Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

france, belgum at least rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

stab posted:

So which teams besides Italy are not poo poo rn

France

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Yeah I guess Blegum

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug

stab posted:

blegum

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

stab posted:

England, France and Belgium

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Akbar posted:

don't these freaks prefer mayonnaise?

Freedumfries are with mayo, yeah

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah I guess Blegum

as long as KDB is on the pitch at least, they looked toothless without him today

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

vyelkin posted:

as long as KDB is on the pitch at least, they looked toothless without him today

yeah, this seems like a single point of failure atm. so as long as he isn't murdered during the Finland game, blegum will be fine

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
still a successful game by austrian standards because nobody was caught yelling racist poo poo into the camera

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm glad Netherlands managed not to funnel the maple leafs for this game and blow a 2 goal lead

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fell asleep to the sounds of the 2nd half - feel relaxed

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Still thinking about first 45 of Denmark - Belgium

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

hosed up if true

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Its true

Its drat true

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

England, France and Belgium

ye I'm kinda down with France > Belgium > England > Italy > Germany right now, which is a boring tournament for a while but hopefully the end result is good

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
belgium isn't good thread sorry

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the belge are always somehow less than the sum of the parts

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Italy look so much better than Belgium. I know they have an easier group or whatever but they’re just so much less sloppy. And poo poo they’re just drat fun to watch and I hope they do well (by losing to England in the final)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jakabite posted:

Italy look so much better than Belgium. I know they have an easier group or whatever but they’re just so much less sloppy. And poo poo they’re just drat fun to watch and I hope they do well (by losing to England in the final)

My dad might divorce my mom even though they've been married for 40 years. It would be that bad.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If England win the group who do we Play potentially

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

If England win the group who do we Play potentially

Germany, Portugal or France. It’s not ideal tbh.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I think we could have Germany tbh

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

France quite scary

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I heard it's home games pretty much all the way, is that true?

It'd be so good if England made it to the final so that the trophy's technically home and all they need to do is keep it there but then they gently caress it up and it ends up leaving home

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lex Neville posted:

It'd be so good if England made it to the final so that the trophy's technically home and all they need to do is keep it there but then they gently caress it up and it ends up leaving home

It wouldn’t be good. It wouldn’t be good at all. It would be bad!!!!!!!!!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Lex Neville posted:

She goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching her handkerchief...

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Belges with KDB looked impressive, I hope they get their championship and then stfu forever

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

rear end cobra posted:

Belges with KDB looked impressive, I hope they get their championship and then stfu forever

sorry it’s Italy’s year

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

vyelkin posted:

More Christian Eriksen news:

I guess it proves one thing, doctors love attending football matches

Feedback from my wife who is an ED doctor is that this certainly doesn't make the Danish team doctor look very good, especially since a young athlete collapsing due to cardiac arrest is not that uncommon, and is definitely something a sports doctor should be prepared to deal with.
Good thing this guy moved fast.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lex Neville posted:

belgium isn't good thread sorry

*checks the FIFA/Coca Cola World Ranking* o rly?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

peanut- posted:

Germany, Portugal or France. It’s not ideal tbh.

it's... not coming home?

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

it's... not coming home?

Does it ever?

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

as I contemplate the real possibility of being allowed to venture out today, let's see what old man football has to offer...

Slovakia vs Sweden, a yellow team consisting of mostly sandbags and a striker. Potentially interesting unless they all melt before kick off and Slovakia scores a few times. Unlikely.

Croatia - Czech republic... potentially slavic football, hoping for some more Schick plays.

England - Scotland, it'll end about as gracefully as Mary Queen of Scots severance.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

From what I've seen so far im making a punt that there will be a France - Italy match this tourney and the winner of that takes the lot. Only other teams that looked like they could disrupt these two are England and Belgum but they are not as good imo

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Lex Neville posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9699017/UEFA-warns-Euros-final-AWAY-Wembley-HUNGARY.html

It's not coming home OP

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

dex_sda posted:

From what I've seen so far im making a punt that there will be a France - Italy match this tourney and the winner of that takes the lot. Only other teams that looked like they could disrupt these two are England and Belgum but they are not as good imo

Portugal have a strong team and if Ronald turns up they can beat anyone, otherwise I think you're probably right

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Getting hyped for the match today. :scotland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T68AXsUAEI

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
It's Isaks time to shine. Also looking forward to hamsik and schick ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Paperhouse posted:

Portugal have a strong team and if Ronald turns up they can beat anyone, otherwise I think you're probably right

yeah i mean its a knockout tourney and anything can happen, and ronald only needs one when he's on so portugal is a good shout, but there is a big step down in quality from france (sick individual talent all over) and italy (some of the most intelligent, interesting football ive seen in an NT) so far. belgium are inconsistent, portugal are lacking the creativity in the final passes, and england didn't show anything really special, just played good against a disappointing croatia. lol at anyone else.

we'll see today how england look, they could be a contender if they get into the tourney mentality.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 18, 2021