Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

30.5 Days posted:

The funny thing is I think if he'd just acted normal and then said "no I think I'll keep doing the YouTube videos" he probably could have gotten away with it, but instead he pulled out his camera, accused the hr rep of being jealous of his success and then said he was going to put her up on his YouTube channel regardless of what she wanted

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"honey, i'm quitting my job at facebook to make youtube videos!"

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

If it's satire it is extremely long running and well planned.

My favorite part is how he talks about his kid in past tense, or maybe how he spends 10 minutes describing how much he wishes that realtors and travel agents existed

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lib and let die posted:

A reading from The Book of Reznor:

Bow down before the ones you serve,
You're going to get what you deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lm1FL7gWl4

Since this is a comedy, not a tragedy, we need something a little more upbeat IMO.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lmao: he does an ad read in his car after getting shitcanned.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

:lmao: he does an ad read in his car after getting shitcanned.

rise and grind!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/chriscantino/status/1404517031106383874?s=21

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ban gaming

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Girlfriend was on a huge starbucks kick for a while because starbucks gamified the poo poo out of their mobile app. But now starbucks seems to be out of everything except black coffee and lol if anyone goes to starbucks for anything besides a cup of warm ice cream.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/GravelInstitute/status/1405595990443319296

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If I'm reading this poo poo right, the only way your poo poo is canceled is if the school flat out lies to you/closed while you were there/you're fully disabled permanently/you're working for gov or non profit and have made 120 payments (lol)/some other poo poo about teachers.

Wow, so cool. Not only is it basically none of the actual loan load on the US, but it's limited and the amount of poo poo you still have to qualify and get ok'd with is amazingly obtuse.

Fukken lol, who voted for this dipshit

:guillotine:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Can't wait to be guilted for Biden losing because he cancelled student debt in 2025

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

Can't wait to be guilted for Biden losing because he cancelled student debt in 2025

Pete, being dragged away kicking and screaming, "I told you! I told you all what would happen if we gave billionaires access to college!!!"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lib and let die posted:

Pete, being dragged away kicking and screaming, "I told you! I told you all what would happen if we gave billionaires access to college!!!"

access to affordable college*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cup Runneth Over posted:

access to affordable college*

Access to the idea of what affordable college could look like *

*for billionaires

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it still counts as access when you must pass through a labyrinth filled with deadly traps to reach the requisite forms.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This college was made specifically for you. I am going now to close it.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I wouldn’t trust a college that’s a new grift.
You want one that’s been gritting for at least 100 years. At least some place like Drexel University isn’t going to close up shop halfway thru your $250,000 degree

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_DOCKglsLk

"Dear Black Americans,

Have you tried having money? Try having money."

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

This college was made specifically for you. I am going now to close it.

the diploma of amigara online university

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Becoming a nation of renters would be good. When home owners aren't a viable voting base, we nationalize the housing stock.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The desires of the voters almost never matters in any material sense, but it's a nice idea to imagine.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/wsjrealestate/status/1405917157435789324?s=21

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

30.5 Days posted:

Becoming a nation of renters would be good. When home owners aren't a viable voting base, we nationalize the housing stock.

Lol imagine the government taking literally anything away from the corporations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

I have some bad news about our political system.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I have some bad news about our political system.

lmao the current administration has defined being anti-capitalist as being a domestic terrorist

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao the current administration has defined being anti-capitalist as being a domestic terrorist

does that mean anti capitalists will finally get cia funding?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
this 14 year old kid is going to be sent up for a mandatory life sentence :d2a:

https://twitter.com/TalkTroubled/status/1406683386203279363

quote:

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. – A 12-year-old boy and 14-year-old girl who were staying at the Florida United Methodist Children's Home are in hot water with the criminal justice system after Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said they ran away, broke into a home and shot at deputies with stolen guns Tuesday night.

What You Need To Know
Volusia County Sheriff criticizes group home

Two teens from the group home ran away, broke into a home and fired at deputies

Residents in the area said they've gotten used to seeing kids who've run away from the group home

RELATED: Teen hospitalized after Volusia deputies fire upon while responding to break-in
​The 14-year-old girl was shot by deputies, Chitwood said. Now, the sheriff is raising questions about the group home, calling it a "complete failure and a disgrace," adding that deputies were called out there nearly 300 times in 2020.

“What the hell is the department of juvenile justice doing, sending these kids to places that can’t handle them?" Chitwood asked, following the shooting.

The Department of Children and Families issued a statement indicating that it is thankful that no lives were lost.

"Any violence against law enforcement and any actions that threaten public safety will not be tolerated," the DCF statement said.

"Placement assessments for children in Florida’s foster care system are determined by the community-based organizations based on the child’s needs and placement availability," the DCF statement said. "The Department will continue coordinating with state and community agencies to ensure that the appropriate services are in place for the youth involved in this incident. DCF stands ready to coordinate with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office to hold tDepartment hose involved accountable.”     

Residents in the area said they've gotten used to constantly seeing kids who've run away from the home hiding in cars or boats on their property but that most of those children are not problematic or concerning. Tuesday night's shooting, neighbors agreed, is concerning.

“Things have changed over the years for the children’s home for the whole child protection services and all of that, and he (Chitwood) is right, I think. They’ve got to look at it again and reconsider how they are providing therapy and rehabilitation for these kids," said Claire Radigan, who lives in the area.

In a statement, President and CEO of the Florida United Methodist Children's Home Kitwana McTyer said, “We are child welfare facility, not a secure care facility”, and said this is the result of “the system failing our children."

Attorney David Haas said the juvenile justice system lets judges decide what happens after a child commits a crime.

“It’s much more involved as far the judge taking a look at the young man or young woman in front of them and deciding what would be best to get them to be corrective, rather than punishment,” Haas said.

While halfway houses and group homes, like FUMCH, are designed to rehabilitate, Haas said not every child will get better, some get worse.

“You’re not supposed to put somebody who is going to be incredibly violent into some sort of a group home setting, but my guess is there’s plenty of other kids in there making great strides in these types of settings. But some are just not equipped to handle,” Haas said. "You know, maybe one of these youngsters stumps their attorneys, stumps their parents, stumps the judge and tries to work their way through."

McTyer said it’s the system that's at fault for what happened Tuesday night, saying, “These children are in desperate need of care in the appropriate setting, which is a higher level of care than we provide.”

He said they’re seeing a higher level of kids repeatedly coming through with escalated behaviors and “we simply cannot continue to be everything to everyone.”

This is not the first violent incident to stem from this children’s home this year. In March, Chitwood said a teenager attacked and beat a guard working at the home, he later died.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hate cops so much

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
death to all cops

including Eric Adams and Kamala Harris

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the inequality is so loving obvious. those kids escaped from an abuse factory to go hide out on a plot of land down the street at least ten times the size

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlexMartin/status/1407781180947185679

Wtf? Apparently he was going to be prosecuted for tax evasion so he killed himself.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elman posted:

Wtf? Apparently he was going to be prosecuted for tax evasion so he killed himself.

Hillary Clinton strikes again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Whales around the world suddenly feel a collective sense of relief.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Hillary Clinton strikes again.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Elman posted:

God dammit, one dead man's switch is enough!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Today on the internet I read a bunch of posts where people were mad at someone for buying an apartment. Because she is a cute girl?

Jfc redirect your energy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
bringing back an old argument just to call some girl cute.

weird