Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Zooms.

The new version of my phone has a 64 mega pixel camera.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Bercow as leader would actually be extremely funny because I don't even know if he even disagrees with the tories politically as much as he thinks they're idiots.

Nah Bercow has a reverse-Sp!ked kinda trend where he was someone who joined the Tories on the far-right of the party and the more time he spent in Westminster the more he shunted left - his wife Sally likewise was a Tory but came over to Labour with Blair and was still a vocal supporter of Corbyn during his tenure.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bump_fn posted:

make bercow leader god knows he couldn’t be worse

The bullying allegations against him are pretty severe and pretty well-substantiated. Even for a party as bad at representing workers as Labour, putting him in a position of power would be an unusually poor move.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

bessantj posted:

Are you or the ladies in the photo on the BBC report??

Fraid not.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So labour are pretty certain they've lost Batley and Spen given all the sackings then?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would imagine that and the lib dem fightback might be putting the wind up some of the people near the top, and keir obviously has to take responsibility by sacking everyone who isn't him.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The relaunch to surpass all previous relaunches is about to be revealed, I can feel it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Don't parties in power do badly when England do poo poo in football tournaments? Marcus needs to do the needful.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it’s* coming home**

* ed davey
** 10 downing

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nm

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/homeslice68/status/1406327527442993162

Starmers team have abandoned her

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Don't parties in power do badly when England do poo poo in football tournaments? Marcus needs to do the needful.

There's a Harold Wilson joke here, but I can't word it the right way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why does everyone keep calling her leadbetter, it's leadbeater isn't it? As in like, a job description, one who beats lead.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

Why does everyone keep calling her leadbetter, it's leadbeater isn't it? As in like, a job description, one who beats lead.

Been watching too much The Good Life?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

A day after saying Labour is Stonger together it all falls apart lol

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's just a different way of pronouncing the name, (I don't know if you can say the "proper" way of pronouncing it, names drift over time and there's all sorts of ways of spelling and pronouncing everything).

I guess people take that pronunciation and spell it how ít sounds?

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

No one cares much about hustings. They are attended by a folk who have made up their minds. Maybe that's changed a little now there is a bit more social media coming out of them, but used to be candidates would avoid them at all costs.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bump_fn posted:

even if the pixel density on a phone is comparable to a dslr the physical size of the sensor is smaller and the lenses aren’t as good
The first digital camera I ever had was a Konica Minolta Dynax 5D, and I am still mad that Sony theoretically posess the natural+ colour postprocessing code and are doing nothing with it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I think Galloway would have skewered her especially on Palestine.

The first time I ever heard/saw Galloway was when I was on holiday in the Sinai desert and the only English-speaking channel on the telly was BBC World. Galloway was giving some Senate hearing in the US some serious welly on Iraq and I was very impressed. (The 16 years since then have somewhat modified my opinion! Opportunist, egotist, etc etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdYp2GDC-4

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

If only Labour could be Leadbetter

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think Galloway would have skewered her especially on Palestine.

The first time I ever heard/saw Galloway was when I was on holiday in the Sinai desert and the only English-speaking channel on the telly was BBC World. Galloway was giving some Senate hearing in the US some serious welly on Iraq and I was very impressed. (The 16 years since then have somewhat modified my opinion! Opportunist, egotist, etc etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdYp2GDC-4

You can watch him on youtube if you would like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehd-CwrU_AM

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Thanks, Owl, but Midsomer Murders is on ;)

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Kin posted:

If I were a paranoid person, I'd think the government told the England team to take it easy so as not to rile up the separatists. Or is Scotland better now and England a bit poo poo?

This is certainly something. Even if you're the most paranoid person on the planet what possible leverage could you imagine the govt has to force the England team to obey their orders? And how would they keep all 26 of them quiet (not including non-playing staff)? And why would they risk the devastating consequences if it came out they'd rigged an International match just to prevent the outcome everyone considered most likely?

If it helps your paranoia the previous match between England and Scotland was also a draw.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
priti patel went into the dressing room and gave dead legs and said if anybody said owt she'd stove their fuckin heads in :manning:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks, Owl, but Midsomer Murders is on ;)

Definitely the better choice, I think.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

crispix posted:

priti patel went into the dressing room and gave dead legs and said if anybody said owt she'd stove their fuckin heads in :manning:

And then stamped on Rashford’s foot for good measure, and laughed.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Even so, by the time I left, there was *still* a good solid thousand-person queue, and (through the magic of back-of-the-envelope guessing on our part, not anything like an official number) there'd been at least 10k people through.

Holy poo poo. That is a hell of a number, kind of thing that (even if it's just a bit of a one-off as you think it might be) does give me hope that we can crush this before too long. Thanks for volunteering! I put my name down months ago but never heard back, I should see if they've reopened it again.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just send a boom box inwith d-ream playing on a loop

also, hustings are one of those things you can never really win, but you can certainly lose

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I saw a comment that said the Tory candidate also dropped out of the hustings.
Anyone confirm?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean the video shows george galloway talking for an hour and a half next to a guy I assume would have been the moderator.

Bit hard to make him out though so I couldn't tell what he was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehd-CwrU_AM&t=55s

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

just send a boom box inwith d-ream playing on a loop

also, hustings are one of those things you can never really win, but you can certainly lose

nah mate, remember the Ilford South one in 2019? the guy up to replace Milky Gapes Mike? he loving crushed it at those hustings

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1405902390654554115?s=20

Now I know what a long string of Corbyn 'photo-bombs' I saw on FB was about!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It really feels like Raynor is being forced to have a 'source' or press person whose sole job is to make her look as stupid as possible. Like she's clearly getting on well with Corbs there so is that her pushing outside the boundaries that Smithers' crew will allow her and so she's being subjected to a deliberately absurd 'official' response?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

nah she looks uncomfortable as hell. but i imagine all political photoshoots are as uncomfortable as hell. And were believing this source i guess, even then nothing it says is particularly countermanded by this video. She could have not kown he was going to be there then stuck with it once she got there and not spoken to him after.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Then it wouldn't be a photobomb, and it would be absurd to call it as such.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Then it wouldn't be a photobomb, and it would be absurd to call it as such.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

And were believing this source i guess

or like once he got there then not she

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
people making up poo poo about jeremy corbyn to make him look a oval office, well i never!!!!!! :o:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Maybe this video (the lower one, not the one in the HoC) shows it better:

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1405888751486869506?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

It really feels like Raynor is being forced to have a 'source' or press person whose sole job is to make her look as stupid as possible. Like she's clearly getting on well with Corbs there so is that her pushing outside the boundaries that Smithers' crew will allow her and so she's being subjected to a deliberately absurd 'official' response?

She might also just be equally willing to pretend to be friends with everyone whenever it is convenient and also lie whenever it is convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

She might also just be equally willing to pretend to be friends with everyone whenever it is convenient and also lie whenever it is convenient.

Maybe! I just don't want to dismiss her so easily. I remember her being decent throughout the Corbyn years and don't want to believe she's abandoned that path so easily. I'm not going to stan her or anything, just suspect that her getting lovely press isn't necessarily proof of her being The Arsehole.