Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

After thinking about this further, I have decided to start an un-perma decision thread in the mod forum to get input and thoughtful discussion from the mod team. I have been reading this thread and taking your arguments into consideration and believe a review of the decision may be necessary.

For transparency's sake, this is my agenda for the thread:
  • We will first discuss the permaban reasons, and review whether they were valid or not. Due to mod schedules and the number of people we need to reach quorum, I expect this part of the thread to take about 1-2 weeks.
  • We will then discuss arguments for and against reversing the permaban, which should take another 1-2 weeks.

This roughly fits the total time of the original thread to perma Larry, and considering the first phase of the thread covers similar ground to the perma thread, I am satisfied that it is actually a greatly accelerated timetable.

Once a decision has been made, I will post an announcement to the forums. Please don't make any QCS threads about it; I would much rather you PM me if you have any comments or questions. You can always email me at my somethingawful.com email, as well.

I will leave this thread open for a few minutes if anyone would like to express their thanks for this plan, but then this thread will be closed.

qnqnx posted:

I'm gonna be succinct, and I'll tell you that this endless deliberating and discussing even in the face of overwhelming support is why moderation and more importantly the guidelines are in such a sorry state.

Every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I love Jeffery of YOSPOS :allears:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

drat he's good

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Who's Larry?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Larry Parrish

He was banned for calling the mods pedophiles shortly before four two of them tripped over their dicks to defend pedophilia and two were uncomfortably pedo-adjacent.

Two further mods quit due to related stress.

Larry Parrish posted:

It sucks rear end that this forum occasionally has good posting but they put the worst offenders in the world when it comes to being super uncritical in charge lol. And how does this forum have 45 mods and IKs and I've only ever seen like 4 post? Even if you're a mega thread dipshit who needs to gently caress off like smarxist you think they'd post somewhere I'd see it eventually, right? It's the worst mods since the GBS era where they had stars such as the mod who got horny sniffing women's hair on the bus and was probably a pedophile, the other ones that were pedophiles etc. So using my power of deductive reasoning I can only assume that the CSPAM mods are also pedophiles, since they are equally unsociable and too weird to live in a free society

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 11:18 on Jun 18, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bootcha posted:

To answer a deep, burning, aching question...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Largest troll success to post count ratio of all time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Don't worry, it's all a coincidence. Lol

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

lmao

free larry

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Last time I saw a spook that big and fat I was playing Luigi's Mansion

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

symbolic posted:

i'd call your posts toothless but that might attract Cyrano

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

:thurman:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Hizke posted:

simpering idiot jeffrey of yospos sitting in front of a monitor, emotionally crying from the horrific stuff he's seeing. camera pans around to show he's watching the three stooges.

sexpig by night posted:

the sociopath Moe, trying to gouge the eyes out of his so called 'brothers'...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Platystemon posted:

Larry Parrish

He was banned for calling the mods pedophiles shortly before four two of them tripped over their dicks to defend pedophilia and two were uncomfortably pedo-adjacent.

Two further mods quit due to related stress.

More recently he ate a permaban for a "death threat" wherein a thread where someone was going pixel-by-pixel to prove that a couple of Palestinians getting hit by a car had it coming, Larry expressed his wishes that karma would deal with them and they would choke on a fish bone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh I thought he said fish sticks

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

More recently he ate a permaban for a "death threat" wherein a thread where someone was going pixel-by-pixel to prove that a couple of Palestinians getting hit by a car had it coming, Larry expressed his wishes that karma would deal with them and they would choke on a fish bone.

If that's the standard, shouldn't like, all of CSPAM be permaed by now?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Patrick Spens posted:

yes

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Patrick Spens posted:

Yes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

christmas boots posted:

Larry Parrish posted:

he should be killed

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Patrick Spens posted:

yes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hmm (taps chin)

(Tbh I think we need something between a month and a perma to lower the stakes in this kind of thing and we could use more consistent governance around the whole process, but that's not a funny forum quote)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

sebmojo posted:

(Tbh I think we need something between a month and a perma to lower the stakes in this kind of thing and we could use more consistent governance around the whole process, but that's not a funny forum quote)
about to out myself as the idiot on social media here:

isn't that thing just, you know, a regular ban?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sebmojo posted:

Hmm (taps chin)

100k hours

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
C-SPAM should choke on a fishbone.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DACK FAYDEN posted:

about to out myself as the idiot on social media here:

isn't that thing just, you know, a regular ban?

a ban is :10bux: and you're back into it immediately. a month is actually worse.

some dude talked themselves into a 900 day crowdsourced probation recently, which was quite funny.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've seen a fair few bans stacked with 30-day probations lately, thought it was the new standard procedure?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

shame on an IGA posted:

I've seen a fair few bans stacked with 30-day probations lately, thought it was the new standard procedure?

This seems like a reasonable and fair punishment so that's off the table. I think we have to either ignore poo poo or overreact but I haven't read the rules thread lately.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Free Larry Parrish

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Outrail posted:

This seems like a reasonable and fair punishment so that's off the table. I think we have to either ignore poo poo or overreact but I haven't read the rules thread lately.

ban+30 is the maximum that's not a 100k, custom length, or perma.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bring back hellbans

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Lately? They've been doing that for at least half a decade.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Bring back hellbans

Bring back weird mod challenges. Like the guy who had to figure out a way to post about triangles (or something else kinda weird) in every forum without getting banned for being off topic or not contributing in the next 12 hours or else they'd get perma'd.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Some people loved mod challenges, others absolutely hated them and thought it was a big ole attention seeking thing from mods.

It's a land of contrasts.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
i loved mod challenges, except abe's gross-rear end sex ones

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Captain Monkey posted:

Bring back weird mod challenges. Like the guy who had to figure out a way to post about triangles (or something else kinda weird) in every forum without getting banned for being off topic or not contributing in the next 12 hours or else they'd get perma'd.

Sports Argument Stadium had the best mods for this kind of poo poo.

Like if you hated Tom Brady your punishment would be every post has to say something nice about him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Twitch posted:

i loved mod challenges, except abe's gross-rear end sex ones

thought that was louisgod but ok

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Monkey posted:

There was one amazing one where a guy had to work praise of the seattle seahawks or w/e into every single post for a year, and he did.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anyone bring up hellbans yet?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sebmojo posted:

There was one amazing one where a guy had to work praise of the seattle seahawks or w/e into every single post for a year, and he did.

Actually he made it like two or three months before the mods took pity and let him off.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Yeah that might even be the one I’m thinking of! It was great. You’d just see him posting and suddenly there was a little tangent in the middle or some shoehorned in thing.

Loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Paladinus posted:

C-SPAM should choke on a fishbone.

:mods: