Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sickly Cocks is my new band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Platystemon posted:

How is that not a textbook case of doxxing?

Because he was connected to his username via shilling for the companies his posting defended and supported, by someone who worked with/knew him in real life. The yearbook thing was to confirm they weren't pinning the name to the wrong person, and it's not like they revealed his address or social security number or anything. It's also in the public interest to know he was likely getting paid to disparage Sanders' healthcare plans.

For the plague thing, obviously it was a different infection entirely, but there was effective variolation against smallpox going on 3 centuries before in China.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crain posted:

Dudes not just being dumb, but doing some stupid "trap sprung" about how we survived the Black Death without vaccines. Just ignoring the insane death toll, the fact that the Black Death surged around Europe for 300 years before finally subsiding, and the general "magic thinking makes me special and smart" poo poo.

Also you can't vaccinate against a bacterial disease.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

learnincurve posted:

I have planning permission with the house to keep 8 chickens (no cockerels is mentioned numerous times and they go into great detail explaining what one is) and what’s stopping me is the idea of what do do with them when the end comes or they stop laying because I just couldn’t you know
When they go off their lay you do nothing you're keeping them as pets not a professional farmer.

Get four - six chickens, then in a couple years get a couple more (and look up flock introduction). Then get new chickens as old ones die. You'll have a steady supply of eggs and fat happy chicken blorbs. If one gets sick or old enough that you decide their quality of life is cruelty level you can either do the thing or take them to a vet for the big sleep, depending on sadness vs budget.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ReidRansom posted:

Also you can't vaccinate against a bacterial disease.

Yes you can, typhoid and typhus for example.

Edit: \/\/\/ I don't know, I still think if it's in the public interest, it's more holding someone accountable. His tweets were showing up on cable news, he was bilking people for a patreon, and he was doing interviews for "resistance" websites.

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Jun 17, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Because he was connected to his username via shilling for the companies his posting defended and supported, by someone who worked with/knew him in real life. The yearbook thing was to confirm they weren't pinning the name to the wrong person, and it's not like they revealed his address or social security number or anything. It's also in the public interest to know he was likely getting paid to disparage Sanders' healthcare plans.

Cool motive. Still doxxing.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yes you can, typhoid and typhus for example.

Also tuberculosis.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ah for some reason I thought vaccine as a term was specific to viruses. Guess I'm the idiot this time.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Soysaucebeast posted:

As someone who used to play Risk a lot with my dad, no one who plays Risk thinks it's reflective of actual strategy. Also no one plays Risk anymore.

Also also fun fact about my Risk-playing dad, they used to have a house rule that if you lost a country you'd have to run down the apartment stairs, run around the building, jump over the grill outside, and run back up by a certain time limit. That's what they had to do to make the dang game entertaining and I'm sure being hopped up on coke in the 80's didn't hurt.

Some friends of mine in Austin would have two large teams of people at two different tables, one half playing Risk and the other playing Monopoly, and each team would use the proceeds from a game of Monopoly to pay for their military campaigns.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If your military campaign is a money sink, you’re doing it wrong.

Now I want to play a game that simulates the MIC.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dynastocles posted:

Some friends of mine in Austin would have two large teams of people at two different tables, one half playing Risk and the other playing Monopoly, and each team would use the proceeds from a game of Monopoly to pay for their military campaigns.

We never actually played it, but a few friends and I once made vague plans for a summer game of "Marathon Risk", where battles would be played out as games of Stratego instead of dice rolls, with various handicaps based on dice pool size.

We hadn't heard about Axis & Allies yet by that point in our lives.

nightchild12
Jan 8, 2005
hi i'm sexy

dregan posted:

Ha, I had the same thought, and lo:

I like this, but I don't think you went far enough.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Platystemon posted:

If your military campaign is a money sink, you’re doing it wrong.

Now I want to play a game that simulates the MIC.

There's "War on Terror", where you can use oil money to fund terrorists if you don't want to go to war directly

It also comes with a ski mask that has the word EVIL stitched across the forehead

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

There's "War on Terror", where you can use oil money to fund terrorists if you don't want to go to war directly

It also comes with a ski mask that has the word EVIL stitched across the forehead

War on terror is a surprisingly good board game, considering they made it just for the joke of having a game called "War on Terror" where the win condition is controlling the oil. It also has a spinning arrow named THE AXIS OF EVIL that you occasionally spin to determine who is the terrorists right now. (They get to wear the ski mask)

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

I think this is funny but it also gives me a sort of sinking feeling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We really need some sort of retirement home for self identified comedians where they can tweet and we don't have to listen to them.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Isn't that just Twitter?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MoodyKnowsNada/status/1405277158344302593?s=19

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Have these people seen the old timey drawings/illustrations of early innoculation? As soon as humans figured out they could die less they were snorting scabs and poking cow pus into themselves, people in the olden days were desperate for anything to improve survival because a vaccine-free world sucks

nightchild12 posted:

I like this, but I don't think you went far enough.

This is very cute

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

I laughed so hard at this I farted and then came.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Bismuth posted:

Have these people seen the old timey drawings/illustrations of early innoculation?

I can’t say I have either. I thought people in general were rather sceptic of inoculation at that time. Germ theory hadn’t been widely understood yet by the general public, and some form of the four humours formed most people’s view on sickness and health.
I’d love to be proven wrong with some sick rear end 19th century etchings though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/barrybongss2/status/1405345338941190144?s=19

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1405620797209600001?s=19

Racists would rather deny themselves another paid holiday than see other people celebrating

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

For the plague thing, obviously it was a different infection entirely, but there was effective variolation against smallpox going on 3 centuries before in China.

West Africa, too. https://royalsociety.org/blog/2020/10/west-africans-and-the-history-of-smallpox-inoculation/

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

grittyreboot posted:

Racists would rather deny themselves another paid holiday than see other people celebrating

Wait you get Juneteenth paid?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Len posted:

Wait you get Juneteenth paid?

Biden's declaring it a federal holiday

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

It's a federal holiday now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Neat, maybe 2022 my gracious job creators will give us that as a paid day off. I guess it's going to depend on if the ltl freight carriers take the day

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Biden's declaring it a federal holiday

Lmao, my job just sent an email saying "If you would like to observe Juneteenth please contact your manager to make arraignments to accommodate missed work. You may use PTO for the time off or your floating 'Holiday' charge [Which is what they turned Columbus Day into last year] ."

Like....I can just loving use PTO for anything, that's not a loving holiday. Maybe next year they'll add it but not this year.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

We really need some sort of retirement home for self identified comedians where they can tweet and we don't have to listen to them.

Worst part is he was a successful comedian. He was a regular on BBC1's comedy sports quiz "They Think It's All Over" for years. It was basically the sports equivalent of "Never Mind The Buzzcocks," with Gary Lineker and some cricket bloke as the team captains, Hurst and Rory McGrath as the regular comedians, then a different guest on each team each week. I don't know if Hurst was always a right-wing rear end in a top hat, or if something broke his brain.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Such Fun posted:

I can’t say I have either. I thought people in general were rather sceptic of inoculation at that time. Germ theory hadn’t been widely understood yet by the general public, and some form of the four humours formed most people’s view on sickness and health.
I’d love to be proven wrong with some sick rear end 19th century etchings though

There were skeptics, same as nowadays. Only they claimed things like the cowpox vaccine would mutate you into a cowperson, which is way cooler than 5g.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1405610781471825921?s=19

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1405332870751670273

the person being referenced is osama's niece

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

So . . . he is saying that white people shouldn't celebrate the end of slavery, right?

Quiet part loud and all that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Democrats did thing, thing now bad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

grittyreboot posted:

Summer doesn't start until the 20th you loving buffoon

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is... Is summer sacrosanct, now? Can there be but one holiday?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Brawnfire posted:

Just give it a couple more decades and I'm sure 10 of the 12 months will be the "Christmas Season".

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Nobody tell this guy about Labor Day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
June nineteenth is part of spring. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
There’s a 104 days of summer vacation before Labor Day comes along just to end it.