Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

Doug Bowser talked a bit about New Horizons when speaking to the Verge.

"33 million islands" that is a massive number of people that purchased this game. Now I know that doesn't mean 33 million copies sold, however, its only one save per switch & Nintendo account, so its pretty close.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jet Jaguar posted:

Doug Bowser talked a bit about New Horizons when speaking to the Verge.

translation: we will release a new item on January 1st for the Year of the Tiger and then forget about it forever

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I said come in! posted:

"33 million islands" that is a massive number of people that purchased this game. Now I know that doesn't mean 33 million copies sold, however, its only one save per switch & Nintendo account, so its pretty close.

They’ve definitely sold nearly 33 million copies as of March 31st. It’s getting close to unseating Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as top seller on the console.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I honestly keep forgetting this game was a massive seller, I really hope that means they are still dedicating some resorces to it! I'd buy a paid dlc in an instant!

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Imagine the money they’d make if you could pay to have a second island on the same console

(I don’t know how feasible it would actually be and would prob require a lot of space but still, it’d beat constantly being tempted to grab a second hand Switch Lite just so I can make Bear Island)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I'd like a little second island I could travel to by a little boat off the pier, that I could decorate up in different styles. Like maybe I could pick a season for it to be there, and I could pop over to the winter island when I wanted to see snow. That'd be nice. It could have an NPC or two of its own.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Yeah, it would be nice if they provided more space. Maybe make 4th levels possible. I have no idea how feasible that is, though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It'd be nice to have a second island so my wife and I can have different islands. I can't do any of the infrastructure stuff, I have to force her to do it all.

(Or at least one island per Nintendo account, instead of one per system.)

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Eiba posted:

Oh, Happy Home Designer does have that feel. You start with access to a small batch of furniture, and whenever you do a new house it gives you access to new furniture that might fit the requested theme. Villagers have different requests and you can chose which to do strategically. You want more cute foods? Talk to a villager who wants a restaurant themed house. You can go back to old builds and update them with new furniture, I think. There are also some central civic buildings, like a cafe and a school that you might want to go back to and update when you get new furniture from requests.

So it doesn't have the longevity or piecemeal excitement of collecting furniture one at a time, but it's definitely conscious of the various elements that make getting stuff in Animal Crossing feel good.

To be honest, putting it as piecemeal is a better perspective for me to say that I only enjoy the collection aspect because it creates a random arrangement of items from which I get a lot of joy out of making items that seem at odds with each other be complimentary. Even more, my best themes/stagings have all come from backstories I create when contemplating how I would enjoy using an item(s) I otherwise don’t “get”. I love the feeling of having everything click and throwing together a new theme suited to the loose narrative I have going.

Sooo that game sounds perfect, as it’ll take that rather arduous routine of mine and create the circumstances for me, and I love the idea of how you come across new items, where it’s not completely random chance. I’m so grateful you’ve made me aware of this THANK YOU!!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Redd's here today with:

a fake Quaint Painting
a real Basic Painting
a real Great Statue
blue Oil Barrels
green Heart Doorplates

Also, Turnips are 125 bells for the next hour.

Dodo Code is in the other thread.

Stop on by, feel free to help yourself to fruit if you need it.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 18, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

W.T. Fits posted:

Redd's here today with:

a fake Quaint Painting
a real Basic Painting
a real Great Statue
blue Oil Barrels
green Heart Doorplates

Thank you for the Basic Painting!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

W.T. Fits posted:

Redd's here today with:

a fake Quaint Painting
a real Basic Painting
a real Great Statue
blue Oil Barrels
green Heart Doorplates

I’m coming for that basic painting, I hope nobody got it yet! I’ll leave you some gifts as a thanks.

Edit: loving HELL, POQUE!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m coming for that basic painting, I hope nobody got it yet! I’ll leave you some gifts as a thanks.

Edit: loving HELL, POQUE!

Sorry! I have extras of Warrior Statue, Twinkling Painting, Scary Painting, Quaint Painting, Serene Painting, Common Painting and Jolly Painting if you're looking for those though!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Also, forgot to mention in my previous post, the pipe by Resident Services leads back to Redd's beach.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poque posted:

Sorry! I have extras of Warrior Statue, Twinkling Painting, Scary Painting, Quaint Painting, Serene Painting, Common Painting and Jolly Painting if you're looking for those though!

I have all of those. I got the Great Statue as a consolation prize.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Are we enemies now :ohdear:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poque posted:

Are we enemies now :ohdear:

I don’t want you to show up to my house dressed like Sonic the Hedgehog or some poo poo, so no.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Haji posted:

Sahara is here and Sandy is in boxes if you want her. It's also snowing right now so if you missed any winter fish, feel free to come fishing. Help yourselves to anything. There are also snowflakes you can catch and snowmen you can talk to. I'll either be afk or fishing. I'll be open for at least 3 hours.

Closed

Haji fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 18, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Closing up Varmheim for now. Might open up again later on this evening if people still have turnips they need to unload (prices are now 127 per turnip).

Thanks to everyone for stopping by!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ooh I want to see a winter island.

W.T. Fits posted:

Closing up Varmheim for now. Might open up again later on this evening if people still have turnips they need to unload (prices are now 127 per turnip).

Thanks to everyone for stopping by!

I was in a zoom meeting, so missed out, but on the non-art items in Redds, can you buy multiple copies? Or is it 1x per person? I know somebody was looking for Oil barrels.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Charles posted:

Ooh I want to see a winter island.

I was in a zoom meeting, so missed out, but on the non-art items in Redds, can you buy multiple copies? Or is it 1x per person? I know somebody was looking for Oil barrels.

I think you can buy multiples of the non-art items. If you want, I can open back up for a few minutes so you can grab some.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

W.T. Fits posted:

I think you can buy multiples of the non-art items. If you want, I can open back up for a few minutes so you can grab some.

If it's not too much trouble, then I can deliver a few to Haji's island since I think they request them :) If it's a hassle then no worries.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Charles posted:

If it's not too much trouble, then I can deliver a few to Haji's island since I think they request them :) If it's a hassle then no worries.

Sent you a message with the dodo code. I'm gonna run AFK to grab lunch, go ahead and post in here or send me a message when you're done.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I’m cleaning out some flowers. Have a ton of
Black roses and 3 pink roses if anyone wants them before I toss them.

Edit - tossing them.

yippeekiyaymf fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 18, 2021

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I already shared this in the Discord server, but I’m still reeling

https://twitter.com/chloemewacnh/status/1405881140078997509?s=21

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Charles posted:

Thank you!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Ugh. So I wasn’t paying attention and agreed to sell a villager a stupid sea bass, which they will now display and I already hate it. I haven’t had luck getting them to replace fish previously even though I give them other things. Is there some secret to getting them to replace gifts in their house? Especially fish?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Ugh. So I wasn’t paying attention and agreed to sell a villager a stupid sea bass, which they will now display and I already hate it. I haven’t had luck getting them to replace fish previously even though I give them other things. Is there some secret to getting them to replace gifts in their house? Especially fish?
you've just gotta accept that they have a seabass now, i think

like, you could get them to replace it. theoretically. but RNG is not on your side because villagers loving love seabass

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Dammit. Of all the lousy fish.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Butt Detective posted:

I already shared this in the Discord server, but I’m still reeling

https://twitter.com/chloemewacnh/status/1405881140078997509?s=21

:drat:

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Hey, it's at least a C+

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had Rosie ask me for the mothersday carnations ages ago and I said yes because I always do and she replaced her music player with the drat things. I keep giving her new cute music players in the hope that she'll one day replace the bloody things but it hasn't happened yet.

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

I had Rosie ask me for the mothersday carnations ages ago and I said yes because I always do and she replaced her music player with the drat things. I keep giving her new cute music players in the hope that she'll one day replace the bloody things but it hasn't happened yet.

Don’t worry, one day you’ll go in and she’ll have like four cute music players out on display at the same time instead.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

You can try to replace it with a piece of furniture that is the same size as the sea bass. It happened with my Margie and I gave her an imperial chest that matched the décor of her house.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Holy poo poo. That villager didn’t put out the stupid sea bass. I’m guessing there wasn’t a slot available in that size.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

If anyone desperately needs to offload turnips, my island is at a whopping 140.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Does anyone happen to have a grumpy in boxes today? If you do and you're willing to let me come get them can you pm me? Thank you

Never mind. Took me 7 tries, but I got one. Octavian even.

Haji fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 19, 2021

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

In case you haven’t followed the guy, the Animal Crossing: Hamilton musical is finally complete!

https://youtu.be/ici4EGuzan8

I’m gonna watch the whole thing during work, but I’ve seen all the individual songs and they’re just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ChickenDoodle posted:

In case you haven’t followed the guy, the Animal Crossing: Hamilton musical is finally complete!

https://youtu.be/ici4EGuzan8

I’m gonna watch the whole thing during work, but I’ve seen all the individual songs and they’re just great.

This is loving incredible. Dorky, yes, but my goodness there's some detailed work here! The imagery they use is great. People are so creative.