Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

BGrifter posted:

On the bright side Hasten has been up several times today and I’ve shouted him a few times to no response. Guessing the price of JBoots should collapse closer to the Ring at 300pp or less.

Been a fun few days on Mischief. I camped my Paw of Opolla which went reasonably well I suppose. Took about eight hours to get the ring in Befallen. Got pushed out a few times but it wasn’t too bad. Then I got pretty lucky and got the fungus for the bronze and gold rings out of Guk in a couple hours. A quick trip to Blackburrow and my Paw was complete!

Now I’m sitting at 30 Druid watching auction chat for cheap Vermy Bracers and a Mammoth Hide Cloak. :3:

Wow does that bring back memories! I had that, and I did the stupid Dylan Starshine camp to get the Testament of Vanear on my young Druid way back. The newer weapons and armor they introduced to keep up with World of Warcraft absolutely ruined the old gear. I still wield my Epic 1.0 just because I enjoy the old leaf blower look, but all of my other gear is vastly better than what we used to have at max levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Are named mobs still dropping tons of shot? That sounds fun. Is it all on level stuff?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

all level stuff yes, ive seen named drop anywhere from 1-6 items (tho when its 6 theres usually some junk like fire giant toes in there etc). raid bosses also drop more than usual it seems like, first inny kill i saw like 3 bladestoppers, 3 eye of inny, 2 different weight bags, 2 red dragon scales and a few of the race specific gears

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Indecisive posted:

all level stuff yes, ive seen named drop anywhere from 1-6 items (tho when its 6 theres usually some junk like fire giant toes in there etc). raid bosses also drop more than usual it seems like, first inny kill i saw like 3 bladestoppers, 3 eye of inny, 2 different weight bags, 2 red dragon scales and a few of the race specific gears

Sorry I meant like can I get an fbss for r some poo poo from a lvl 14 rare orc

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Tabletops posted:

Sorry I meant like can I get an fbss for r some poo poo from a lvl 14 rare orc

It’s +\- 5 levels from the mob is the best I’ve been able to determine. As the frenzied ghoul is level 42-44 the lowest level named mob that could drop one is 37.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea no idea what level ranges it varies but it is mostly similar level junk that should be dropping. we did have a hole named drop actual zero loot tho (not counting the junk research words of whatever), same named dropped tranix crowns multiple times + mithril arms + legs, then we killed him once and nothing

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ah ok. In that case I can’t remember, are enchanters still gods with charm pets at 60? Or did that go away after velious

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Still gods. Charm fades a bit in Luclin because lots of mobs you charm will have a 150 max hit vs kunark/velious where you regularly could find 218 max hit stuff. It's still doing astronomical damage per mana spent so w/e. Then of course after Luclin charm power rockets into the sky in PoP and some parts of GoD

The TLPs put in a 20% charm damage nerf (applying just to classic-Luclin content) last year or so which sucks but doesn't really change the equation enough. They also nerfed chain stunning by linking cooldown on the 4 enc PBAE stuns. Also sucks, makes the class feel worse to play, but AE mez works well enough to compensate

In other news, I got a TA on my Aradune shaman the other day. So all that is left is to wait for my guild to die and quit the game. The launch of the new servers basically ended the guild as an entity that exists outside of 2 scheduled raids anyway. Feels pretty lovely and off putting, which I generally want to avoid in my entertainment

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Aw why patch and nerf poo poo on tlp that doesn’t make sense at all lol

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
I rolled a Dark Elf Necro on the new Mischief server last night. "Floob" in game if you're running a friends list. Talk about nostalgia! I've been playing this game for over 21 years now, but I can't tell you the last time I created a character, and leveled unbuffed, and with zero gear. What a dreadful but lovely grind LOL. I've been killing undead around Neriak and collecting bonechips, and selling weapons. I'm up to about 70 bonechips now, so that will hold me a while. I was able to buy my first 2 pet summons and all of the first few level critical spells.

I played for 2 hours last night. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get out of Neriak, and I was able to get to level 3 LOL

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
The fact that I am wielding a cracked staff again, after all these years, makes me simply glow inside :)

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I got all setup to 6-box and started on ThornBlade, played for about 12 hours on the bonus XP holiday weekend, got up to level 20 and haven't played since. Having 6 computers on is just pumping a ton of heat into my room and with summer starting it's been extremely hot in here lately. Plus running 6 boxes in general is just a huge chore, even with automation tools.

However, Kunark drops a week from today so I was thinking I'd give it another shot and re-roll on Mischief with some Iksar boxes. Maybe cutting it down to just 3, SHD/SHM/MNK, or adding 4th box for ports or a bard. But that's usually a slippery slope for me because I'll want to be able to res and maybe have some CC down the road so I will inevitably end up adding additional boxes and burning out again!

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Coolnezzz posted:

I got all setup to 6-box and started on ThornBlade, played for about 12 hours on the bonus XP holiday weekend, got up to level 20 and haven't played since. Having 6 computers on is just pumping a ton of heat into my room and with summer starting it's been extremely hot in here lately. Plus running 6 boxes in general is just a huge chore, even with automation tools.

However, Kunark drops a week from today so I was thinking I'd give it another shot and re-roll on Mischief with some Iksar boxes. Maybe cutting it down to just 3, SHD/SHM/MNK, or adding 4th box for ports or a bard. But that's usually a slippery slope for me because I'll want to be able to res and maybe have some CC down the road so I will inevitably end up adding additional boxes and burning out again!

I am by no means an expert on boxing, but I do have several copies of the EQ game folder on my main PC so I can access multiple accounts at once. Does that help you at all? I usually just do that for buffing and teleports, but in a pinch I can switch back and forth between two screens and duo ok on one rig... A friend of mine paid for 4 lifetime subs when they went on sale. I just got one, I think he's crazy dropping that money, but for things like this, it's awesome.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
fired up the game for the first time since phinigel came out and everythings locked lol

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Floob posted:

I am by no means an expert on boxing, but I do have several copies of the EQ game folder on my main PC so I can access multiple accounts at once. Does that help you at all? I usually just do that for buffing and teleports, but in a pinch I can switch back and forth between two screens and duo ok on one rig... A friend of mine paid for 4 lifetime subs when they went on sale. I just got one, I think he's crazy dropping that money, but for things like this, it's awesome.

Unfortunately the "TrueBox" TLP servers do not allow multiple clients to connect from the same machine, they do allow multiple actual physical computers (not virtual, they can detect VMs) to connect and play from the same public IP address though, hence the name.

There are tools that allow you to control the other PCs from your main PC, things like Multiplicity allows you to move your mouse and keyboard between each. Then hotkey broadcasting tools like HotKeyNet allow you to send commands to the other PCs to activate in game macros, etc. This is how must people box on TLPs.

I understand the tool MultiQuest 2's source code was recently leaked online and there are some versions of it that work on TrueBox servers now but I've never messed with that program since it's full blown automation and has some very hacky things you can do with it. I would be interested in trying it out if I can get my hands on a copy, though. ;)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
thats wild, how do they detect that through a VM?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Coolnezzz posted:

Unfortunately the "TrueBox" TLP servers do not allow multiple clients to connect from the same machine, they do allow multiple actual physical computers (not virtual, they can detect VMs) to connect and play from the same public IP address though, hence the name.

Well, I'll be damned, that's why I keep getting messages about my account already being logged on when I just try to switch characters back and forth. They have some weird sorcery going on!

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Tabletops posted:

thats wild, how do they detect that through a VM?

As far as I know they mostly just used to use MAC address detection but some time in 2019 they added additional checks that can determine common drivers / hardware IDs of virtual hardware I would imagine.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
I don't use VMs to play EQ but I've had plenty of guildies say it's a cat and mouse game of VM detection and anti-detection methods. There's always a new way to spoof it till Daybreak cracks down on it.

I use a cheap Intel NUC for my 2nd box when I can be bothered to play two account at the same time. I don't like boxing, but having a pocket druid is a really useful tool.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Kalas posted:

I don't use VMs to play EQ but I've had plenty of guildies say it's a cat and mouse game of VM detection and anti-detection methods. There's always a new way to spoof it till Daybreak cracks down on it.

I use a cheap Intel NUC for my 2nd box when I can be bothered to play two account at the same time. I don't like boxing, but having a pocket druid is a really useful tool.

That's what I do. I have an account with high level Cleric, Druid, and Enchanter, ready to go for a rez, port, or buffs. I rarely play them together, but just leave them camped out. I keep them leveled through use of the heroic character system as I get store currency I never use. This server I don't have that, so this has been a lot of fun.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i thought i had a krono on my phinigel character but i don't ; ;

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
wow someone gave me a robe of the oracle when i was standing outside felwithe on my enchanter

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
Such memories! I remember when I first started playing. I started a Wood Elf Druid out of Kelethin. I got to about level 4 when someone gave me, 4 plat, a wraith bone hammer, and cast sow on me. Well, I wasn't ready for that much power, and I ended up running all the way to Dagnors cauldron. The short story, I never did find that money or hammer again :)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Having another amazing day in the world of EverQuest on the Mischief server. :3:

Woke up this morning in a bit of a foul mood, so I spent a couple hours giving away free ports and SoW at EC tunnel refusing to take any tips offered. Actually wound up having a blast making people happy giving away free ports and buffs. Tons of fun little interactions, silly jokes, and loads of grateful people. I highly recommend it to anyone feeling a little sour on the community if you’ve got some time to kill and want to do a little shopping in EC anyway.

I figure the good karma must have helped cause I managed to buy both of my Vermiculated Bracelets for 400pp each today! Thanks to the Vermi Bracelets I’m now over the 200wis soft cap and was able to swap in a couple +mana pieces. :woop: Kind of wild having raid gear at level 33 and 1501mp. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the earrings and back slots to have my complete pre-Kunark gear set!

Now it’s back to the level grind and hoarding every single plat I can in anticipation of Luminescent Staff and Elder Spiritist Vambraces! Guessing the prices on both will be insane at first, but hopefully they fall quickly on Druid-only clickies.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

BGrifter posted:

Having another amazing day in the world of EverQuest on the Mischief server. :3:

Woke up this morning in a bit of a foul mood, so I spent a couple hours giving away free ports and SoW at EC tunnel refusing to take any tips offered. Actually wound up having a blast making people happy giving away free ports and buffs. Tons of fun little interactions, silly jokes, and loads of grateful people. I highly recommend it to anyone feeling a little sour on the community if you’ve got some time to kill and want to do a little shopping in EC anyway.

I figure the good karma must have helped cause I managed to buy both of my Vermiculated Bracelets for 400pp each today! Thanks to the Vermi Bracelets I’m now over the 200wis soft cap and was able to swap in a couple +mana pieces. :woop: Kind of wild having raid gear at level 33 and 1501mp. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the earrings and back slots to have my complete pre-Kunark gear set!

Now it’s back to the level grind and hoarding every single plat I can in anticipation of Luminescent Staff and Elder Spiritist Vambraces! Guessing the prices on both will be insane at first, but hopefully they fall quickly on Druid-only clickies.

That’s pretty cool. We are about to get a massive split from these sky auctions coming to a close. Had two shaman FD rings and a monk sky fist up for bid and as of this writing the shaman rings are about 70k and the fist is at 100k atm (krono at about 3.5k each). It’ll be interesting how long this guild lasts. We have several members of leadership from Realm of Insanity on Xegony (the #1 live raid guild atm ) and basically the entire officer team is good, but they don’t exactly have a track record of sticking with a server. I fully expect them to bail at or before PoP. I’m pretty sure half of this guild or more is just looking for free krono and when that starts to dry up they will bail. Most people come to raids without much gear.

On a side note. If anyone needs a Druid TL somewhere. Feel free to look for my Druid, Portal Service. He hangs out at the tunnel entrance but send a tell to Szinga. I rarely look at Druid screen since he’s mostly just foraging 24/7. If I’m not on as Szinga I’m probably not paying attention or sleeping.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Quick odd question. I was talking to a friend about equipment in RPGs and I mentioned Everquest had stuff like 'food' and 'drink slots, amongst other things. I've went back to look at to refresh my memory and looked at some screenshots, but its utterly indecipherable to me nowadays.

Could I get a quick rundown of every item slot on the paper doll?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

TalonDemonKing posted:

Quick odd question. I was talking to a friend about equipment in RPGs and I mentioned Everquest had stuff like 'food' and 'drink slots, amongst other things. I've went back to look at to refresh my memory and looked at some screenshots, but its utterly indecipherable to me nowadays.

Wow, there's no way I could do this question justice, but this is what I know. Food and drink in EQ1 only have to be in your inventory, and they affect your health and mana regen if you don't have any and become hungry or thirsty. In EQ 2 you actually had slots on the character sheet where you would actively place those items to have real effect.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Floob posted:

Wow, there's no way I could do this question justice, but this is what I know. Food and drink in EQ1 only have to be in your inventory, and they affect your health and mana regen if you don't have any and become hungry or thirsty. In EQ 2 you actually had slots on the character sheet where you would actively place those items to have real effect.

EQ1 food can also have stats directly - the highest up in your inventory food and drink is what grants the stats as shown on the item, it's not tracked to what you consumed lately. So the best strategy is to manually cram cheap water and rations down your gullet, while keeping the expensive stat food in a higher slot in your inventory.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=62383&menustr=035000000000

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Are there any raid guilds with plans to stay on mischief server past PoP?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tabletops posted:

Aw why patch and nerf poo poo on tlp that doesn’t make sense at all lol

How doesn't it? If you want "muh classic experience" go to p99. TLPs aren't meant to recreate the game from back then. They are updated to account for player knowledge and power creep.

Rallos posted:

and basically the entire officer team is good,

:roflolmao:

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

TalonDemonKing posted:

The paper doll is equipment only

Head
Neck
Ears
Shoulders
Arms
R Finger
L Finger
R Wrist
L Wrist
Chest
Waist
Legs
Feet
R Hand
L Hand
Ranged
Ammo
Charm

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

FranktheBank posted:

How doesn't it? If you want "muh classic experience" go to p99. TLPs aren't meant to recreate the game from back then. They are updated to account for player knowledge and power creep.

:roflolmao:

fair enough!

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Thanks mate. I've forgot that they allowed for both melee and ranged weapons equipped at the same time as well.
Looking at some screenshots, was there a face/mask option once upon a time, or did that fall under 'head'?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

nah he just forgot to list face probably

Finally hit 50 on my wizard, first time maining a porter so I just hung out porting for most of the day and made a pretty good chunk of change while using the internet + selling some junk I collected while grouping. Pretty nice + relaxed, i'll have to try druid sometime when im feeling even more lazy so I can just rootrot poo poo for xp

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

My necromancer hit 19 this week after a friend and I started camping the Aviak village, which was an interesting experience. As a Bertoxxulous necromancer I am barely kos to anything, including paladins of rodcet nife (????????) so I could walk through the village with no problem. My friend would pull massive adds if he accidently walked under a treehouse. That was pretty cool.

At 19 I decided to try to do some advanced soloing, so I bought my undead charm and nuke (100-150 damage for 30 mana!!) and headed to gargoyle Island in Ocean of tears. I charmed a level 19 skeleton, had it start attacking a level 20 skeleton... And realized I'd never used an evocation spell before, so every time I tried to use my nuke it fizzled. Had to gate out and go use the spell on low level mobs until the skill got to 90.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
Well I couldn't resist I made a mage on mischief named kygo. Not sure how much I'll really play. Fun to run around a little though.

I may get some kind of two box going. Maybe bard mage or something. I just like playing those two.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Mormon Star Wars posted:

At 19 I decided to try to do some advanced soloing, so I bought my undead charm and nuke (100-150 damage for 30 mana!!) and headed to gargoyle Island in Ocean of tears. I charmed a level 19 skeleton, had it start attacking a level 20 skeleton... And realized I'd never used an evocation spell before, so every time I tried to use my nuke it fizzled. Had to gate out and go use the spell on low level mobs until the skill got to 90.

:allears: this is what I love about this stupid game

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

quote:

Anyone on Mischief see a decent guild that raids 2-3 nights a week?

Going to ask this again, hit 50 a couple days ago.

Joined a guild that met the schedule I was looking for, but a raid filled with 40 year old men telling dick jokes and some shady practices later, I can tell its not going to work out.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Malt posted:

Going to ask this again, hit 50 a couple days ago.

Joined a guild that met the schedule I was looking for, but a raid filled with 40 year old men telling dick jokes and some shady practices later, I can tell its not going to work out.

What guild did you join?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Rallos posted:

What guild did you join?

Dungeons and Dargons.

Maybe I’m just not looking hard enough, but I don’t see many guilds raiding really but faceless. I don’t have an issues with faceless other than feeling I would fall behind not being in every night,