Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kana is finally removing her power limiter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Kana's acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP1Nkr1kc5o

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

new chapter is out https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/43/1/

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That is a powerful pout.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It very much is.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

New week, new chapter, new hat for Kana.

DOUBLE BRUSHING!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Into the trash it goes!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Nine months of planning down the drain* :vince:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 20, 2021

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
This is a mean comparison, but I can't help being reminded of the stuff I heard Dan Olson's Twilight video

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 20, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love Akane so much stop being a little poo poo Aqua :negative:

Abiko is fantastic and I love her.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

New week, new chapter, new hat for Kana.

DOUBLE BRUSHING!
Holy poo poo, I've seen those faces.

I'VE HAD THOSE FACES

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 45

The screenwriter :smith:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Brutallllllllllllllllll chapter, but I really like manga thats involved in a certain industry and then explains stuff like in this chapter.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most surprising thing about this if it reflects reality at all is I assumed mangaka didn't actually have much power over the general franchise they created.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

The most surprising thing about this if it reflects reality at all is I assumed mangaka didn't actually have much power over the general franchise they created.
It's kind of a case-by-case basis kinda thing? Like for example, if I were to handle the scripts of a live-action, web-series adaptation of... say, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency, I'd probably have to use Shueisha as intermediaries but I'd have to answer to the Hirohiko Araki & Lucky Land Communications company, since his company is the actual owner of the rights and if he were to say :mad: "NO, HOW DARE YOU MAKE JOSEPH THAT MUCH OF A HIMBO! WHY IS LISA LISA WEARING TWO SCARVES, YOU DAFT, TALENTLESS HACK?! I'LL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND PLAY FOOSBALL WITH IT, YOU INEFFECTUAL FUCKFACE"... then that's all she wrote for my turn as the scriptwriter for the Live-Action, Web-Series Adaptation of Battle Tendency.

It would be something similar (though I do believe Shueisha does have a bit more control over certain aspects of it) if I were to march to the doors of Bird Studio and tell Akira Toriyama "I want to make Dragon Ball on Ice!" for example.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Acerbatus posted:

It depends. But generally the more successful the Mangaka the more control they have. Some also have different standards and don't care too much about adaptions.

I have seen a few series where things like this happen. And my impression is that Telephone and all the intermediaries are the biggest problem.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 4, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

It depends. But generally the more successful the Mangaka the more control they have. Some also have different standards and don't care too much about adaptions.

I see a few series where things like this happen. And my impression is that Telephone and all the intermediaries are the biggest problem.

It's definitely the case here.

The bit we see has intermediaries manage to move this scene should be less dramatic" to "up the drama".

Poor screenwriter.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I’d probably quit if it turned out the person I’m trying to be good to basically called me a hack. That cuts to the bone

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWReRwbp7g

new chapter

Another one next week before the break as this cliffhanger can't go on more than needed.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

doomisland posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWReRwbp7g

new chapter

Another one next week before the break as this cliffhanger can't go on more than needed.

And, of course, the new chapter has
Another cliffhanger. Arguably, the same one!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Akasaka and Yokoyari are trying to tell us something. :thunk:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

And, of course, the new chapter has
Another cliffhanger. Arguably, the same one!

Yeah I was not pleased with this chapter !

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Poor Melt forever blacklisted.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

This panel is giving me uncomfortable speculative visions about the future of transhumanist manga creation

I'm imagining Oda's brain, in a jar, hooked up to a robot arm

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm imagining Oda's brain, in a jar, hooked up to a robot arm

Oda would love being a robot, as long as you gave him some beams

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I think Akasaka and Yokoyari are trying to tell us something. :thunk:

Hmm. Do you think there might be a hint of *lived experience* here? :iiam:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am getting Tite Kubo bleach flashbacks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

doomisland posted:

Yeah I was not pleased with this chapter !

Fortunately, there's a new chapter!

That still doesn't resolve the question!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

We taking shots at all Japanese entertainment industries and the downsides of ego and introversion

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I just want Goa, Abiko, and everyone else to be happy :smith:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The plot kinda spinning it's wheels here for the past couple chapters at the same time that Kaguya is on a break has me wondering is Akasaka didn't stretch out the plotting on this part a bit so he could have an actual vacation.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This chapter kinda makes me wonder if the online era has provided authors with a bit more of a support network from being able to get in contact with their contemporaries a bit more easily. I'm sure there are still awkward weirdos out there, but hopefully it's easier to find someone to talk to when you can crash into a stream with someone like Akasaka on it and go "I too make the comic books"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I would like to speed up on the plot, possibly get to the meat of this drama and see how Aqua and find a solution where all can benefit, as the master manipulator.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Annointed posted:

I would like to speed up on the plot, possibly get to the meat of this drama and see how Aqua and find a solution where all can benefit, as the master manipulator.

I'm guessing Aqua got them tickets to see Goa's currently running play to learn that different isn't bad and doomed to a Sweet Today situtation

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
It may be spinning the wheels a bit, but I'm still really enjoying what we're getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It's back