Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

As a goth girlfriend who wanted to be a mortician at one point, you have the coolest job but also what, go ask her out.

I agree! Ask her out, then buy her an account in time for her to get a summer sig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I am back in the hospital some days and am bringing ethical tea in bulk for the junior doctor's room because it tastes better than tea picked by slaves!

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

I am back in the hospital some days and am bringing ethical tea in bulk for the junior doctor's room because it tastes better than tea picked by slaves!

Long time, no see my Bart! How've you been?

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Escape From Noise posted:

Long time, no see my Bart! How've you been?

Real good just now! Hopefully smooth sailing hear on out!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

cruft posted:

I agree! Ask her out, then buy her an account in time for her to get a summer sig.

I think there are slight odds that my wife would approve, yet not enough to take that bet.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Achtane posted:

I think there are slight odds that my wife would approve, yet not enough to take that bet.

Tell your wife to ask her out instead. :colbert:

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tell your wife to ask her out instead. :colbert:

:hai:

Either way, though, buy her an account.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hell I'll ask her out

cruft

Buy her out and make a thread where we can all ask her account.

cruft

cruft posted:

Buy her out and make a thread where we can all ask her account.

I'm real tired y'all.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am so close to having a nervous breakdown because of my job and my immediate response is to just continue to act fine because what the hell else am I supposed to do, haha.

cruft

I've been trying for three weeks to make progress on this code i needed to push out three weeks ago, and poo poo keeps interrupting me.

I'm finding if I can't get 4 contiguous hours to focus, i poop out about 2 lines of code per day. The rest of my time is spent trying to remember what the hell I was doing, and re-learning the section I need to modify.

It's maddening, but I got a fair amount churned out before my daughter sent me a message telling me how to do her first day of petsitting because she has dance class and can't DO THE JOB SHE AGREED TO DO so now I have a new petsitting job instead of the one I'm getting paid for and we are going to have words.

I just want to sleep.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Hell I'll ask her out

I'm officially asking everyone ITT out.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I am so close to having a nervous breakdown because of my job and my immediate response is to just continue to act fine because what the hell else am I supposed to do, haha.

Arg! That's the worst! You wanna loving scream but you're also worried about keeping things going. I'm really sorry to hear that!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Alright, I'm in

cruft

Let's do this

Escape From Noise

Bring Your Own Bdate

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just got an email from a recruiter for the place my wife works and that I once worked, and I'm having the internal fight about whether or not this is a terrible idea.

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Didn't hear back about that other job yet, but the post is still being reviewed, so who knows. There's a forecasting position that's supposed to come up soon though. Job searching sucks and trying to climb a corporate ladder in my own company double sucks cause I have this dumb thing about speaking my mind and not always filtering. Good luck out there all you fellow workers.

Ass-penny

Where are you going to take us EFN :biglips:

Ass-penny

okiedoke posted:

Didn't hear back about that other job yet, but the post is still being reviewed, so who knows. There's a forecasting position that's supposed to come up soon though. Job searching sucks and trying to climb a corporate ladder in my own company double sucks cause I have this dumb thing about speaking my mind and not always filtering. Good luck out there all you fellow workers.

I agree, looking for jobs is the w o r s t.

MN that is a tough spot to be in. I don't even know how to feel about that choice. Good luck friend!

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I just got an email from a recruiter for the place my wife works and that I once worked, and I'm having the internal fight about whether or not this is a terrible idea.

This is usually a terrible idea. HTH.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

This is usually a terrible idea. HTH.

This was my conclusion. Especially since the recruiter didn't know I previously worked at the big internet company.

Also the compensation they offered was laughable for the job. They're desperate but not desperate enough yet.

Escape From Noise

Favorite response from telling people I'm leaving this job in August: "Wow. Sounds like you're unhappy working anywhere!"

Yeah. That's it. I'm such a primadonna. What kind of picky baby leaves a job just because the boss had a full on freak out and yelled at them for 30 minutes?

Escape From Noise

I am currently doing possibly the dumbest thing I've ever been asked to do at a brewery. This is dumber than the time I was told to put protein powder in a west coast IPA for a "client" that never ended up returning my boss's calls (I think they never had any kind of agreement and my boss just went off and did it because he thought things were way more set than they were. I'm pretty sure he did this a lot. He's crazy.)

I'm currently bottling hefeweissen run through a medical filter. It makes the beer taste like filter paper and is impeding flow so it's like 5 minutes to fill a bottle.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jesus loving Christ, what the gently caress

Why

cruft

I'm currently bottling hefeweissen run through a medical filter. It makes the beer taste like filter paper and is impeding flow so it's like 5 minutes to fill a bottle.

loving LOL

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Jesus loving Christ, what the gently caress

Why

Because my boss understands nothing about beer filters and promised a client he could filter a hefeweissen. Any sterile filter is the same, right? At least it's just a sample...if they're fine with it then I don't know what the gently caress. So glad I'm leaving this dumpster fire.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

loving LOL

It's pretty amazing. We talked about it in multiple meetings and both me and the other brewer we're like "This won't work." If it did do you think breweries would be dropping tens of thousands of dollars on large filter setups? These guys always think they've figured out a way to hack the system.

cruft

Any sterile filter is the same, right?

I once heard urine is sterile, have you tried filtering beer through piss-soaked undies? I bet you could save a lot of money!

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

I once heard urine is sterile, have you tried filtering beer through piss-soaked undies? I bet you could save a lot of money!

Lmfao

EFN I'm glad you're getting out of there, that poo poo sounds wild.
D
Today work was real busy especially with the crew we had, but there was only one pizza that didn't go home with a customer so it could have been a lot worse.

Escape From Noise

There's this young woman at work, early twenties. She works in the kitchen and the owner has her cross training in the brewery for some reason. She's been her six months. As in he just kind of arbitrarily decided that. I trained her a little and she's loving sharper than hell. Picks things up quickly, really good at asking questions, asking for clarification, communicating, etc. Her English is also really good.

The company has been working her like a rented mule. She's working ten days in a row right now. Things have been mostly dead what with COVID and all so this makes pretty much zero sense. She's also not getting paid overtime. Today as we were leaving she was talking to my coworker who's putting in his notice next month and said "Don't leave this company before me!" to him today. So it looks like he's quitting. Brain genius is chasing away all of his qualified employees again. He's done this before.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 23, 2021

cruft

There's this young woman at work, early twenties. She works in the kitchen and the owner has her cross training in the brewery for some reason. As in he just kind of arbitrarily decided that. I trained her a little and she's loving sharper than hell. Picks things up quickly, really good at asking questions, asking for clarification, communicating, etc. Her English is also really good.

The company has been working her like a rented mule. She's working ten days in a row right now. Things have been mostly dead what with COVID and all so this makes pretty much zero sense. She's also not getting paid overtime. She's been there six months and said "Don't leave this company before me!" to him today. So it looks like he's quitting. Brain genius is chasing away all of his qualified employees again. He's done this before.

Who's "him"? Surely not the owner?

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Who's "him"? Surely not the owner?

Oh poo poo. My coworker who's quitting..drat. I thought I wrote that. Sorry

Escape From Noise

I edited my dumb drunk post for clarity.

cruft

I edited my dumb drunk post for clarity.

It's okay to cut your posts off when it's clear they've had enough.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol just lol if you even get to take days off of vacation without getting poo poo down your neck when you've run the entire company during the pandemic without a day off and then when you get through that they tell you that you can't have a raise even though you have brought in *checks notes* 38 times what your company brings in on an average non pandemic year but you have brought that revenue in within the last seven months.

Anyway great I love working it's real good, jobs are the best!!!!!

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lol just lol if you even get to take days off of vacation without getting poo poo down your neck when you've run the entire company during the pandemic without a day off and then when you get through that they tell you that you can't have a raise even though you have brought in *checks notes* 38 times what your company brings in on an average non pandemic year but you have brought that revenue in within the last seven months.

Love 2 job!

Seriously, I hope you get some loving rest. gently caress these jerks! God drat it! These people!

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

It's okay to cut your posts off when it's clear they've had enough.

Never!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Please keep this post in mind when you see a company that offers unlimited vacation days. That's actually code for "you never get days off".

I actually yell at my employees if they "check in" from vacation. It works: it's part of our culture now that everyone is expected to not think about work on their days off!