Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They should be pink and black checkerboard like some game engines display when the texture is missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The funniest part of the Batman "please think of the children" thing is that almost every kid has made their toys make out or gently caress at some point. It's been a rite of passage for decades.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Platystemon posted:

They should be pink and black checkerboard like some game engines display when the texture is missing.

White and black checkerboard....Ska-ttles.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Batman has in the comics had sex with Catwoman on the rooftops

Also been seen at half chub. Someone decided we the readers needed to see that Batman was circumcised

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Len posted:

Someone decided we the readers needed to see that Batman was circumcised

Batman is canon in Silent Hill?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Comics were better when you had at best implied sex.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Read After Burning posted:

White and black checkerboard....Ska-ttles.

I looked for those in stores but they were all gone; Johnny Quest thinks they sold out.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sorry bud, looks like your Idiot Kings are in agreement: popcorn Jelly Bellys rule.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gaius Marius posted:

Comics were better when you had at the best implied sex.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

King of Foolians posted:

In the US they have *gray* skittles and packaging for their Pride campaign (which I think makes much more sense as “absence of a rainbow” than white).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

See? White's got a rainbow in it!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

See? White's got a rainbow in it!

Only when the misses is out of town

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Len posted:

Also been seen at half chub. Someone decided we the readers needed to see that Batman was circumcised

Was it Kevin Smith?

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've gotten those once or twice, yeah they're good except for the popcorn ones. I'm convinced some weird popcorn fetishist has dirt on the CEO or something, I haven't met a single person who likes the buttered popcorn flavor.

Well I mean the ceo hates queer people so hard that he donated money to anti gay and trans groups and pretty much only sends money to republican PACs so how much worse dirt could they have on him

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Well I mean the ceo hates queer people so hard that he donated money to anti gay and trans groups and pretty much only sends money to republican PACs so how much worse dirt could they have on him

They were Ronald Reagan’s favorite candy and the CEO’s husband killed a family member with a tank in 2015.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

WonkyBob posted:

Was it Kevin Smith?

Brian Azzarello

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DiabloStarCraft posted:

That's not dirt that's "a family man with strong Christian values"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Platystemon posted:

They were Ronald Reagan’s favorite candy and the CEO’s husband killed a family member with a tank in 2015.

You got a link to an article about the tank-fratricide? Sounds wild

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

1redflag posted:

You got a link to an article about the tank-fratricide? Sounds wild

Man dies after being run over by WWII tank on Jelly Belly chairman’s property

It’s the L.A. Times so you may need to use archive.is or whatever to read it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

LA TIMES posted:

Authorities said Brasher was driving the military tank through an open field on the property on Abernathy Road. Wright was a passenger and was sitting on the front edge of the tank, facing inward.

But as the tank traveled down a dirt hill, Wright lost his balance, fell backwards and landed directly in front of the tank.

Drugs and alcohol do not appear to have been a factor in the accident, a CHP official said.

Sometimes you ride the bull, sometimes the bull rides you

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Popcorn jellybeans are a top tier jellybean flavor and anyone who disagrees is my posting enemy for life.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Imagined posted:

Anyone remember those O-Lean chips and what happened if you ate too many of those in one serving?

Uncontrolled anal grease leakage.

subpar anachronism posted:

now they just prescribe it as a diet aid lmao :science:

My then wife used that diet aid, or something that worked similarly. She did not stay on that particular diet bandwagon for long, "eat a certain set of foods or you poo poo yourself uncontrollably" was apparently not sustainable.

1redflag posted:

Sometimes the bull turns you into a greasy smear.

:killdozer:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Monkey posted:

Popcorn jellybeans are a top tier jellybean flavor and anyone who disagrees is my posting enemy for life.

:hai:

e: about the latter part

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Len posted:

Brian Azzarello

That's not so bad, at least he's been making fairly decent comics for a while (though he wrote the screenplay for that awful animated Killing Joke film so the Batcock is the least of his crimes)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

1redflag posted:

Some rich gently caress killed some other rich gently caress, lame

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Picnic Princess posted:

The funniest part of the Batman "please think of the children" thing is that almost every kid has made their toys make out or gently caress at some point. It's been a rite of passage for decades.

I hate you why did you make me do this

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

Whaaat! I need these! This sounds like gum that's okay to chew and swallow entire giant mouthfuls of

Well not *okay* but you know
That's basically what Mentos are.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Knormal posted:

That's basically what Mentos are.

I have this problem where I can house one of those 6 tube rolls of Mentos in an afternoon. I’m not normally much of a candy guy but they’re one of the things I have a weird, giant soft spot for.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have this problem where I can house one of those 6 tube rolls of Mentos in an afternoon. I’m not normally much of a candy guy but they’re one of the things I have a weird, giant soft spot for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPLCK-Dst0

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

That is horrifying. I was not ready for that at all.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Honestly thought this was going to be an LA Beast video of him eating like a thousand of them.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

God, me too. They're so good :negative:

e:

Wow, I got a visceral response of revulsion from that, what the gently caress. the mailbox was the worst part :gonk:

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Jun 17, 2021

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/app_refine/status/1379101638347124744?s=21

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That is horrifying. I was not ready for that at all.

British adverts often used to use a bizarre sense of menace to sell things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wDjWOnHcY

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Well this came recommend right after 😐

https://youtu.be/5LvLn9PWln8

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well, that's unfortunate

Oh jeez, the Dumbo crows and everything

Wait, basketball? How old is this?

Jesus Christ

That concludes my liveblog of the above video

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The 80's in Britain were a very strange time.
I was a child there then and I think I survived ok. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Smash potato mash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E

Lurpak butter man compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdkEcw2jn8

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

If that Softies ad is really making people feel ill it's for the best they also avoid anything made by David Cronenberg.

Helith posted:

The 80's in Britain were a very strange time.
I was a child there then and I think I survived ok. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Smash potato mash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E

Lurpak butter man compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdkEcw2jn8

The Smash ads were great because who doesn't love robots taking the piss out of humans? Pretty sure the Lurpak ads were early Aardman animations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WonkyBob posted:

If that Softies ad is really making people feel ill it's for the best they also avoid anything made by David Cronenberg.

You go into a Cronenberg movie expecting weirdness, that advert could pop up during a commercial break on a Saturday morning kids' show. Although looking back, the Millenium Dustbin and Gilbert the Alien were fairly strange as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

You go into a Cronenberg movie expecting weirdness, that advert could pop up during a commercial break on a Saturday morning kids' show. Although looking back, the Millenium Dustbin and Gilbert the Alien were fairly strange as well.

I'm always prepared for everything to go Cronenberg at a moments notice. Turns out I'm the broken one here folks, sorry.