Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rarity posted:

Rhea and Charlotte were in a 3 way together

hornyisprohibited.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Rhea and Charlotte were in a 3 way together

At Wrestlemania......................................... Backlash

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rotinaj posted:

They invented a big match ending spot that looks a thousand times shittier and less impactful than a simple table spot
It's a spot that they can't (Or shouldn't) do in front of live crowds, weeks before they go back on the road. But seeing as it was decided Thursday Night to put the Rey/Roman match on TV I'm guessing there's absolutely no forwards thinking to begin with.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

RealFoxy posted:

It's a spot that they can't (Or shouldn't) do in front of live crowds, weeks before they go back on the road. But seeing as it was decided Thursday Night to put the Rey/Roman match on TV I'm guessing there's absolutely no forwards thinking to begin with.

probably had rey land on a crash pad too. the way they shot & edited it was perfect for hiding that.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

genuinely forgot they weren't working with a crowd when I saw that Kross was having a dark match, incredible why would I watch the show, Paul, energy there

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I do love the implication of making the NXT Champion wrestle a dark match. He may be the champ of your "indy" fed, HHH, but that still doesn't mean he's good enough for the "real" show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I assumed the dark match was Vince wanting to see if Kross can do anything other than be a lumbering oaf. Like maybe Vince found Tommy End's character bible under a pile of his office papers and wanted to use the ideas from it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

seems like you could get the booker of the show he's champ of to book the kind of match you want to see him do then instead of rounding him up to work at ten PM on a Friday, at least then you wind up with content for your content grist mill

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Karma Tornado posted:

seems like you could get the booker of the show he's champ of to book the kind of match you want to see him do then instead of rounding him up to work at ten PM on a Friday, at least then you wind up with content for your content grist mill

Why bother, if he goes to Smackdown he'll be having matches that he first hears of at like 9 pm on a Friday anyways

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno, I'm giving AEW the benefit of the doubt that they've blown off basically nothing from their last PPV and are just stalling until they get back on the road, should I give WWE the same benefit of the do--

:laffo:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The angle they cut to made Rey’s bump look worse.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1406068177923149825

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

I assumed the dark match was Vince wanting to see if Kross can do anything other than be a lumbering oaf. Like maybe Vince found Tommy End's character bible under a pile of his office papers and wanted to use the ideas from it.

:emptyquote:

Karma Tornado posted:

The entire idea of a dark match is that you don't want it being content for the mill because shock and horror, what if he can't do it exactly how Vince wants it done. It will have to be scrapped and he will have to be flogged and publicly embarrassed for not being able to do the exact vision that is in Vince's dying mind palace.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
wouldn't have to panic book if you just gave Slapjack his due

he's coming for you Roman

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
please respect Slapjack’s privacy

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Seams posted:

lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Seams posted:

now I ain't saying for sure that that's a crash pad

but the camerawork sure made it look like there was a crash pad

rey deserves one anyway, I hope there was

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ok stay with me here:

The Fiend Brey Mysterio

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ok stay with me here:

The Fiend Brey Mysterio
Who that jumpin' out the Box-Like-Structure?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Excited about the Kross and Scarlett cucking angle

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seams posted:

It doesn't even seem he'd need crash pad for that. Sure, might as well use one I guess, but it looks like very typical cage bump.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Killed By Death posted:

Hehe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't even think they used a crash pad, I'm pretty sure he hit the wall and then landed on his feet.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Killed By Death posted:

Not Rey, he has no knees again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1406265516713512965

Charlotte complaining about her booking again, acting like she doesn't need the title, but it would "be nice to have a good long reign with the RAW or Smackdown title".

Which is an about face from probably a previous interview where she said her character needs the title, and the other women do not. That's also ignoring that Asuka and Sasha especially got hosed over by bad booking during their title runs, so its not unique to her.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 19, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Initial numbers for Smackdown are 1.9 million. Excellent use of Hell in a Cell on TV

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I agree with Charlotte that she hasn't had a good title run in years. Approximately 7 of them.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ok stay with me here:

The Fiend Brey Mysterio

Can he puke?

e: some people get so worked over twitter it's embarrassing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kona's coming back soon I guess

Fightful posted:

We've had a lot of inquiries for an update on Kona Reeves, who has been out of action for over 15 months following a surgery. We're told he's been back at the Performance Center for quite some time and is more than good to go, and has been making creative pitches for a significant character change based on what we've seen of him in the past. Reeves was briefly given a push in 2018 before being pushed back down the card, but we've had numerous guest coaches specifically point him out as someone they've enjoyed working with when they came in for spots at the Performance Center.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Kona's coming back soon I guess

who

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The guy who has been in WWE's developmental system longer than Dragon Gate's current top champ has been wrestling period.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I turned on the FS1 SD replay while I was doing chores and like 5 minutes in Nakamura's remixed theme song was so physically painful to listen to I found something else as background noise.

WWE really loves annoying guys with guitars, huh?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STAC Goat posted:

I turned on the FS1 SD replay while I was doing chores and like 5 minutes in Nakamura's remixed theme song was so physically painful to listen to I found something else as background noise.

WWE really loves annoying guys with guitars, huh?
The evolution of Nakamura's theme is something. He had one of the best themes in NJPW ever, and his theme in NXT was an instant hit. When they wanted to turn him heel on the main roster they remixed it with rock guitars so people couldn't "sing along" with his theme anymore and it's been diminishing ever since.

Vince really loving hates when people enjoy the themes of people on the main roster. Bobby Roode got similar treatment. Before that it was Fandango who got taken off TV when his theme got organically over post Wrestlemania and went viral and WWE were confused when WWE sucked the fun out of it by saying "LOOK MAGGLE THEY'RE FANDAGOING EVERYONE DO THE FANDANGO" over and over on TV.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The guy who has been in WWE's developmental system longer than Dragon Gate's current top champ has been wrestling period.

There have been three lovely US presidents in office since Kona Reeves signed with NXT (a place he has never progressed from or did anything in, yet can't be fired from) in May 2014

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

HE’S THE FINEST

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is being out for 15 months the regular for a shoulder injury?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

His gimmick is "The Finest" where he wears fancy clothes and jewelry but acts like a goober.

Back when he was on the Florida house show loop his gimmick was what I can only describe as "opioid addict". He would come out all disheveled and would constantly itch his face. In the ring he would act spaced out and would keep referring to his opponent as his friend and try to hug him. It was weird.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The only wrestler I know lately is Malcolm Bivens and I dunno if he even wrestles or exists.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

His gimmick is "The Finest" where he wears fancy clothes and jewelry but acts like a goober.

Back when he was on the Florida house show loop his gimmick was what I can only describe as "opioid addict". He would come out all disheveled and would constantly itch his face. In the ring he would act spaced out and would keep referring to his opponent as his friend and try to hug him. It was weird.

Like Billy Kidman?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

There have been three lovely US presidents in office since Kona Reeves signed with NXT (a place he has never progressed from or did anything in, yet can't be fired from) in May 2014
8 years in NXT and about an hour combined on television.

Not as bad as Danny Burch who's been in NXT since 2011. Johnny Gargano, Tamasso Ciampa, and Oney Lorcan have also been on the brand pretty consistently since 2015 but I think Gargano and Ciampa stayed there by choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Even when I try and keep up with this thread WWE throws 10 bullshit things a week. It's like Trump, constantly bombarded with poo poo you can't keep up with where the last turd came from.