Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Excelzior posted:

👀👀👀
look im just asking questions like why pelosi doesn't want to have a commission to investigate some guy appearing from behind police lines, being at the front of smashing through security doors while rotating between 3 hats, retreating moments 'before' a shot rings out (as if he knew it was coming) and then chatting with police officers who let him dig around in a backpack behind them at a moment of extreme tension

Tabletops posted:

oh thought this was gonna have something to do with bobber or babbet or whatever getting shot

she gets shot at around 1:54 in the second vid, the hat guy is right next to her and quite notably doesnt react to the sound of gunfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Feldegast42 posted:

even if it in some fashion passes its obviously going to be the GOP version of the bill which does less than nothing

actually the GOP will be helping a lot of banks by providing EXTRA LIQUIDITY for INFRASTRUCTURE LOANS that will use the power of FREE MARKETS to allocate infrastructure where demand is greatest! whats that? the banks are using the liquidity to do stock buybacks and buy up housing? ah. well. nevertheless

and the dems will hail it as the greatest 25 trillion dollar stimulus of all time

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

the federal investigations are proceeding through SDNY, where they seized Giuliani's documents (he is very mad about this) investigating crimes he committed on trump's behalf. they're also investigating others (including the stuff from his inaugural committee), but they're less leaky than the NY AG

i also suspect SDNY kept quiet to avoid trump knowing who to pardon and would have pushed the NYAG to do more, as trump can't pardon state crimes

the biden administration will go to every effort to avoid any involvement into the SDNY investigations, because the goal is to have it be a completely non-partisan prosecution that cannot be characterized as politically motivated

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bideo James posted:

she died like a week after the no mask wedding lmao

a little over two weeks lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

because the goal is to have it be a completely non-partisan prosecution that cannot be characterized as politically motivated

Narrator: it would be.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hollering TRUST THE PLAN, democratishly

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

look im just asking questions like why pelosi doesn't want to have a commission to investigate some guy appearing from behind police lines, being at the front of smashing through security doors while rotating between 3 hats, retreating moments 'before' a shot rings out (as if he knew it was coming) and then chatting with police officers who let him dig around in a backpack behind them at a moment of extreme tension

she gets shot at around 1:54 in the second vid, the hat guy is right next to her and quite notably doesnt react to the sound of gunfire

It's so weird seeing the cops shoot a chud for a change

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1405200223652265986?s=19

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ICEgov/status/1405154490890731520

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

any day now, a crooked business that has been known to be a crooked businessman since the 80's is going to get indicted for his crooked businesses

this will validate our hatred of him as a politician as well as every single one of our claims against him

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I saw the light go out

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

mastershakeman posted:

are you saying he’s a robot?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Srice posted:

I like the idea that the stimulus bill is just so insanely popular that voters will remember it in 17 months and it will be the reason why Biden bucks the longstanding trend of the president's party generally eating dirt in the midterms.

The only time I can think of anyone asking a regular person the impact that bill had on their life instead of just regurgitating the party line Most Progressive Ever was that one woman who was happy she didint have to worry about rent for a month.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

She forbids people from saying Obama in her house

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Bootleg Trunks posted:

the federal investigations are proceeding through SDNY, where they seized Giuliani's documents (he is very mad about this) investigating crimes he committed on trump's behalf. they're also investigating others (including the stuff from his inaugural committee), but they're less leaky than the NY AG

i also suspect SDNY kept quiet to avoid trump knowing who to pardon and would have pushed the NYAG to do more, as trump can't pardon state crimes

the biden administration will go to every effort to avoid any involvement into the SDNY investigations, because the goal is to have it be a completely non-partisan prosecution that cannot be characterized as politically motivated

lol Garland will find a way to knock it down as Trump's personal lawyer

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Eggplant Squire posted:

The Bailey's looked at Obama 2012 and thought he was too much of a leftwing firebrand and needed to vote Romney to pull the country back to the middle.

I checked with the baileys and they actually agree with everything I do and exactly the way I do it, they still vote republican, of course, but I find their input to be valuable.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tabletops posted:

are you saying he’s a robot?

im saying he's a UAP that landed and participated in the 1/6 riots

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

whats ohio got to do with bernie? he endorsed the clinton endorsement's opponent I assume?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
the idea that a group of simple lawyers could even pierce the at field of donald trump

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the slow lawsuit penetrates the at shield

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the lawyers need to come up with a coordinated battle dance so that they can force donald and rudy back into a single body and defeat it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Marzzle posted:

whats ohio got to do with bernie? he endorsed the clinton endorsement's opponent I assume?

Turner ran his PAC and helped run his 2020 prez campaign

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Excelzior posted:

the slow lawsuit penetrates the at shield

*plays decisive battle on a kazoo*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tabletops posted:

I mean she was a big part of a lot of 70s women’s rights laws like the ecoa, struck vs sec of defense etc

I’m not sure what your referring to specifically

quote:

The truth is that through the hundreds of sex discrimination cases that she litigated, Ginsburg systematically targeted and destroyed any and all affirmative action and public programs that favored women. Through her seminal cases such as Frontiero v. Richardson (1973) and Weinberger v. Wiesenfeld (1975)—some of her most famous “feminist” legal wins—Ginsburg left us with a legal standard that makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for federal, state, and local government entities; universities; and private institutions to create preferential policies for women.

quote:

Ginsburg ruthlessly litigated based on a white feminist legal theory called “anti-classification” theory, also known as “sameness feminism,” “sex-blindness,” or “anti-stereotyping” theory. Similar to the concept of color-blindness, sex-blindness is the belief that there should be no differentiation based on sex, even affirmative action and preferential policies. These white feminists, including Ginsburg, theorized that beneficial policies that differentiated on the basis of gender stereotyped women as weaker than men. Thus, they opposed these policies as sexist. It was an easy theory for white women to embrace, as sexism was often the only form of discrimination they faced, so the eradication of preferential sex treatment meant the eradication of their problems.

quote:

Propelled by this sex-blindness theory, despite intense criticism by non-white women legal theorists, Ginsburg’s supposedly shining period in the 1970s as a litigator for the ACLU was in actuality a period during which she strategically litigated hundreds of cases that targeted and destroyed any policy that benefited women over men.

In Craig v. Boren (1976)—one of her most high profile “feminist” wins that launched her to fame—Ginsburg argued before the Supreme Court on behalf of her male plaintiff that an Oklahoma statute that required men to be older to buy beer than women was sex discrimination against men, and thus unconstitutional. The Supreme Court ruled in her favor. In Weinberger v. Wiesenfeld (1975), Ginsburg represented a white male widower before the Supreme Court and argued that Social Security regulations that permitted female widows but not male widowers to collect special benefits while caring for minor children was reverse sex discrimination. The court agreed, and she got the preferential Social Security regulation towards women abolished.

In Califano v. Goldfarb (1977), Ginsburg represented yet another white male plaintiff, arguing that the Social Security Act’s allotment of greater survivor’s benefits to female widows than male widowers was unconstitutional. In her oral argument before the Supreme Court, Ginsburg explained why sex discrimination against men should be regarded the same as sex discrimination against women: “[A]lmost every discrimination against males operates against females, as well…. I don’t know of any line that doesn’t work as a two-edged sword, doesn’t hurt both sexes.”

The list is endless. In case after case, Ginsburg executed a strategic plan to target and destroy any and all preferential public or private policy that favored women over men. According to “Ruth Bader Ginsburg ‘s Equal Protection Clause: 1970-80” by Wendy Webster Williams, a final tally of Ginsburg’s cases revealed that 4 to 1, Ginsburg represented male (likely mostly white) plaintiffs over female plaintiffs. Ginsburg systematically litigated cases that were nearly identical in pattern to advance her agenda. She represented white male plaintiffs, alleged that a law or policy that gave preference to women was reverse sex discrimination against her male plaintiff, and claimed that this differentiation on the basis of sex was thus unconstitutional. She did this with the explicit goal of decimating preferential policies towards women, because she, as a white woman, held the white feminist belief that any distinction drawn between men and women—even in the form of affirmative action—meant that (white) women could never be seen as equal to (white) men.

https://theestablishment.co/ruth-bader-ginsbergs-legacy-is-based-on-white-feminism/index.html

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/politicalwilli/status/1349086318844805122
https://twitter.com/politicalwilli/status/1349090011526832129

this guy is the undercover capitol police or fed or whatever he is on 1/6.
in the second video he starts kicking at 1:25 and using a helmet to smash the window at 1:30, around 1:40 in the 2nd video he stops smashing when people yell about the gun, and he's already talking to police when you see him in frame next, so he moved over there before she gets killed. but it sure seems like his role was to work up the defenders into shooting and then stop right before it happens

you can see him walking through the cops at the very beginning of the 3rd vid

at :29 in 4th video he's going through backpack behind police lines, stashing his hats or something maybe

this actually loving owns

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The lawsuit is the n2 mine that has a huge explosion but ultimately just slows down Trump for an hour or two

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*kicking up my feet after a long day of provacatouring, inciting violence, subtly manipulating swarms of frantic people* "ahh, greatest job on earth. see ya tomorrow, seattle.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

is the proof this dude is a fed is because the police aren't arresting him? The police didn't arrest anyone.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

We have no choice. Send Hillary in Unit 02 down to Central Dogma to get it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Young Turks actually make me want to like Jimmy Dore lol.

TYT sold out, tried to go 'respectable establishment mouthpiece' and have landed in a mud wrestling match with an internet pothead who publishes clips of Cenk pitching zoophilia

It's pretty great

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Shageletic posted:

is the proof this dude is a fed is because the police aren't arresting him? The police didn't arrest anyone.

he comes from behind the police line and he leaves behind the police line where he then changes clothes. this can be seen clearly in the video. please don't be all anarchist brained about this

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Cops were very involved on 1/6

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
*searching through my massive bag of stereotypical hats, wondering if i should put the ushanka on*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Terminal autist posted:

Remember when deblasio thanked the NYPD for doxxing his daughter during the height of the protests, lmao

de blasio is married to a member of the Combahee River Collective, the group that came up with the concept of intersectionality

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

A lot of CSPAM has historically had trouble integrating the fact that Jimmy Dore is CSPAM as gently caress

I hope that as Jimmy continues being irritating and correct, CSPAM will recognize their own reflection

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bootleg Trunks posted:

(he is very mad about this)

Gotta trigger the libs cons!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Quotey posted:

*searching through my massive bag of stereotypical hats, wondering if i should put the ushanka on*

tbh it's not worth the risk of having Mazovian Socio-Economics in your thought cabinet

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Excelzior posted:

tbh it's not worth the risk of having Mazovian Socio-Economics in your thought cabinet

it's actually a great way to build early game skill points because you can grind out XP easily by being choosing the most obnoxious commie dialogue options at every turn

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Quotey posted:

"Ok, we're gonna push you into this crowd of loonies and you just kind of blend in and act all crazy."

"Make him wear bill's hat!"

"Stop it guys! My wife gave me that hat!"

"Haha, yeah, wear the hat! Now act like a 9 year old who got bored waiting in line."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

ya she worked through the feminist lens (of the time) of equality not equity. obviously progressive thought since then has done a big doh on equity before equality

she argued through male cases because it got results from a patriarchal system which obviously worked for her goal of legal equality