Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haven’t played any of the GBA castlevanias so I’m hyped for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i only played aria of those and it rocked my nuts off. soma ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Aria is a godlike game.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Aria is a godlike game.

yeah

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How is Bloodstained I’ve never played it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

It’s great

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

its not as good as the ds castlevanias or aria but it still captures the magic and is a lot of fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

It's ok. Absolutely do not get the Switch version though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I liked it well enough. Also yeah don’t get it on the switch no matter what you do.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bloodstained had th same problem as 3very kickstarter like old game you liked game where it felt like it had to be super slavishly the same as the source material without doing its own thing. i still liked it enough to just about 100% it though, missed one of the two missable trophies or i'd have plat. if sotn/aria were 10s it's like an 8.5 to a 9

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also yeah definitely do not get it on swtch

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shovel Knight was the gold standard of Kickstarter games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

bloodstained had th same problem as 3very kickstarter like old game you liked game where it felt like it had to be super slavishly the same as the source material without doing its own thing. i still liked it enough to just about 100% it though, missed one of the two missable trophies or i'd have plat. if sotn/aria were 10s it's like an 8.5 to a 9

Even so it’s still better than 99% of Kickstarter games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

This is the 1%

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I loved Bloodstained bc Miriam runs like a Scooby Doo character & I'm a sucker for cooking in videogames. Plus they offer permanent stat boosts? Oh hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Even so it’s still better than 99% of Kickstarter games

oh sure i still liked it a lot, it just wasnt a toyal blowout. i'm pumped for 2, feel like there's a lot more goodwill and room for IGA to go nuts on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Get bloodstained on switch if you like falling through the floor

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I played Bloodstained on Xbox and one particular room would crash the game almost every time

great game otherwise

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I loved Bloodstained bc Miriam runs like a Scooby Doo character & I'm a sucker for cooking in videogames. Plus they offer permanent stat boosts? Oh hell yeah
That was a cool effect that I didn't fully realize until way too late.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

every run i play i always prioritize making sweets and drinks because luck and mp regen are the only two stats that matter in a castlevania

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

copy posted:

every run i play i always prioritize making sweets and drinks because luck and mp regen are the only two stats that matter in a castlevania

rhava velar w/80 luck... :discourse:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dawn of Sorrow seems like it should be prime for a remastering, it was one of those “one screen is the game and the other is just menus” DS games and the only touchpad stuff was drawing the symbols to finish off bosses (which sucked and should just be ditched)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Dawn of Sorrow seems like it should be prime for a remastering, it was one of those “one screen is the game and the other is just menus” DS games and the only touchpad stuff was drawing the symbols to finish off bosses (which sucked and should just be ditched)

The touch screen gimmick mode in Portrait of Ruin is terrible but in Order of Ecclesia it's used to teleport the bonus character around the screen. That function could definitely be mapped to a stick though, in fact I've played like that before and it feels awesome to use

I would pay full price for these 3 games properly up-scaled in a heartbeat

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

order also uses theh touch screen for the magnet ability too right? that shouldn't be hard to replace with stick though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

order also uses theh touch screen for the magnet ability too right? that shouldn't be hard to replace with stick though.

no, magnes is just an R glyph

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Youre an R glyph

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i do think its cool that they very loudly announced they werent making video games ever again and have had to worm their way back ever since when twenty minutes later the japanese diet slapped regulations on pachinko that would hve sent them straight to hell instantly
iirc most of their videogame stuff except for their soccer game is outsourced to other studios nowadays, and their gambling stuff mostly just shifted over from pachinko to slot machines (which they were already rear end in a top hat-deep in over in the us) as japanese gambling laws open up

STONE COLD 64 posted:

looking up the developer they've mostly been occupied with nintendo switch eshop ports so that looks like the most likely platform to me
M2 does a lot of compilations and such for different platforms. the last castlevania collection they worked on was on switch, ps4, xbone and steam, so it'll probably be something similar for this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i love gameing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

scary ghost dog posted:

i love gameing

i love gameing on my nintendo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dawn of sorrow rules but the touchscreen glyphs are rear end. I think there’s a romhack that removes them

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

NienNunb posted:

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

a Loving Dog posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

Ayup

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

"Gameing I'm gameing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZnanvrPj2I

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/markus_kurko/status/1406161612327866371?s=21

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason posted:

Youre an R glyph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
Enjoying bravely default 2 and looking forward to all the excellent games coming to the switch