Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

great race until castroneves won, it's buck loving wild that people are stoked that an extremely wealthy dude who committed tax fraud won

Name a rich person that hasn't. Taxes are bad anyway, nobody gives much of a gently caress if someone tries to not pay them... :smug:

Helio Page 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

gently caress yeah Helio! I was hoping for him or one of the new guys.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Marshall Pruett on Davey Hamilton's infamous crash at Texas 20 years ago:

https://marshallpruettpodcast.com/davey-hamiltons-devastating-crash-at-20/

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

hunnert car pileup posted:

Marshall Pruett on Davey Hamilton's infamous crash at Texas 20 years ago:

https://marshallpruettpodcast.com/davey-hamiltons-devastating-crash-at-20/

A good read.

Davey's great in the radio booth, too. Especially when he mentions running pretty much every car he could get a deal to drive during the Copper World Classic.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

We are in Detroit this weekend for the double which means it times to post The Lap of the Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JuxgiPvz0

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Dang, the middle sector was so much faster then

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1403487276890570753

Read this whole thread, just do it

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Will Power is a treasure.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1403494090247901190?s=20

"the wrong choice" lmao

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Generally a good race, but I really disagree with throwing the red.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I really wish we could have seen the post race, because it would have been LIT

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I really wish we could have seen the post race, because it would have been LIT

Theres a bit of it in the Discord:

https://twitter.com/toomuchracing/status/1403828481922899968

I think the red was good. It is what they always do. Every car refired but one, maybe Penske should look into some more ECU cooling! They should let them get the driver cooling faster though.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah they posted Ericsson's and Power's on Twitter but it's pretty pathetic when they lie and promise coverage to continue on the app that never happened.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/FRosenqvist/status/1403876027286396929

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Askew is in for Rosenqvist tomorrow.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I think they threw the red for Grosjean's crash because it was in a very narrow corner, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but they should've let Power's pit guy throw the fan on the car. He was standing right there with it and the official wouldn't let him do it until they got everyone parked, and that just nuked the ECU apparently.

Also, why the gently caress is Indycar coverage being eclipsed by goddamn lacrosse and tennis? gently caress this poo poo.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Blame NBC for terrible overflow policies. Race should be on NBCSN or USA, not CNBC.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Reynold posted:

I think they threw the red for Grosjean's crash because it was in a very narrow corner, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but they should've let Power's pit guy throw the fan on the car. He was standing right there with it and the official wouldn't let him do it until they got everyone parked, and that just nuked the ECU apparently.

Also, why the gently caress is Indycar coverage being eclipsed by goddamn lacrosse and tennis? gently caress this poo poo.

Well you see the sport that regularly turns 14 year old girls into drug addicts by 17 is such a good media partner that they told another teen girl to either answer invasive questions from massaganistic reports or be banned from grand slam tourney la dispite her menatal health concerns

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Reynold posted:

I'm not buying that the heat is what killed the ECU. The rest of the cars were fine, the fan they were asking for wasn't for the car, it was for the man, and it wasn't THAT hot. The humidity plus heat can make people very uncomfortable, but moderate heat + humidity isn't going to kill an ECU. The temperature was only in the 70s.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Excellent race.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
gently caress yeah Pato, the last 10 laps were fantastic

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

GutBomb posted:

I'm not buying that the heat is what killed the ECU. The rest of the cars were fine, the fan they were asking for wasn't for the car, it was for the man, and it wasn't THAT hot. The humidity plus heat can make people very uncomfortable, but moderate heat + humidity isn't going to kill an ECU. The temperature was only in the 70s.

Did you miss the theory that it overheated because his car is black?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Nybble posted:

Blame NBC for terrible overflow policies. Race should be on NBCSN or USA, not CNBC.

The outro music into commercials really needs some work too after watching today's race. NBC needs to commit to making Indycar a safe, Uncle Kracker-free environment for everyone.

Good race though.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
outstanding race, indycar is the best US racing now by far

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Some quality commentary from the commentator booth... Nice timestamp works with the embeds now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozIlhs5Bovg&t=747s

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm glad the dude seems to have a sense of humor about it but watching that (and his body language) it sure felt like this was a deeper-rooted reaction to fire than it was "I want to save my car".

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm glad the dude seems to have a sense of humor about it but watching that (and his body language) it sure felt like this was a deeper-rooted reaction to fire than it was "I want to save my car".

He was probably going to try to extinguish the brakes then drive back to pitroad and keep going cause he was actually having a good weekend and didn't want to retire... Not sure how that would play out though...

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
I think once the magnesium lights up like that its kinda done

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Well hey

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1405164257700876294?s=21

Cool! Will be interesting to see how well Magnussen does.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Askew is also in for Veekay.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

Askew is also in for Veekay.

Didn't Veekay drive really well in Detroit? Or am I blanking on him getting injured during the 2nd race? That seems like an odd change.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Didn't Veekay drive really well in Detroit? Or am I blanking on him getting injured during the 2nd race? That seems like an odd change.

Got injured riding a bicycle.

At least that’s a slightly less stupid way of doing that than the MotoGP rider who was texting while cycling and ran into a van and injured himself.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

At least that’s a slightly less stupid way of doing that than the MotoGP rider who was texting while cycling and ran into a van and injured himself.

Ha! Thats amazing! Thanks for explaining :)

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/indy44/status/1405306726186815491

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

One day Indycar is just going to be rejected and / or retired F1 drivers.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

“One Day”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You can go a long, long time back to find drivers who were once in Formula 1 and transitioned their careers to IndyCar full-time. Turns out F1 is hard, top seats are limited, and sponsorship money in the U.S. has been pretty good for IndyCar for a long time!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I don't think a person with a disabled person as their avatar is using proper factual logic to make fun of IndyCar

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CactusWeasle posted:

I don't think a person with a disabled person as their avatar is using proper factual logic to make fun of IndyCar

Hmm, was I making fun of IndyCar? I dunno. And it's not like a chose the avatar, I just didn't change it :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

harperdc posted:

He was interviewing on the radio a month ago how he likes to ride in brown county a pretty rural rough biking trail area. Need for speed on bumpy dirt hill trails.