying to imagine anyone saying "the Olympics allow countries to settle their differences with track & field instead of guns & bombs" with a straight face

Like just picturing I dunno, Russia and Ukraine being like "Gosh yeah, I guess we don't need that Black Sea port after all since you beat us fair and square in luge"

I can't tell if it's a Disney rear end delusion where world powers competing in athletics makes us all realize we're the same, or if it's a highly pessimistic belief that organized international athletic competition is the only thing keeping the world working this well.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The world is working well? This is going to upset a lot of people.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

EoinCannon posted:

It would be hilarious if cities had to spend billions on infrastructure and new concert halls to host Eurovision

isnt that a big plot point in that will ferrel movie? iceland wants to lose because it costs to much to host eurovision and thats why britian sabotages itself each year because they are the poorest eurovision country and could never afford to host.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

snergle posted:

isnt that a big plot point in that will ferrel movie? iceland wants to lose because it costs to much to host eurovision and thats why britian sabotages itself each year because they are the poorest eurovision country and could never afford to host.

Pretty sure this is only a slight exaggeration of reality.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

snergle posted:

Yeah except in real life England extremely wants to win but doesn't know how because they are a bunch of lizard people locked alone on an island.

Anyway there's pretty generous terms to have someone else host if you think your endowment isn't going to cover your costs to host.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zedprime posted:

Yeah except in real life England extremely wants to win but doesn't know how because they are a bunch of lizard people locked alone on an island.

Hey.

This is fish people erasure.

E: lmao it throws ed milliband in there too

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

zedprime posted:

Anyway there's pretty generous terms to have someone else host if you think your endowment isn't going to cover your costs to host.

Didn't they make one country (ireland?) win for years in a row because they hated hosting it and everyone else thought it was funny? I swear I read something about that on here.

All I know about eurovision as an American is that it gives me euro pop to annoy people with, and then I end up liking it despite knowing better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For years I thought the "Eurovision Song Contest" was something Monty Python made up

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

iwentdoodie posted:

Didn't they make one country (ireland?) win for years in a row because they hated hosting it and everyone else thought it was funny? I swear I read something about that on here.
It was an episode of Father Ted

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mother?! You're not supposed to be on the internet!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

hazardousmouse posted:

Mother?! You're not supposed to be on the internet!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

iwentdoodie posted:

All I know about eurovision as an American is that it gives me euro pop to annoy people with, and then I end up liking it despite knowing better.
Ireland won a bunch in a row and then father Ted made an episode about trying to lose to so the country bankrupting itself

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

This needs to be the new mod star. Pity the text wouldn't translate well to being shrunk down like that.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

This needs to be the new mod star. Pity the text wouldn't translate well to being shrunk down like that.

Don't worry, it's heavily implied

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cyrano4747 posted:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/Em5FpOz.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPgFymGFks

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/the_twitr_acc/status/1404179029679280130

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

That is very old news Bike Tory

There's been Vice documentaries and everything

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

lol

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Amphigory posted:

That is very old news Bike Tory

There's been Vice documentaries and everything

It's the same picture every time I see it, too. Take a new picture is the Garfields, people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.