Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Fish is fully cooked at 140f guys. We are so hosed I can't wait for the 2012, day after tomorrow, etc movie style death we all are gonna experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Climate change is a myth guys

but gosh it's hot, let's go to Costco and get a fan Gertrude

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If the first large scale wet bulb event happens somewhere in the USA that'd be a hell of a sequence break.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

lol that Texas has had two large scale power crisis events within a six month period. The southwest is hosed and the west coast only slightly less hosed. I bet Arizona will be considered largely uninhabitable by the end of this decade.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

low key sex master posted:

There is nothing in Washington state except fake liberals, meth heads, white supremacists and wine country

at least it's not as bad as California

Signed, an Oregonian
Oregon is nice I absolutely would settle for Oregon, I hear there's a whole bunch of racists in Oregon that's not cool though. When I was in Washington it was just super white and the racism was really hidden and I was happily ignorant. I am not anymore

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the weather is currently surprisingly pleasant in the dirty south

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

interwhat posted:

Any New Mexico goons out there that can confirm it will still be liveable in higher elevation in about ten years? My partner and I want to buy cheap land out there, build a mud house and separate from society almost entirely, but I'm worried it will be too hot to survive there by then
Cheap property in the US interior is entirely land where you can't drill a well, or land where they aren't also selling you the right to drill a well. Any parcel that could remotely sustain life is snapped up immediately for expensive resale to vacation homers, homesteaders, cattle conglomerates, or mineral speculators.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Spinz posted:

Oregon is nice I absolutely would settle for Oregon, I hear there's a whole bunch of racists in Oregon that's not cool though. When I was in Washington it was just super white and the racism was really hidden and I was happily ignorant. I am not anymore

Oregon is one of the most racist states in the country. Portland, the most progressive city, is capital-W white. A whole lotta feel-good lip service without a ton of action. The cops are unbelievably bad.

It's beautiful and largely temperate (for now) though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gonna be a hot one again out there today wow

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

gonna be a hot one again out there today wow

you got that right.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
it’s already a hot one out there today wow

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my cat just hopped out of the windowsill and his fur is hotter than a burrito microwaved for like 9 minutes

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Turn off the air conditioner in my car and start developing a case of bog taint before I even open the door gently caress this

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

97 and sunny out. s'pretty hot

took the dog for a walk and less than halfway through the usual route started pulling me back inside to go sit on the couch in the air conditioning. good dog

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I have the door open today. It's a gorgeous 75f/24 c with a nice cool wind :cool:

It's just a wonderful day!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I have the door open today. It's a gorgeous 75f/24 c with a nice cool wind :cool:

It's just a wonderful day!

:same:

2 more hours of work though

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Chief McHeath posted:

*moves to a literal desert*

"Ugh, god drat it's so loving hot. Why the hell won't this loving grass grow, gently caress. Why is everything brown?"

I've lived in palm desert a few years now and i think I'm actually getting used to the heat which is weird. I used to be miserable just going out for a few minutes but it really doesn't bother me as much anymore. Plus it feels so good when you finally get back inside with the AC and feel it cooling all your sweat. It just sucks you can't really do anything active outside without being completely miserable.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
But on the other hand the winters are amazing. I don't miss ice and snow

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Suck it losers :boom:

Lol check out this heat wave comin up hope I can survive

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol check out this heat wave comin up hope I can survive

Now do this but in January. :twisted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I blame Ra

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to be one of those people who lives in a van following the weather but i'll follow the hottest/coldest weather so i can commiserate with all of the people complaining about the weather

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do we have a cool grillin thread to go with the hot weather???

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 17, 2021

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

gently caress....

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Can someone please explain "dew point" for me, a dullard?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tree Bucket posted:

Can someone please explain "dew point" for me, a dullard?

it is the temperature at which dew appears / would appear

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
the closer the dew point gets to the temperature, the hotter a one it's gonna be out there today, wow

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MackAddie posted:

gently caress....

I'm working a report that features a single family housing rental community in Surprise that's renting entire rear end houses for like $1300/mo and I've been tempted to be like "f it let's ride"

Then I realize it's in Arizona so no, I will not be going there thanks for giving me another reason why

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

I'm working a report that features a single family housing rental community in Surprise that's renting entire rear end houses for like $1300/mo and I've been tempted to be like "f it let's ride"

Then I realize it's in Arizona so no, I will not be going there thanks for giving me another reason why

I've seen those rental houses. You might as well get an apartment. They're small and really close together.

Unless you like heat, chain restaurants and rednecks, don't come to Surprise.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
stay safe sexy alf

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
And you know SEARS will be there to back it up!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

118 degrees in June, I can't wait for August and the crippling drought. The Hohokam were right to peace out of this place.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
So far.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
*wakes up naked with two fans going and checks weather app on phone*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It never stopped being a hot one out there wow

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
looks like another scorcher!

June 4 2021
Jun 4, 2021

by Pragmatica
Americans are like the Brits, its X degrees, I'm dying!

They die because of heat

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

June 4 2021 posted:

Americans are like the Brits, its X degrees, I'm dying!

They die because of heat

Its June 18th today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The one use for large indoor malls is a place for old people to get their exercise during the unbearable summer heat.