Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

The first book of mercenaries, the Warrior one, was pretty okay. The priest one was a horrible slog because they didn't ever give you any actual wincons.

This one is... just kind of mediocre.

The Mutanus fight is just loving terrible in every loving way. The NPC has a lethal permanent buff that renders your cheap mind control card worthless because the buff doesn't apply to both sides of the board, and if you don't get the mana wipe and have both Nourishes in hand when you play it, you're hosed. If you play the summon two with five or less and don't get a Lake Thresher to slap poison on, you're hosed. If you don't get the right cards on your first and second draw, you're hosed. If you can't play the "summon two" card before the universal +4/+4, you're hosed because that's now a dead card. This is just loving un-fun on all levels and whoever designed this needs to be karmically loving punished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I found the previous fights harder than Mutanus, his stuff you can ramp up to bigger minions than his fairly fast, while the adventuring party boss has inf8nite value and a one sided sweeper, you need a fast start against them or you just die. The poison boss is also a real tough time with so many of your cards just trading 1 for 1 with a token

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Easiest way to beat Mutanis is take Rokara as your hero power and full mulligan for Moonfang or something that pulls Moonfang. Moonfang with Taunt that you can buff up is a great stabilizer vs. the oversized murlocs. Use the mind controls to get rid of annoying snowbally murlocs like Flurgal or w/e the aoe aura one is.

Guffs deck is pure trash though, Celestial Alignment will kill you a lot of the time, and honestly except for Mutanis, I found the mage hero power to be by far the best for letting you stall out forever and protect your dogshit minions lol.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 16, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Worst of all is the menu dialogue that stops you from doing anything.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Having a lot of problems against face hunter. Any advice?

Also, what is the fancier version of that deck? I have a bunch of classic cards that are now worthless, so I have some dust reserves.
If you're running into a lot of slower decks you can add cards like N'zoth, Mutanus, Cresh, etc to optimize vs control decks, but they make you worse vs aggro, so if you're facing a lot of aggro you want to stick to a list like AnacondaHL's.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Hey heads up it looks like Madame Lazul is in the store now so you can grab her if you want a priest hero that isn't Anduin or Tyrande (spoilers: it's me I do)

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

DeadButDelicious posted:

Hey heads up it looks like Madame Lazul is in the store now so you can grab her if you want a priest hero that isn't Anduin or Tyrande (spoilers: it's me I do)

Same, I got the Trippin' balls Anduin from the reward but it's disappointing.

Edit: wait, 12€ for portrait only, no thanks. I'll have to stay with horned lady.

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 16, 2021

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
All of the Book of Heroes and Mercs continue to remind me how completely bizarrely wasted their efforts are.

They paid voice actors for this! They paid artists for this! They even change cards to make more lore sense! But they seem to have dumped the deck and fight design on their lowest paid interns.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I have not completed any after the first. I don't even care about the class pack, that's how much of a slog they are. But then again they are more often than not 4 useless commons and a rare anyways. But they are absolutely not their own reward.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Disargeria posted:

All of the Book of Heroes and Mercs continue to remind me how completely bizarrely wasted their efforts are.

They paid voice actors for this! They paid artists for this! They even change cards to make more lore sense! But they seem to have dumped the deck and fight design on their lowest paid interns.

My favourite thing about them is that they still don't let you loving skip the god damned introductions ever, even if you have heard them once already because you quit and closed Hearthstone.
Like holy hell Goat Lady, you have established you need this shiny rock to save your daughter like 3 times already we don't need to go over this again gently caress

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

If you're down to play Rush Warrior, it has a favorable matchup vs Hunter. Shield of Honor has fallen out of favor, here is the current base list:

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (5) Tent Trasher
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAQcGwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEDLu5A7y5A+LMA93NA6fOA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA8TeA5HkA5jtAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/fi0EoAykWEPzvelkikzfrg/

Additional legendaries can be added to adjust other matchups, but this one is solid vs Hunter.

In this matchup you typically won't have time to play Conditioning or Whatley or Troublemaker, so toss those cards in the mull. Try avoiding taking too much damage with your face into minions unless it is exactly Kolkar Pack Runner. Get on board, spend all your mana every turn (even a turn 1 stage dive, turn 2 Parade Leader, etc. Just put stuff on board).

It's funny, because I was just thinking of how I didn't understand how to use shield of honor properly and was looking for replacements. Using this new list has turned a lot of my more recent losses from "There is no possible way I could have won this match" to "Oh, I see what mistake I made". ETC was a huge missing component, as he brings enough face damage to finish off many opponents with rush minions.

Troublemaker is fun as hell, turns an empty board into MINE!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Speaking of Rush Warrior, it seems like a good pick for today's brawl. Specifically, the Playmaker / Parade Leader / Bumper Car / Rokara package. Opponent banned Rokara but it didn't matter.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's funny, because I was just thinking of how I didn't understand how to use shield of honor properly and was looking for replacements. Using this new list has turned a lot of my more recent losses from "There is no possible way I could have won this match" to "Oh, I see what mistake I made". ETC was a huge missing component, as he brings enough face damage to finish off many opponents with rush minions.

Troublemaker is fun as hell, turns an empty board into MINE!

Shield of Honor is a holdover from the old Risky Skipper days, and in this deck was meant almost exclusively to be cast on Warmaul Challenger.

Also, hot news as of today (I may have contributed to convincing vS that) Archdruid Naralax is worth running in Rush Warrior, so the new Vanilla build is now:
-1 Tent Trasher
+1 Archdruid Naralax

Fans of Overlord Saurfang may be happy to hear a variant with this card will be highlighted, intending to be better vs Priest. N'Zoth is a trap though.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Also, hot news as of today (I may have contributed to convincing vS that) Archdruid Naralax is worth running in Rush Warrior, so the new Vanilla build is now:
-1 Tent Trasher
+1 Archdruid Naralax

*squints* why?

Tent trasher is probably the worst fit in the deck, but why such a slow and unreliable card to replace it?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

AnacondaHL posted:

Shield of Honor is a holdover from the old Risky Skipper days, and in this deck was meant almost exclusively to be cast on Warmaul Challenger.

-1 Tent Trasher
+1 Archdruid Naralax

Fans of Overlord Saurfang may be happy to hear a variant with this card will be highlighted, intending to be better vs Priest. N'Zoth is a trap though.

Lol I thought that was you in the Discord. Maybe this change will finally get warrior to click for me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

*squints* why?

Tent trasher is probably the worst fit in the deck, but why such a slow and I reliable card?

Most of the outcomes are useable. 36% to just absolutely blow out a Druid/Hunter/Rogue board, Dream for 6/6 elemental taunts or Apotheosis'd minions, Nightmare for surprise burst from hand (also Blademaster Samuro), and the minions can be handbuffed for value or just tempo'd out if you need a bridge towards your Conditioning turn.

Tent Trasher is the backup draw target for Ringmaster Whatley, I've been happy with at least 1 copy in every decklist I play. And exploiting the mana reduction highroll can be game winning (Turn 1 Ganarg, Turn 2 Bumper Car, Turn 3 5/5 dragon). But it's overall worse than Crabrider in faster matchups.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Most of the outcomes are useable. 36% to just absolutely blow out a Druid/Hunter/Rogue board, Dream for 6/6 elemental taunts or Apotheosis'd minions, Nightmare for surprise burst from hand (also Blademaster Samuro), and the minions can be handbuffed for value or just tempo'd out if you need a bridge towards your Conditioning turn.

Tent Trasher is the backup draw target for Ringmaster Whatley, I've been happy with at least 1 copy in every decklist I play. And exploiting the mana reduction highroll can be game winning (Turn 1 Ganarg, Turn 2 Bumper Car, Turn 3 5/5 dragon). But it's overall worse than Crabrider in faster matchups.
Interesting, will try and report back.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Tried a couple games with the change so far, and it improves the Hunter matchup so much it’s ridiculous. They just can’t answer a Ysera Awakens when it hits their rhino. Especially if you start putting out Conditioning’d minions afterwords.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Amoeba102 posted:

Worst of all is the menu dialogue that stops you from doing anything.

you can click through it to speed it up now

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Oenis posted:

I have not completed any after the first. I don't even care about the class pack, that's how much of a slog they are. But then again they are more often than not 4 useless commons and a rare anyways. But they are absolutely not their own reward.

Same. I finished every other PvE they've done, but the books were just miserable.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
There's something amusing about running a sleeping guy in a Rush deck, so yeah I'll be playing that one for a bit.

Regarding the Guff storyline, I recently opened Smythe in a Duels reward pack and I'm seriously tempted to dust him after that battle. What a dipshit man, leave the turtles alone.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I've gotten 3 legendaries out of the Book packs so im going to say that the Books are good, actually.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

For this weeks brawl. Opponent will probably ban pogo hopper but with reasonable draw you can still have a full board of mechwarpers on t1. Regardless of what they ban you should be able to win.

I played my whole deck against the priest I faced by turn 4.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (1) Pogo-Hopper
# 1x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Mechwarper
#
AAEBAZurBASUD/W7Atf6AqrLAwAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

GTO posted:

For this weeks brawl. Opponent will probably ban pogo hopper but with reasonable draw you can still have a full board of mechwarpers on t1. Regardless of what they ban you should be able to win.

I played my whole deck against the priest I faced by turn 4.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (1) Pogo-Hopper
# 1x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Mechwarper
#
AAEBAZurBASUD/W7Atf6AqrLAwAA
#

Wow wow wow. Worked.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Diamond 2!!! This is the best I've ever done hell yeah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

two weeks left in the month. you know you wanna make the push :unsmigghh:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Desert Bus posted:

Congrats!

On Diamond 4 right now. I know I can make it to Legend with Deathrattle DH, which is just as good as hitting it for me.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

World War Mammories posted:

two weeks left in the month. you know you wanna make the push :unsmigghh:

hell yeah i'm gonna keep playing it's been years and i never hit legend

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

Congrats! I’m in plat 7 and when I got to plat 6 I ad 6 straight losses and now I’m back where I was :suicide:

Guess I’ll go back to playing DR DH and winning, Rush warrior isn’t doing it anymore after my short win streak

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
whenever I run into a weird-rear end deck in poo poo-tier Wild I always have to check in case it's MarkMcKz's latest creation

this time: Old Y'shaarj Hunter

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is that the Barnes Y'shaarj list?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

now that things like palm reading into shadow essence exist, would it even change wild at all if barnes were put back to 4 mana?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Is the dust refund for that mana to health card not working for anyone else? I got the message in game but its not showing a full dust refund.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
try updating the game and it should work

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Ysera is so unbalanced as a legendary in Arena it might well be the most broken card ever printed. For sure the most broken neutral. Not even unnerfed DQA was worse than this because at least there was usually a chance to still win because the 0 cost dragons didn't necessarily immediately impact the board. Across all classes, including the most losing ones, the win % after playing the card is 78.5% lol. In most classes the second highest winrate card, including class cards, is like 10% lower than that.

Sure have a 1 mana sap and a 3 mana Flamestrike, seems good. Not even Il'Gynoth in Constructed has a higher win % when played lmao.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
gently caress Priest.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I hate the Diamond 10-->Diamond 5 push too much to consider going to Legend. Favourite parts of the months are early on where bonus stars can carry any fun deck and after D5 where I can gently caress around and find out.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Jeza posted:

Ysera is so unbalanced as a legendary in Arena it might well be the most broken card ever printed. For sure the most broken neutral. Not even unnerfed DQA was worse than this because at least there was usually a chance to still win because the 0 cost dragons didn't necessarily immediately impact the board. Across all classes, including the most losing ones, the win % after playing the card is 78.5% lol. In most classes the second highest winrate card, including class cards, is like 10% lower than that.

Sure have a 1 mana sap and a 3 mana Flamestrike, seems good. Not even Il'Gynoth in Constructed has a higher win % when played lmao.

I played a Priest arena run a couple days ago where I had Draconic studies into Ysera every game, and went 0-3.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
If anyone needs some easy tavern brawl wins suit this up

Living Roots
Adorable Infestation
Mark of the Lotus
Gibberling

Your opponent will panic ban gibberling aka your worst card, allowing you to flood and win. Punched out my win 5 quest in an instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Baller Ina posted:

If anyone needs some easy tavern brawl wins suit this up

Living Roots
Adorable Infestation
Mark of the Lotus
Gibberling

Your opponent will panic ban gibberling aka your worst card, allowing you to flood and win. Punched out my win 5 quest in an instant.

This is hilarious, thx

Not even sure what the correct pick is. Any of the 3 will steamroll a slower deck.