Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fisting by many posted:

and they're all hosed so what do you want me to do about it

...fix the mold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The thing about Bernier is, he'll ultimately never advance any further politically because he's French. English Canada doesn't want that, doesn't matter how racist you are. Chretien had balls enough that it didn't matter, whereas someone like Stephane Dion- just lmao. Bernier is more a Dion than a Chretien. The 'blustering French' will always outperform the 'sniveling French' stereotype where it counts the most.

This is so dumb lol. Trudeau is french idiot. Probably like half our PM's have been french. You idiot

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I forgot the French are an underclass in Canada even though they are hugely overrepresented in our politics. At least according to this threads mythology

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
bernier won't advance politically because no one gives a poo poo about the ppc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's also the whole "too overtly racist/xenophobic for even the cpc" thing

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

fisting by many posted:

My landlord told me that every home gets mold :thunk:

He also said that the mold is because everyone built a bunch of cheap lovely apartments in the late 80s/early 90s and they're all hosed so what do you want me to do about it

Mine said if I don't like it I should move.

I live in BC in a very hot real estate market and an accommodations shortage where a dainty one bedroom apartment goes for $1,350 (not as bad as Vancouver, mind you). He's blatantly trying to push out a family of 5 because we got in a decade ago before the market skyrocketed.

/whine

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

:rolleyes:

anyway we are increasingly closing on 20% fully vaxxed of the total population. starting to feel some relief tbqh.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

lol

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fully vacced hell yeah, that standby list really works

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

mediaphage posted:

:rolleyes:

anyway we are increasingly closing on 20% fully vaxxed of the total population. starting to feel some relief tbqh.

:lol:

loving mealy mouthed little baby.

Not you phage.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
"Abloo bloo my tapas bar if you like King's Head u r a chud." :qqsay:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I live in BC in a very hot real estate market and an accommodations shortage where a dainty one bedroom apartment goes for $1,350 (not as bad as Vancouver, mind you). He's blatantly trying to push out a family of 5 because we got in a decade ago before the market skyrocketed.

/whine

its loving disgusting and seeing articles about corporations buying single family homes so they can rent them out for profit during a housing crisis makes me want to puke

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/JJ_McCullough/status/1405597610170228738

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

linoleum floors posted:

I forgot the French are an underclass in Canada even though they are hugely overrepresented in our politics. At least according to this threads mythology

Only the worst Qubcois are terrible enough to become honorary anglo.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol
https://twitter.com/TomlinsonCJ/status/1405704475961171971

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that was a typo, he meant to say you are a cartoon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

jj just literally writes whatever the federal conservative party is talking about at the moment

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

/whine

I live about an hour from Vancouver and my previous landlords two were:
- slumlord who refused to fix poo poo
- slumlord who refused to fix poo poo even when it was likely to cause electrical fires in his own house

I'm really hoping that the giant soulless REIT I now rent an apartment from is somehow more sensible than those two jackwagons. At least they test the fuckin smoke alarms and all my appliances work this time -- the last three months in my previous place the relays in the stove controlling electricity flow to the burners were loving sparking and popping so I just didn't use the stove to cook at all because my landlord refused to believe anything was wrong with it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sparks are just extra heat, what are you complaining about?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
In Ontario news Doug is tripling down on killing off our old folks

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1405948622445887491?s=19

edit: for those that don't have to live here/keep track this is the guy who took off on vacation during the lockdown and then faked his social media to make it look like he was still in the province

ghosthorse has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Jun 18, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

conservatism in canada is pretty much a human centipede and columnists at the chain

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ghosthorse posted:

In Ontario news Doug is tripling down on killing off our old folks

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1405948622445887491?s=19

edit: for those that don't have to live here/keep track this is the guy who took off on vacation during the lockdown and then faked his social media to make it look like he was still in the province

i guess if nothing else, the government following his will have significantly lower LTC costs

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Kazinsal posted:

- slumlord who refused to fix poo poo even when it was likely to cause electrical fires in his own house

I'm really hoping that the giant soulless REIT I now rent an apartment from is somehow more sensible than those two jackwagons. At least they test the fuckin smoke alarms and all my appliances work this time -- the last three months in my previous place the relays in the stove controlling electricity flow to the burners were loving sparking and popping so I just didn't use the stove to cook at all because my landlord refused to believe anything was wrong with it.

this is why I'm not really following the outrage about big company buying houses to rent. landlord shittiness is not predicated on corporate structure or size. feels like people are imagining their personal rental situation will somehow change for the worse and that seems as likely as it ever was?

why did the company get a splashy puff piece in the globe and mail? alright that's kinda weird, though it's weird every time it happens. not uniquely weird for this company

they're just gonna jack up rents for profit? what a change from the status quo

I'm not saying it's good (how about some rent control, enforcing tenant rights, and publicly-funded housing) but it doesn't seem to change much of anything

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
there are worlds where buying property you don't live in and renting it out is (perceived as) an onerous enough process with insufficient reward that there are no amateur landlords. some of those worlds sound not so bad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

the professional managers I've dealt with always followed the law to the letter - for better or for worse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

here the larger firms tend to push for above guideline rent increases for anything they can, including things that should have been covered by regular ongoing maintenance, and absolutely useless cosmetic upgrades to properties. beyond that they frequently will slow roll or just ignore maintenance and repair requests for long term tenants in locations where the market rents have increased significantly, since they can renovate the unit when the tenant moves due to it being unlivable and put it back on the market for hundreds more.

small time landlords do it too, but there are multiple large scale landlords that do it systematically. we've had coordinated rent strikes over things like AGI for new landscaping and marble in the lobby of a building filled with cockroaches and mold

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:toot:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/rdassaly/status/1405916166787379212?s=20

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
after your lease is up you turn over your keys, and if you've been unjustly treated (as most renters are) you can establish your alibi and then break back in and absolutely demolish your old home. this could potentially ruin a small landlord, so if enough people do it the very threat may keep them in line one day.

you could still do it to the corpos, but they're way more likely to have security/witnesses/insurance and coffers to cover the damage.

wait, someone else said they're less likely to have lawyers who can bulldoze you in housing court if you bring them there for their negligence? yeah, that's a way better reason.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

:laffo:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Rockstar Massacre posted:

after your lease is up you turn over your keys, and if you've been unjustly treated (as most renters are) you can establish your alibi and then break back in and absolutely demolish your old home. this could potentially ruin a small landlord, so if enough people do it the very threat may keep them in line one day.

you could still do it to the corpos, but they're way more likely to have security/witnesses/insurance and coffers to cover the damage.

wait, someone else said they're less likely to have lawyers who can bulldoze you in housing court if you bring them there for their negligence? yeah, that's a way better reason.

Added to cspam__crime_evidence_2021.xls

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Yikes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
lmbo

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i think that guy might not be all there

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The alpha move is to not buy plat so that you can never receive DMs that are abusive or that ask if you want to be a mod/ik

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The alpha move is to not buy plat so that you can never receive DMs that are abusive or that ask if you want to be a mod/ik

That won't stop the latter, there have been multiple cases of people waking up one morning and logging in to find that they suddenly have buttons

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

That won't stop the latter, there have been multiple cases of people waking up one morning and logging in to find that they suddenly have buttons

No... NO!!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kazinsal posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
LMAO if you're the type that can choose at will which direction those optical illusions spin you can totally make that birds head wind and unwind.

I wish I had useful superpowers but at least that one finally gave me a laugh.