Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Rhaka posted:

Goddamnit stinkubus, that is definitely multiple cuts.

I don't think he scratched the surface. Maya still has a play to make, although idk how the gently caress that's going to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
For mobile users the alt text is YISUN VRAMA PRESH.

And the bottom text is THE GLORY, THE TOWER, THE FLAME, THE BEAST, THE DIAMOND, THE BLADE, THE MIND.

Also this owns.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

OhFunny posted:

For mobile users the alt text is YISUN VRAMA PRESH.

And the bottom text is THE GLORY, THE TOWER, THE FLAME, THE BEAST, THE DIAMOND, THE BLADE, THE MIND.

Also this owns.

Bottom text forgot THE SORORITY SISTER

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Rhaka posted:

Goddamnit stinkubus, that is definitely multiple cuts.

Fully continues to be a disappointment, scorn so far justified.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Mottom's pissed off enough she doesn't even need to ride anymore she's just flying.

She can't swiftcast this next spell so she's got to get away from things that could interrupt it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
How much is Jadis aware of the various cycles of the wheel, given that she looked at it from the outside? Does she still know what's going to happen next?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

How much is Jadis aware of the various cycles of the wheel, given that she looked at it from the outside? Does she still know what's going to happen next?

probably. she's the only one left without a title card so she'll likely have a bombshell of her own to drop

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

truth be told THE SORORITY probably isn't a bad epithet for the Voltron of ladies

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thundarr posted:

Creating a star centered on Jag would probably inconvenience him more than most forms of attack. And you could probably make one entirely out of Dave's concentrated anger!

Tigtone was definitely Royal

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Brought To You By posted:

I thought the Aspected Chaos was the bearer of the word FOOL

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Thundarr posted:

Dave has gone full DBZ, moving so fast all you see is afterimages.

And I'm glad to see grampa and stinky tag teaming, but even if you guys break that arm he's got at least 99 more.

severely flashing back to MW4 when people would cry if you were to leg them

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IMJack posted:

truth be told THE SORORITY probably isn't a bad epithet for the Voltron of ladies

They need to challenge Jagganoth to a drinking contest.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
he's straightedge

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

THE GLORY, THE TOWER, THE FLAME, THE BEAST, THE DIAMOND, THE BLADE, THE MIND. YOUR LATTES ARE READY.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

THE GORY, THE TOWEL, THE FLAKE, THE BEES, THE TALMUD, THE BLABE? THE MINECRAFT. YOUR LATTES ARE READY.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

panama

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Oxxidation posted:

probably. she's the only one left without a title card so she'll likely have a bombshell of her own to drop

Hell, she's basically done nothing since
KILL
SIX
BILLION
DEMONS

Definitely going to be a banger, top 10 most metal pages

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I thought the Aspected Chaos was the bearer of the word FOOL

I

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It's kinda weird but I'm not actually like... feeling the recent updates?

I'm not sure what's happening, really, I don't expect much if anything to come of it, I don't know why Mattom is suddenly young again and don't really care. I was excited for Gog but then I guess she is just a wall, and...

I don't know, I kinda feel like we haven't actually had anything happen in a while, even though a lot of stuff is clearly going on you know?

It all just feels kinda meaningless.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm not sure what's happening, really, I don't expect much if anything to come of it, I don't know why Mattom is suddenly young again and don't really care. I was excited for Gog but then I guess she is just a wall, and...

I don't know, I kinda feel like we haven't actually had anything happen in a while, even though a lot of stuff is clearly going on you know?

I mean that’s fair. It’s a cool fight scene signifying nothing other than spectacle. If you’re not into that you’re not into that.

My own reaction is not too dissimilar. I check in to nod, say “sick”, possibly pocket some ideas for playing Exalted and then move on. At least right now.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that this comic is designed to be read as one work, like in a completed comic book. These last pages are almost all incredibly well-crafted spectacle meant to highlight the power of the demiurges etc, and it's likely an incredibly experience when read all in one go. Trouble is, spectacle doesn't quite work as well when it's drip-fed to you over weeks and months.

Like we can speculate and argue about why Mottom is young and why Gog-Agog turned into a huge wall, but for somebody reading the completed work, they'd notice these things, ask themselves why they're happening, only to likely have those questions answered before the wow-factor of the spectacle has the chance to wear off. The problem for us who are along for the ride is that we have far too much time to question why things are happening, which makes the events feel arbitrary.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 17, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DarkCrawler posted:

Hell, she's basically done nothing since
KILL
SIX
BILLION
DEMONS

Definitely going to be a banger, top 10 most metal pages

I've got another bad prediction that's going to be wrong

What does Jadis want? She wants to die, right? Her existence is torture. She's seen the future- or a future- that probably ends with Jagganoth giving her what she wants. If this timeline starts to play out differently, she might try to get it back on track.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
idk on the cover she's walking around and smiling so who the gently caress knows? there's also the shadow form, it's crazed

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The only thing I'm not feeling is the whole "this has all happened before and will happen again" over just an individual story, but that might be because Battlestar Galactica poisoned me on it irrevocably. I have no problems with the action though, just a whole lot of GODDAMN

Also I am still kinda chaffed we didn't get a book per demiurge but then again that is because I don't want this thing to end.

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that this comic is designed to be read as one work, like in a completed comic book. These last pages are almost all incredibly well-crafted spectacle meant to highlight the power of the demiurges etc, and it's likely an incredibly experience when read all in one go. Trouble is, spectacle doesn't quite work as well when it's drip-fed to you over weeks and months.

Like we can speculate and argue about why Mottom is young and why Gog-Agog turned into a huge wall, but for somebody reading the completed work, they'd notice these things, ask themselves why they're happening, only to likely have those questions answered before the wow-factor of the spectacle has the chance to wear off. The problem for us who are along for the ride is that we have far too much time to question why things are happening, which makes the events feel arbitrary.

Agree with this though, better with re-reads.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

WE

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

I've got another bad prediction that's going to be wrong

What does Jadis want? She wants to die, right? Her existence is torture. She's seen the future- or a future- that probably ends with Jagganoth giving her what she wants. If this timeline starts to play out differently, she might try to get it back on track.

jadis has absolute omniscience. saying that she'll "try" to do anything ascribes a force of motive that she's no longer really capable of

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah the moment she saw the wheel every subsequent step of her life was circumscribed. She arguably no longer possesses any volition of her own. But she's still perhaps the greatest magic user their multiverse has ever seen so even as a philosophical zombie she's a force to reckon with

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah the moment she saw the wheel every subsequent step of her life was circumscribed. She arguably no longer possesses any volition of her own. But she's still perhaps the greatest magic user their multiverse has ever seen so even as a philosophical zombie she's a force to reckon with

I'm still wondering if at some point things aren't going to go the way they should according to what she saw, which is what's going to serve as the catalyst for her busting out of her paperweight as she realizes that she might have something like free will again, or at least the illusion of it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Bussamove posted:

I'm still wondering if at some point things aren't going to go the way they should according to what she saw, which is what's going to serve as the catalyst for her busting out of her paperweight as she realizes that she might have something like free will again, or at least the illusion of it.

i figure if wheelsight is what's got jadis all locked up, the easiest way to unlock her would be to take the wheel out of the picture.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Trebuchet King posted:

i figure if wheelsight is what's got jadis all locked up, the easiest way to unlock her would be to take the wheel out of the picture.

and hit someone with it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that achewood edit of jadis thinking about the wheel as philippe's mickey mouse pancake but with an added two panels of ray pulling it out of the thought bubble and then suplexing it onto her with the yell "i am ruude"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

When did she see the wheel? Before or after Zoss grabbed it and gave it a spin?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

When did she see the wheel? Before or after Zoss grabbed it and gave it a spin?

yes

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

She saw the Wheel, which means she was not subject to petty chronological concerns.

She was, however, subjected to more than petty eyeball trauma and general depersonalization. So it goes!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
She's still got qualia, though, so she's not a p-zombie. Just EXTREMELY Calvanist.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that every single pair of eyes Gog has in her many faces is looking directly at Jaggs but I feel like it's worse. It somehow makes the nightmare scenario of being inside the World of Gog that much worse.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bussamove posted:

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that every single pair of eyes Gog has in her many faces is looking directly at Jaggs but I feel like it's worse. It somehow makes the nightmare scenario of being inside the World of Gog that much worse.

What, you think the eyes are bad?

Have you not noticed the tendrils/columns of Gog-faces that are descending to bite Jagganoth?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

that achewood edit of jadis thinking about the wheel as philippe's mickey mouse pancake but with an added two panels of ray pulling it out of the thought bubble and then suplexing it onto her with the yell "i am ruude"

Hell yess

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Three turns! Three wheels! Three BILLION demons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

oh boy oh geez do NOT read gunnerkrigg.