Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

Which episode did Batman bite someone's head off?

I was referring to King Shark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To clarify: an ongoing series where Superman murders heroes and children: AOK

Batman giving oral pleasure to his loved? *FORBIDDEN*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why specifically oral sex? Like, I'd actually understand if it was "no sex at all" because Americans, and some other random nations, are weird and are more okay with kids potentially being exposed to violent media than anything sexual. So it would track that officially depicting superheroes loving could be a marketing faux pas. But just cunnilingus? What? Do they think its weird to eat pussy? What a bunch of weirdos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

Why specifically oral sex? Like, I'd actually understand if it was "no sex at all" because Americans, and some other random nations, are weird and are more okay with kids potentially being exposed to violent media than anything sexual. So it would track that officially depicting superheroes loving could be a marketing faux pas. But just cunnilingus? What? Do they think its weird to eat pussy? What a bunch of weirdos.

Because DC is run by misogynists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anora posted:

I was referring to King Shark.

Yeah, but King Shark is a villain, I disagree with this specific application, but the general rule of "There's things you can show villains doing, but you can't show Batman doing," which was their explanation, I think is fine. A lot of the villains kill people in that show, but it would be wrong to show Batman killing.

I just disagree that cunnilingus belongs in that category, unless it was part of a general rule of not showing Batman having any kind of sex, which I also doubt it is, since he's shown to have sex in plenty of versions.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Which episode did Batman bite someone's head off?
You've got it backwards: Ozzy Osborne bit Batman's head off on-stage a few decades back.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Drakyn posted:

You've got it backwards: Ozzy Osborne bit Batman's head off on-stage a few decades back.

LOL, I read that as "a few days back", and thought Dang, covid is making people do strange things to keep the spotlight on them.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

edit: thought this was the chat thread.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 14, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Really it makes sense, Bruce is a billionaire. Of course he isn't generous.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Really it makes sense, Bruce is a billionaire. Of course he isn't generous.

There is zero chance Catwoman would give the time of day to Batman if he wasn't a drat generous lover and you know it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ImpAtom posted:

There is zero chance Catwoman would give the time of day to Batman if he wasn't a drat generous lover and you know it.
imagine young Bruce Wayne traveling all around the world, except instead of seeking out the world's foremost masters in fighting or detectiving or disguise or escapology or ninjutsu and training under them, its to learn how to gently caress better.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Isn't that just a Patrick Rothfuss novel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FMguru posted:

imagine young Bruce Wayne traveling all around the world, except instead of seeking out the world's foremost masters in fighting or detectiving or disguise or escapology or ninjutsu and training under them, its to learn how to gently caress better.

Still solves crime, but by being the ultimate honeypot for info. Seduces both men and women, if the subject isn't into men, goes all M. Butterfly on them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FMguru posted:

Bruce Wayne realised that to fight crime he must be more than a man - he must become a symbol of everything criminals fear. He just couldn't come up with a good icon to put on the chest of his Better-Than-You-In-Bed-Man uniform, so he went for his second choice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Criminals are a horny and superstitious lot

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but King Shark is a villain, I disagree with this specific application, but the general rule of "There's things you can show villains doing, but you can't show Batman doing," which was their explanation, I think is fine. A lot of the villains kill people in that show, but it would be wrong to show Batman killing.

I just disagree that cunnilingus belongs in that category, unless it was part of a general rule of not showing Batman having any kind of sex, which I also doubt it is, since he's shown to have sex in plenty of versions.

King Shark my be a villain, but he is a protagonist of this show.

Also don't forget Harley Quinn is NOT a show for kids, so this whole "we can't sell toys to kids" point is moot.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Meanwhile in 1987 Michelanieland:

Katie Skelly's strips for The Slutist appear to no longer be online and the Fantagraphics collection of them is out of print, but I assure you that Spider-Man eats rear end in it.

Spidey is the hero we all deserve.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

See, the problem is, if they depict Batman performing oral sex on Catwoman even in a show intended for adults, that information would get out there anyway. People all over the Internet would be talking for days on end about Batman eating out Catwoman. It would be impossible to go online without being made to think about Batman and Catwoman engaging in cunnilingus. It would be all anyone would talk about for quite a while. So instead they nixed it and now no one will know. Mission accomplished.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

How Wonderful! posted:

Meanwhile in 1987 Michelanieland:

Katie Skelly's strips for The Slutist appear to no longer be online and the Fantagraphics collection of them is out of print, but I assure you that Spider-Man eats rear end in it.

Spidey is the hero we all deserve.

I 100% think Peter Parker would be a generous lover and that Wolverine is the most selfish lover on Earth-616.

That said, I think both of them would eat pussy.

Covok fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 15, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Since Peter constantly dates wildly out of his league, one assumes he must just to compensate.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dawgstar posted:

Since Peter constantly dates wildly out of his league, one assumes he must just to compensate.

Peter was off-and-on with Felicia for years and she still kinda has a thing for him. I don't care to speculate on the details, but it's hard to imagine a version of that relationship where Peter doesn't spend entire weekends downtown.

FMguru posted:

There's probably a lot you could learn on the subject in Nanda Parbat.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Wanderer posted:

Peter was off-and-on with Felicia for years and she still kinda has a thing for him. I don't care to speculate on the details, but it's hard to imagine a version of that relationship where Peter doesn't spend entire weekends downtown.

Wasn't "the mask stays on" one of the ground rules for them most of the time though?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thranguy posted:

Wasn't "the mask stays on" one of the ground rules for them most of the time though?

Not an issue:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Thranguy posted:

It can be pulled up to just above the nose if necessary. It's one of the subclauses in their contract.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/english_channel/status/1404922341486964739?s=21

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

Here you go. Let it never be said that I don't' put in the research effort for you people.

NSFW

From Katie Skelly's "Agent 8"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1405480175224168454

ComicsGate is here to save the... lingerie industry?

Covok
May 27, 2013

I mean, that's probably enough to keep Peter's identity a secret. To be honest, covering the top of the head and entire body in spandex probably does a decent enough job making him hard to identify. Heck, so few people ever even see Peter's skin that Peter was able to convince J Jonah Jameson that he was black as a prank (he just wanted to publicy put Jonah on the hotseat as a racist for like a good five minutes before admitting he was just playing) and Jameson has probably seen more pictures of spider-man than anyone else in the world and legitimately fell for it. And that must have persisted because I remember a cop commenting on Miles and saying that he knew Spider-Man was black (though that might have been two different continuities.) Anyway, it's not like you can run facial recognition on him.

I mean, Parker is a nobody in his daily life. He's a freelance photographer who is usually mentioned in a blurb in the back of the newspaper with few friends and family. The largest group of people who know him are probably the homeless people he helps at community centers sometimes and his students from the brief period he was a science teacher. So, even if you couod run facial recognition, you'd need to even think to include this random jagoff from soho that next to nobody knows about.

Fake edit: I literally just scrolled up and realized what y'all are talking about. gently caress it, my argument is still somewhat appropriate.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1405480175224168454

ComicsGate is here to save the... lingerie industry?
I think they're implying that Victoria's Secret main business was creating jerk off material as opposed to lingerie. Because none of the examples posted are lingerie.

And it completely missed the point that VS is "going woke" because it is actually currently going broke because the currently strategy of appeal to dudes with sex appeal only isn't working.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I believe a considerable number of customers at Victoria's Secret are ladies, as well

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, just because they've hired Megan Rapinoe as a consultant doesn't mean they're gonna stop hiring hot women as models. Lesbians like attractive women also.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Also, just because they've hired Megan Rapinoe as a consultant doesn't mean they're gonna stop hiring hot women as models. Lesbians like attractive women also.

My wife and I went to an exhibition match of the US Olympic soccer team a few years ago and the crowd was like 30% parents with their athlete kid daughters who wanted to see their role models, and 70% thirsty lesbians who wanted to see the women do their powerful kicks while drinking cold beer and $8 soft pretzels on a nice summer evening. These guys have such a myopic view of what beauty is and what qualities are attractive in people. But I mean, of course, I imagine the kind of extreme femme competence that makes Rapinoe so compelling to a lot of women is specifically repugnant and terrifying to the kind of guy who gravitates to ComicsGate.

Edit: I should note I follow, like, no sports anymore but it was one of the most fun nights of my life, it was a blast just feeling the energy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Victoria's secret has a problem where they design only for a very narrow segment of body sizes too, which isn't great for the whole getting people to buy your stuff thing

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

How Wonderful! posted:

My wife and I went to an exhibition match of the US Olympic soccer team a few years ago and the crowd was like 30% parents with their athlete kid daughters who wanted to see their role models, and 70% thirsty lesbians who wanted to see the women do their powerful kicks while drinking cold beer and $8 soft pretzels on a nice summer evening.

i hope the lesbians get to watch footy in a crowd again soon... nature is healing

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

How Wonderful! posted:

But I mean, of course, I imagine the kind of extreme femme competence that makes Rapinoe so compelling to a lot of women is specifically repugnant and terrifying to the kind of guy who gravitates to ComicsGate.

I have like, no stake in VS, and I don't follow sports so I don't really know who Megan Rapinoe is, and frankly I don't see what the issue is anyways because it all seems perfectly reasonable to me, but even if I did, trying to start poo poo with a lady who could cave my ribcage in with a single kick seems like a dumb idea? I just don't understand CGers.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

catlord posted:

I have like, no stake in VS, and I don't follow sports so I don't really know who Megan Rapinoe is, and frankly I don't see what the issue is anyways because it all seems perfectly reasonable to me, but even if I did, trying to start poo poo with a lady who could cave my ribcage in with a single kick seems like a dumb idea? I just don't understand CGers.

Most of them genuinely believe that, in any physical altercation with a woman, the man will automatically be the stronger one. It doesn't matter if the man is a pasty orb of dough whose only exercise is getting up to get the pizza, and the woman is an Olympic athlete. They believe they are actually more physically able because they have a Y chromosome.

Sadly, they're rarely willing to have their strength tested against a woman.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/cloybit/status/1406225972727226369?s=20

https://twitter.com/tseng_bird/status/1406373229602631681?s=20

https://twitter.com/elizabethdanger/status/1406215881420533762?s=20

https://twitter.com/tseng_bird/status/1406401213319417856?s=20

Supernova Comic con in Sydney being super great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Seems like a great guy.

https://twitter.com/Kydrasaur/status/1406217954727849984?s=19

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This would have been amazing news to me last year!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/warren-ellis-and-ben-templesmith-to-complete-fell-at-image-comics/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah, Ellis found his hard drive!