Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Mr. Fix It posted:

i doubt the creators were big on thanksgiving airport ep either since it can't be canonical without being completely inconsistent with later depictions of peggy's mother

This means the ep where they go to Montana is wrong, not the airport ep. And what is inconsistent about it? Peggy's mom is rude in the airport ep too. What's inconsistent is the mono episode where Peggy and her mom are living in Texas.

I hate the ZZ Top episode too that's def in my bottom 5. Others are

Ms. Wakefield
The one where Hank is scared of bats (I remember watching this new on TV and thinking, yeah I might be done with this series)
The one with the real Rusty Shackleford because they ruined the joke by making it the point of an entire episode
uhhh idk the one where Bobby befriends those three girls who just play with him? (I think this is the last season, a lot of clunkers in there)

I don't hate edumacating Lucky the episode but I do hate Peggy for her actions in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh gently caress, manger babies is on my bottom 5 just for having to listen to her do the voices.

wot wot

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh this looks fun.

Bill Gathers Moss: I think it's one thing for Bill to make his own bad choices and be stubborn about them, but Hank in my eyes comes off as dumb as Bill in what he demands of Bill. The end is kind of funny but I find myself more irritated by what I'm watching than amused by it.

Hank's Bully: This episode is not very funny. It feels like a poor attempt at some sort of anti-humor.

Educating Lucky: Peggy just gets taken to a really mean level that affected the way I looked at her character and re-evaluated her past actions.

Mrs. Wakefield: This just isn't a good vibes episode for me. It makes me sad.

Reborn to Be Wild: Hank sucks in this episode.

Honorable mention.

The Good Buck: The way everyone ends up only coming to Bible study to perv on Luanne is pretty gross and while I know it's the point I just don't like it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The one where hank gets the cat and ruins the family vacation isnt very good

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nooner posted:

The one where hank gets the cat and ruins the family vacation isnt very good

poo poo. I forgot all about that one and yeah it's a real stinker.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
KOTH is a great show, but there was absolutely a lot of bad episodes. Any episode that revolves around some kind of political strawmans come to mind. They always make me feel uncomfortable about watching the show tbh. That and some of later episodes can be really incoherent, like in that way that every new episode of the simpsons is now. Still way more watchable than the new simpsons by leagues but I think there wasn't as much care as there was in the earlier episodes.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s a meh episode but there’s some great lines in it.

Hank: “Is everyone a DJ?!”

Enrique: “They put salmon in the tacos Hank! Salmon!”

Peggy, to a hipster in her car: “I’ll crack the windows for you.”

the part where they try to scare people away from buying a house and bill pretends he's a sex offender is a moment i think about constantly

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TheKingslayer posted:

Honorable mention.

The Good Buck: The way everyone ends up only coming to Bible study to perv on Luanne is pretty gross and while I know it's the point I just don't like it.

I forgot about that scene, you're not wrong!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I have no idea how anyone could poo poo on season 1 when it has episodes like the boggle tournament or the sex ed one. I wouldn't put any of the season 1 episodes anywhere near the bottom 5. The characters aren't as well developed, although they do feel truer to whole "working class Texans" premise than in the later seasons.

Zeniel posted:

KOTH is a great show, but there was absolutely a lot of bad episodes. Any episode that revolves around some kind of political strawmans come to mind. They always make me feel uncomfortable about watching the show tbh. That and some of later episodes can be really incoherent, like in that way that every new episode of the simpsons is now. Still way more watchable than the new simpsons by leagues but I think there wasn't as much care as there was in the earlier episodes.

That episode about protesting, I don't remember the name, is super jorpy.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 18, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/hwinkler4real/status/1405627935017431043

Relevant to the current 'bad episode' discussion

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

"Come on, Mr. Hill. We've all used drugs. Even the president."

Hank Hill: "Not my president. I voted for Dole. Only drugs he's on are painkillers. And he earned it."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Petriot Act might be my least favorite episode but I do like Bill getting a happy story.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I have no idea how anyone could poo poo on season 1 when it has episodes like the boggle tournament or the sex ed one. I wouldn't put any of the season 1 episodes anywhere near the bottom 5. The characters aren't as well developed, although they do feel truer to whole "working class Texans" premise than in the later seasons.

I thought some episodes I don't like that are in season 2 were season 1. It's been a while since I watched them by season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

"24 Hour Propane People" absolutely sucks. Buck gets banned from a strip club and spends the rest of the episode being an insufferable, sadistic rear end in a top hat (as opposed to most other episodes where he is a lovable, hugely entertaining rear end in a top hat). The episode is about as fun as a hostage situation.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like a few things about that episode. They correctly diagnose Hank as at least a suburbs slicker. Peggy dad homespun nonsense. Bobby making friends with a horse.

fake edit: It was weird that they retconned Peggy mom but it wasn't like she was a major character and it's still ultimately a cartoon

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

The Moon Monster posted:

Which protesting episode? The one where Hank fakes caring about an environmental cause to save his own rear end some embarrassment?

Or the one where he shits on Bobby for protesting a real issue at the school in which Bobby is helping other people live better lives in the face of an actual conspiracy among the school leadership.

When my wife and I watch we have to remind ourselves often that there are no heroes in KOTH.

It does make me remember the “Sally” episode and that Wings’ Live and Let Die was the perfect soundtrack to the flashback. The song selection was crazy good on the show

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
season one has a couple shaky episodes, and the writers clearly hadn't nailed down the characters yet, but there are a lot of great episodes i forgot were that early the last time i watched through it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I was dead wrong about season 1. There aren't even many episodes actually in that season.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
"The clock at the bank once said 110 degrees!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cosmik Slop posted:

"24 Hour Propane People" absolutely sucks. Buck gets banned from a strip club and spends the rest of the episode being an insufferable, sadistic rear end in a top hat (as opposed to most other episodes where he is a lovable, hugely entertaining rear end in a top hat). The episode is about as fun as a hostage situation.

I actuallky have no memoery of this episode. I wonder... if I've missed one

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Milo and POTUS posted:

I actuallky have no memoery of this episode. I wonder... if I've missed one

buck turns Strickland into cold stone creamery but for propane

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I never actively disliked an episode, save for getting bored with the show overall in its final season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
TO THE FLOWERS OF TIME!!! has been running through my head since the last Talking Simpsons mentions the episode its from.

Also I cannot remember what episode Ms Wakefield is.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

namlosh posted:

Which protesting episode? The one where Hank fakes caring about an environmental cause to save his own rear end some embarrassment?

Or the one where he shits on Bobby for protesting a real issue at the school in which Bobby is helping other people live better lives in the face of an actual conspiracy among the school leadership.

When my wife and I watch we have to remind ourselves often that there are no heroes in KOTH.

It does make me remember the “Sally” episode and that Wings’ Live and Let Die was the perfect soundtrack to the flashback. The song selection was crazy good on the show

Both honestly but I was thinking of the latter.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bobby’s voice and antics get on my nerves, even when I was watching 20 years ago

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s because I was more like him than I would otherwise admit

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I never actively disliked an episode, save for getting bored with the show overall in its final season.

I wouldn't say there's any episode that's unwatchable. But if there is a best there has to be a worst.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Starting in season 9 there are more bad episodes than good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did they change directors? at about that point it's like the voice actors were given direction to over act or something. even judge does it, it's weird

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I envy you all with Hulu or just a reliable way to watch it. This may sound very Hank-like, but I prefer legally to watch it.

Why the gently caress isn't it on Disney+ in Canada?! :psyduck:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

did they change directors? at about that point it's like the voice actors were given direction to over act or something. even judge does it, it's weird

Greg Daniels was less involved in the later seasons. That's also why there are so many 'Hank versus Liberal strawman' episodes toward the end.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I envy you all with Hulu or just a reliable way to watch it. This may sound very Hank-like, but I prefer legally to watch it.

You're right, that does sound very Hank-like.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

You're right, that does sound very Hank-like.

I know there was a joke about having the written consent of the NFL somewhere.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I know there was a joke about having the written consent of the NFL somewhere.

Hank : "You can't just pick and choose which laws to follow. Sure I'd like to tape a baseball game without the express written consent of major league baseball, but that's just not the way it works."

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dangit Peggy, if we don't pay for these programs, we might as well move to Oklahoma and get Lady Bird her own Instagram page.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well in this case....New Foundland?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hank would totally be the type to watch a baseball game and after the fact as well

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yea, i would KILL to be able to binge KOTH when I was in quarantine recently. I've heard the reason it isn't on Star is Global has the rights to KOTH in Canada, both streaming and broadcast and they don't give a gently caress so they won't show it and are more than happy to sit on the rights.

And yea I totally would prefer to watch things legally.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, i would KILL to be able to binge KOTH when I was in quarantine recently. I've heard the reason it isn't on Star is Global has the rights to KOTH in Canada, both streaming and broadcast and they don't give a gently caress so they won't show it and are more than happy to sit on the rights.

And yea I totally would prefer to watch things legally.

poo poo, VPN that poo poo. If ethics is a concern Its a fair rung above torrenting or illegitimate streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
The only place I could find it before it ended up back on Hulu was Youtube, where the seasons were available for purchase, so I just bought them all there.

It might have improved since I last looked but I wasn't able to find any filez that were good quality/complete.