Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Went out with the wife tonight, got a shrimp po boy with cajun fries, she got a "carolina cubano" which was like really just pulled pork and bacon sandwich, not sure where the cubano comes in, but was still delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
spilled my scrumbled eggs all over the place when cooking (last of the eggs) so i microwaved a trader joes lamb vinaloo with rice and added cut up breakfast sausages to it

a success

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chinatown posted:

spilled my scrumbled eggs all over the place when cooking (last of the eggs) so i microwaved a trader joes lamb vinaloo with rice and added cut up breakfast sausages to it

a success

Can you be more specific about how you spilled scrumpled eggs "all over the place" please. I need to know for a project.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Aardvark! posted:

Can you be more specific about how you spilled scrumpled eggs "all over the place" please. I need to know for a project.

its Friday night mohterfucker!!!!!!!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nooner posted:

its Friday night mohterfucker!!!!!!!!!!

Nooner all I had for dinner was a single TABASCO SLIM Jim

and then 50mg of edibles

and then 2 slices of a large Domino's cheeseburger pizza

and then the entire remaining half of the large Domino's thin crust garlic veggie pizza

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Aardvark! posted:

Nooner all I had for dinner was a single TABASCO SLIM Jim

and then 50mg of edibles

and then 2 slices of a large Domino's cheeseburger pizza

and then the entire remaining half of the large Domino's thin crust garlic veggie pizza

doing it right :hai:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted:

had them on the burner whipped around from the sink and hit the pan with my spatula.

oh and i also had smoked a bowl beforehand

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Chinatown posted:

a success

Garlic naan??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

no i didnt have any sorry!

dessert is a bag of sour skittles and some fizzy dranks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sirloin tip steak, potato with cottage cheese, normandy blend veggies with a lemon vinaigrette and black pepper.

The sirloin tip turned out ok after marinating for over 24 hours. It's a bit chewy but not too bad and the flavor is good. Not too shabby for like $5-6 for 3 of these sized steaks. I'll consider it again for a cheap lean piece of protein.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Broad bean and garlic purée, slow roasted beetroot with horseradish cream and a nice bit of salmon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:aaaaa:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Torquemada posted:

Broad bean and garlic purée, slow roasted beetroot with horseradish cream and a nice bit of salmon.

2 of the beets, 1/4 of the cream sauce, a good smear of the bean puree on a VERY hot plate with the salmon on top of it.

What you're doing is friggin awesome.
Your ideas? Also awesome.

Plating and combos? "How am I going to eat this with fish on baby food."

I love the idea of cutting the beets with the horseradish.
I think the idea of putting the salmon on a green bed is neat.

I think it looks like a tower of burnt poop with hot sauce and fish on baby puke.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
There you go, now you can barely see it :D

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ham and cheese sandwich with crispy onion bits and honey mustard on a sourdough roll

mustard potato salad plus lots of *fresh ground black pepper*"

i accidentally bought the 3 lb thing of mustard potato salad again on instacart. it said buy it again and I just added it on a whim without noticing it was the 3 lb bucket again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Blackened salmon, teriyaki veggies, baked potato. I put cottage cheese on the potato after the pic because someone said that was bad earlier.

This but without the potato.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
After the work and the gym I spent my last energy to cook chicken korma.

Got some nice chicken thighs and ready made sauce but decided to reinforce it with veggies so chopped an onion, garlic and a can of plum tomatoes and chaos dunked the korma sauce on cooked chicken and veggies. Added some paprika and garam masala and garnished with flat leaf parsley.

Had one tortilla wrap so 360noscoped a plate and now also have another plate for tomorrows dinner. :getin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Long day so just sautéed chicken over a packaged Caesar salad kit.

Anybody else notice how skimpy the bagged kits are with the lettuce lately?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Long day so just sautéed chicken over a packaged Caesar salad kit.

There's usually enough dressing for twice as much lettuce.

And 4.5 croutons.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

yea we always gotta buy an extra head of romaine

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
8 tacos from Taco Bell, expertly tacoed so the taco tacoed the taco. No lettuce. This is not a euphemism about pubes, I don’t give a poo poo about that, I just hate iceberg lettuce.

Edit: removed the typos I noticed

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 15, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sirloin tip steak, potato with cottage cheese, normandy blend veggies with a lemon vinaigrette and black pepper.

The sirloin tip turned out ok after marinating for over 24 hours. It's a bit chewy but not too bad and the flavor is good. Not too shabby for like $5-6 for 3 of these sized steaks. I'll consider it again for a cheap lean piece of protein.

I'm having this again. The last steak of this batch is in the freezer for some time in the future. Potato is in the toaster oven right now. Gonna start up the grill soon.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

There's usually enough dressing for twice as much lettuce.

And 4.5 croutons.

Not gonna lie, I love a sloppy caesar

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Not gonna lie, I love a sloppy caesar

Kids and their sexual innuendo these days

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna try this Kung Pao Chickpea & Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry. I'm going to add a half a marinaded chicken breast because I'm lifting today and will need the protein. I'll post pics if it turns out. Or if it doesn't turn out.

No shame zone up in this bitch.

:justpost:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Attempted to make pizza but hosed up the dough. So I rode my bike over to Jack in The Box and got a bacon DOUBLE cheezebuger and jalap pops.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I miss Jack in the Box. They had the best, most unhealthy, breakfast sandwich ever.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gonna try this Kung Pao Chickpea & Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry. I'm going to add a half a marinaded chicken breast because I'm lifting today and will need the protein. I'll post pics if it turns out. Or if it doesn't turn out.

No shame zone up in this bitch.

:justpost:

Didn't turn out. I over cooked the chicken and undercooked the brussels sprouts. The sauce sucks too. It's grainy somehow.

Two more days of it!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
big burrito from local chain. shredded beef, black and pinto beans, corn salsa, hot salsa, etc

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
For my husband and I it was mozzarella sticks :)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Broke my smoking cherry and smoked a pork butt. Came out good but a little dry. Cholula Mac n cheese and lightly buttered peas as sides.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
corned beef and cabbage. gently caress you ireland you dont get to dictate to me when i get to eat what i want

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
corned beef and cabbage was a thing by irish americans to eat food that was too expensive back in ireland to prove to themselves that they made it here in america

excessive meat consumption to prove to yourself that you made it here in america is actually remarkably recurring. wasps 400 years ago, germans 200 years ago, irishpeeps 150 years ago, italians, jewish peeps, asian peeps...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

corned beef and cabbage. gently caress you ireland you dont get to dictate to me when i get to eat what i want

agreed thats why i eat mexican food all year and not just cinco de drinko :blastu:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dolphin potatoes and Kenjis flap meat recipe and asparagus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bird with big dick posted:

Dolphin potatoes and Kenjis flap meat recipe and asparagus

i'm going to come over there and gobble up your meat flaps and there aint a thing you can do about it

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I usually think scalloped potatoes are pretty lame but these look amazing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pro starcraft loser posted:

I usually think scalloped potatoes are pretty lame but these look amazing.

I spent like literally a decade trying different recipes and never found one that I really liked until this one which I just found a month ago. It's really good. The only modification I've made is I used half gruyere and half manchego though I haven't made it with just gruyere so I don't know for sure if my version is actually better.

https://www.thekitchn.com/dauphinoise-potatoes-recipe-23009449

Most recipes are pretty similar but this one I feel like nails the proportions on all the ingredients and I'm not sure I'd ever simmered the potato slices in the seasoned cream before which I think makes a big difference.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
California Burrito

Yeah bitch its got french fries inside.

Green salsa applied liberally before each bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Schnitzel!