Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nintendo is going to steal so much of my money this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Dammit.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

it worked for me the first time i saw the post

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Carteret posted:

it worked for me the first time i saw the post

same

also jfc advance wars on switch is something ive been wanting since i bought a switch. $60 for two gba games yes but also theyre super fun and simple

the ds one was fuckin awesome too

dont forget diablo 2 is coming to switch too, thps1+2, disgaia 6, and goddamn mario golf

also new mario party with actual full online and all the good stuff from the n64 games

and another botw game

switch is seriously the best thing nintendos done since goddamn snes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

goddamn they loved the kazuya cliff meme at bandi namco a whole lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzvEz99_xSM

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 16, 2021

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-0jnExyx4

Psychonauts 2 is no longer a figment of imagination

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

get hype

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo hell yeah!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gonna mine my personal data to procedurally generate the inside of MY OWN BRAIN. Hype

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/berserksouls/status/1405606672274444295?s=20

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1405633742106996741?s=19

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Being hit by a thrown controller was always a risk in my house growing up, but the only real casualty was a VCR that caught it right in the slot door, which shattered and hosed up the internals.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I never threw controllers because my parents had radar hearing, but like a volcano the pressure just built up into eruptions of flat-out controller destroying rage. It only happened a few times in my childhood, thankfully. I think total casualty count was 1 Atari joystick, 2 NES joypads, and I think a few Playstation controllers through the generations from PS1 to 3.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I broke one controller, my turbo SNES one. I was playing street fighter and Vega was being an utter bastard (as he does).

gently caress Vega :colbert:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I never broke a controller as a kid because I was deathly afraid that they were expensive and my parents wouldn't replace it, or take away all my games

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Never broke a controller as a kid. NES and Genesis controllers were super durable compared to the stuff today. Way more sensors, switches, etc, to gently caress up just by knocking it off the arm of the chair. I have at least 3 xbox controllers that are hosed up in some fashion, mostly from short drops. My two working ones now are treated like valuable glass figurines or something.

Broke a few PS2 controllers in my 20s though, not proud of that.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

I broke one controller, my turbo SNES one. I was playing street fighter and Vega was being an utter bastard (as he does).

gently caress Vega :colbert:

Vega was a prick, but that game on SNES also had a nasty habit of suddenly turning up the goddamn heat for one random character out of nowhere. You could basically have the game mastered and then just out of the blue like Dhalsim or Ken turns into a god and beats the loving brakes off you. Sometimes it was Balrog who went all Mike Tyson's Punch Out on you.

I refused to lose to Vangief, and reset the game if that ever looked like it was going to happen. gently caress that worthless Commie gently caress

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

Vega was a prick, but that game on SNES also had a nasty habit of suddenly turning up the goddamn heat for one random character out of nowhere. You could basically have the game mastered and then just out of the blue like Dhalsim or Ken turns into a god and beats the loving brakes off you. Sometimes it was Balrog who went all Mike Tyson's Punch Out on you.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (the best fighting game of all time :colbert: ) would do this too. I had that game outright mastered. Couldn’t be beaten by anyone in my friend group, turn up the difficulty all the way and play through single player no problem, etc.

Every now and again, the AI decided that now is the time and would go on a loving murder spree. Usually with fast characters (Iceman and Rogue come to mind), but it didn’t really matter who the AI had; it had chosen the form of your Destroyer, and it was now the time for you to pay penance.

There was no cheap trick, no character combo, nor special attack that could get you a win. You would have to do a full reset, and even then you’re stuck with the knowledge that that AI is still lurking in the game somewhere.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I remember that being a classic thing back in arcade days, I always just assumed it was an intentional thing to get your money.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If anyone can point to cheaper AI bullshit than SNES Mario Kart cpu's having items that don't exist in the game otherwise I'd love to hear it

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

If anyone can point to cheaper AI bullshit than SNES Mario Kart cpu's having items that don't exist in the game otherwise I'd love to hear it

I would like to know more :stonklol:

e: I’d forgotten completely about poison mushrooms.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 21, 2021

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My vacation/friends wedding got postponed (thanks yet again, COVID) so I bought myself a PS5 cause I got one of those Sony emails like the day before trip was delayed offering me the chance to buy one.

Bought Ratchet and Clank as well as PS5 upgrade for THPS. Anything else I should get?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

Not quite AI but for like twenty years my cousin loving HATED Duck Hunt with a fiery passion because any time he played it all day that Christmas day the ducks were on pixie sticks, cocaine and red bull energy drink. When I played it they weren't too terrible until much, much later in the levels.

I eventually told him that the second player's controller could control the ducks.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

My vacation/friends wedding got postponed (thanks yet again, COVID) so I bought myself a PS5 cause I got one of those Sony emails like the day before trip was delayed offering me the chance to buy one.

Bought Ratchet and Clank as well as PS5 upgrade for THPS. Anything else I should get?

Both Spiderman games look really good. If you had to choose one get Miles Morales, looks better and has less filler than the other one.
If you've been cashing in on the PS plus games, Maquette looks good, it has a dumb story though.

The PS4 ratchet and clank game got a 60fps patch, so that's pretty cool.

I honestly just use mine for Wreckfest and THPS. My kid has determined that she is the only person in the house that has rights to the tv lately, so I haven't had a chance to play much.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

bird food bathtub posted:

Not quite AI but for like twenty years my cousin loving HATED Duck Hunt with a fiery passion because any time he played it all day that Christmas day the ducks were on pixie sticks, cocaine and red bull energy drink. When I played it they weren't too terrible until much, much later in the levels.

I eventually told him that the second player's controller could control the ducks.

This made me laugh. A lot. Well played Sir, well played.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

You evil bastard :laffo:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Neat demo alert

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1593030/Terra_Nil/

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Terra Nil is a very fun puzzle game and if you play it my only advice is to not ever try to 100% any map, be efficient and do the minimum or you will go insane. And not in the satisfactory ratio optimization insane.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I guess Mario Golf sucks poo poo. Oh well, time to go buy THPS again for my Switch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

I guess Mario Golf sucks poo poo. Oh well, time to go buy THPS again for my Switch.

Time to buy Skyrim for the 6th time. For the Switch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CommieGIR posted:

Time to buy Skyrim for the 6th time. For the Switch.

lol, I'm actually selling my copy if you seriously want it.

I have realized that there are some games I do not wish to play on the go, Skyrim being one of them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Don’t know why they keep loving with the awesome formula they had on GBA when Camelot made it a golfing RPG

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC and on a beefy computer with an ultrawide monitor and playing in first person it has to be the most immersive game I've ever played. Also loving hilarious.

I was hunting up in the mountains and I was carefully lining up my shot when I got brutally attacked by a goat, launching me off a cliff and just barely surviving with a sliver of health. It put me on the wrong side of this mountain from my horse and it was a long way back so I stole this other dudes horse to get back my own horse. While running somewhat alongside a moving train this horse decided to commit suicide and veered right into it, killing itself and leaving me once again at the brink of death.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I kinda crossposted this on CE cuz there was a Farming Simulator Esports tangent for a page. Lmao Merkal playing farming simulator.

But anyways I was playing a rice game that goes deep into rice. Sakuna is legit

KirbyKhan posted:

Lemmie get all my tangent poo poo out of my brain while we are on weekend CE:

*snip*

Anyways that [Megan Thee Stallion's Thot poo poo Song] was the pop culture section of the Saturday paper. To join in on farm chat, this week I picked up Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin, which goes hard and detailed about how to grow rice. They just patched the game so your dog greets you every time you come back home and you can duel wield your pup and kitty.
https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1407755491044954118?s=20
https://twitter.com/Pascals2020/status/1359510157630308356?s=20

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Not only can you pet dogs and cats, but you can DUAL WIELD? GOTD

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Grabbed RDR2 on Steam summer sale, and holy poo poo, it's 120GB :stare:

I thought Warzone was huge at 90GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

KirbyKhan posted:

I kinda crossposted this on CE cuz there was a Farming Simulator Esports tangent for a page. Lmao Merkal playing farming simulator.

But anyways I was playing a rice game that goes deep into rice. Sakuna is legit

That game looks sick, definitely gonna have to grab it at some point.