Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

WEH posted:

tekne what do you make of this report: http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/063/S63074.html
it sounds like a strange rear end experience

relating to my own experience, there were no flashes and the low clouds continuously glowed pale white. before we saw them hanging over the refinery, my friend noted that the sky was bright for night and then it became clear why when we got onto the bridge heading towards the refinery. then we could see them hanging over the facility, and a little over a minute later, we spotted the cylinder in those clouds as we were passing the refinery itself. to clarify the setting a little better, it's shell martinez and we heading south down 680

this painting conveys the same sense of size and altitude from my encounter

Tekne has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Jun 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Jetto Jagga posted:

And our friends, from zeta reticuli ... very fine folks, very good people. But misunderstood! So misunderstood, a lot of untrue stories, some very nasty people saying they were abducted. It's terrible, sad.

Hatebag posted:

The tall whites - they call themselves that, not me - they say we need to fight the anunaki. Ok, fine. I say "we'll do whatever we have to do to, but what do we get out of it?" And these tall whites - their words! - they say

lmao. full galactic federation level disclosure under trump would have been the best possible timeline. we missed out on something rare and wonderful

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tekne posted:

holy poo poo. that's what i was saying. i feel a lot of sightings can come from confusion about an electrical phenomena and so forth. but he says he saw a giant cylinder hovering in the sky, so what else was it supposed to be?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i mean, maybe it was a weird blimp? i've tried to rationalize it, but we don't make airships that big anymore and the shape isn't quite right either. the other things that dispelled that in my mind were the huge red lights running down the side and how it just hung in the clouds silently. im still confused that nobody else reported anything because there are people at that refinery all day long and 680 is a major highway. who knows?

that's partly why im hyped about this disclosure. even if there's no arrival or galactic federation, just actual acknowledgement that there are weird craft in the sky we can't identify would be enough for me. it would also make it easier to talk about with other people. in one way, it's already reassuring to know people have been seeing giant cigars/cylinders/etc among all the other shapes in the sky for 70 years and maybe centuries if the nuremberg event is any indication

Tekne has issued a correction as of 07:28 on Jun 16, 2021

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

holy poo poo. that's what i was saying. i feel a lot of sightings can come from confusion about an electrical phenomena and so forth. but he says he saw a giant cylinder hovering in the sky, so what else was it supposed to be?

"Welcome to Marlbaro country", its just a very well funded intergalactic cigarette ad.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

wondering how hard it would be to migrate to Alpha Centauri.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i remember that being a fantastic game, neat gimmick mechanic, OK storyline for a fps back then

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Syncopation has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Mar 22, 2023

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

PawParole posted:

wondering how hard it would be to migrate to Alpha Centauri.

https://astronomy.com/news/2021/05/massive-flare-seen-on-the-closest-star-to-the-solar-system-what-it-means-for-chances-of-alien-neighbors

disclosure is forthcoming because the fleet heading our way from Alpha Centauri will become visible to civilian astronomers soon

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

can you post from a tic tac

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Delta-Wye posted:

[UFOs] This thread has a close working relationship with the military
https://files.catbox.moe/0b7v5n.mp4

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Google Butt posted:

can you post from a tic tac

You get access to space forums

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

no mods in space btw

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Tekne posted:

it sounds like a strange rear end experience

relating to my own experience, there were no flashes and the low clouds continuously glowed pale white. before we saw them hanging over the refinery, my friend noted that the sky was bright for night and then it became clear why when we got onto the bridge heading towards the refinery. then we could see them hanging over the facility, and a little over a minute later, we spotted the cylinder in those clouds as we were passing the refinery itself. to clarify the setting a little better, it's shell martinez and we heading south down 680

Chinese lantern

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Cool contrails but this one's almost definitely a plane. Maybe even a fighter jet.

It asks "can a jet stop and do this?!" and the answer is yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcLavSl58yQ

Although, I don't think that's what's happening, it's more like the plane is turning away from the viewer and climbing and the contrail is breaking because of turbulence or whatever.

or the pilot is practicing his cobra maneuvers.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Wheeee posted:

https://astronomy.com/news/2021/05/massive-flare-seen-on-the-closest-star-to-the-solar-system-what-it-means-for-chances-of-alien-neighbors

disclosure is forthcoming because the fleet heading our way from Alpha Centauri will become visible to civilian astronomers soon

thats proxima, not alpha

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/bryandbender/status/1404959151759843332?s=21

first mention im seeing that tomorrow’s briefing includes fedcops

Crusader has issued a correction as of 10:07 on Jun 16, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Crusader posted:

https://twitter.com/bryandbender/status/1404959151759843332?s=21

first mention im seeing that tomorrow’s briefing includes fedcops

bryan made a mistake. It's not thursday its wednesday.

also the air force claims ufos are demons sent by satan to test their faith, which is why its the fbi instead.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

PawParole posted:

bryan made a mistake. It's not thursday its wednesday

oh rad

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

"Choose where to settle the first base for the PROJECT, commander!"
/

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
birds, balloons, planes, clouds, artifacts, it's always something, huh?

:lol: at using both planes and clouds and going with con-trails

easy outs

"oh you see planes sometimes look weird and behave unexpectedly when viewed from the ground" + "oh you see clouds sometimes look weird and behave unexpectedly when viewed from the ground"

lmao playing on easy mode

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Pooky posted:

birds, balloons, planes, clouds, artifacts, it's always something, huh?

:lol: at using both planes and clouds and going with con-trails

easy outs

"oh you see planes sometimes look weird and behave unexpectedly when viewed from the ground" + "oh you see clouds sometimes look weird and behave unexpectedly when viewed from the ground"

lmao playing on easy mode

I know, I know, it's fringe science but bear with me.

One of the guys who came up with the navier-stokes equation designed a bridge that collapsed so can you really even trust the maths?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/BryanDBender/status/1404964794159960065

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Butternubs posted:

I know, I know, it's fringe science but bear with me.

One of the guys who came up with the navier-stokes equation designed a bridge that collapsed so can you really even trust the maths?

ok you go tell cumshitter that he can't compress cum in his rear end. like we literally have an expert right here that can disprove this poo poo.

the fact that cumshitter hasn't exploded tells you everything you need to know.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

There i was consuming drugs reading about cigar marketing UFOs when a Google steeetview car passed me by exactly at the moment i was criming bigly.

Thanks cspam.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

A good discussion of triangles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSLMzX3Mnw

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

funny thing is, the eyes are what really separates us. they dont have whites. its all iris, where the pupil can open really big. its the reason those ugly bigass prada/eurotrash sunglasses are a thing.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tekne posted:

the beings inhabiting lake baikal are absolutely horrifying
https://youtu.be/fz8rQVNj-2s

get a load of that bird

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Rah! posted:

get a load of that bird

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Have we talked about the definite realness of MAJIC-12? Because lol, lmao

I wonder why the cigars have become so prevalent when they used to be rare and discs used to be common but don't seem to be seen as much anymore.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
a cigar is just a disc seen from the side... wisdom

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

covid but from space

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Wow, pretty damning stuff.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pooky posted:

Have we talked about the definite realness of MAJIC-12? Because lol, lmao

I wonder why the cigars have become so prevalent when they used to be rare and discs used to be common but don't seem to be seen as much anymore.

Discs are scout ships and cigars are colonizers

:tinfoil:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Charles Manson told Tom O'Neill (or someone who then told Tom O'Neill, can't remember which) that it's naval intelligence that holds the purse.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

fanfic insert posted:

Charles Manson told Tom O'Neill (or someone who then told Tom O'Neill, can't remember which) that it's naval intelligence that holds the purse.

the serial killer?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAV1pXHbfno

Sgt David Scott USAF: "In June 2001, President Bush came on ABC news...and he had with him a general from the air force...and he was announcing the general would be the new head of a new force, the Space Force, and they were gonna put a military base on the moon. The general was put as the joint chief of staff and the space force never came about."

Senator Mike Gravel: "We have a space force. It's in existence. It's been written about extensively and it's there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PawParole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAV1pXHbfno

Sgt David Scott USAF: "In June 2001, President Bush came on ABC news...and he had with him a general from the air force...and he was announcing the general would be the new head of a new force, the Space Force, and they were gonna put a military base on the moon. The general was put as the joint chief of staff and the space force never came about."

Senator Mike Gravel: "We have a space force. It's in existence. It's been written about extensively and it's there."

If he's talking about Air Force Space Command then yeah, that's true

Granted getting that poo poo out from under Air Force might be all part of the plan