Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Desfore posted:

Well, if it's a troll, they're putting in SOME effort behind the scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCReC6wu1xs
I think they're just a couple of designers biting off more than they can chew, overdesigning the hell out of a simple game. I have no idea how they convinced Blizzard to license WoW for it, though. Probably a family member or something.

just thinking about how those delicate mechanism are going to get absolutely hosed during transit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Desfore posted:

Well, if it's a troll, they're putting in SOME effort behind the scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCReC6wu1xs
I think they're just a couple of designers biting off more than they can chew, overdesigning the hell out of a simple game. I have no idea how they convinced Blizzard to license WoW for it, though. Probably a family member or something.

It is so painfully excessive. I'm not sure that big vault thing is even going to contain anything but the board. It's going to be a huge storage hog for something with a relatively small playing area.

That all said, I can well imagine thousands of WoW fans forking out cash for it. Like the EVE-Online players willing to drop several grand on floating ship models that turned out to be unviable to produce.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ugleb posted:

It is so painfully excessive. I'm not sure that big vault thing is even going to contain anything but the board. It's going to be a huge storage hog for something with a relatively small playing area.

That all said, I can well imagine thousands of WoW fans forking out cash for it. Like the EVE-Online players willing to drop several grand on floating ship models that turned out to be unviable to produce.

When I checked this morning very few people were forking over money

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
$11,879
pledged of $500,000 goal
backers
days to go

Compared to the Monster Hunter World boardgame kickstarter which not only had prototype models but actual gameplay videos and funded in two hours because the game actually looked fun.

Ł3,448,262
pledged of Ł150,000 goal
backers

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
the best part is the scenery models have absolutely nothing to do with the game they are for "distraction" purposes only.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

the best part is the scenery models have absolutely nothing to do with the game they are for "distraction" purposes only.

lmao

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Ahem...."a level of distraction never before seen in tabletop gaming"

Fuckin pioneers, man.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc

"we have purposely made the pieces bad, as a joke"

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

PoptartsNinja posted:

$11,879
pledged of $500,000 goal
backers
days to go

Compared to the Monster Hunter World boardgame kickstarter which not only had prototype models but actual gameplay videos and funded in two hours because the game actually looked fun.

£3,448,262
pledged of £150,000 goal
backers

Or The Witcher Old World which just pulled in over 5 million quid.

12k is surprisingly poor though. Brand recognition alone should be pulling more than that regardless.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They've made almost $800 more since I posted that yesterday! :laffo:

It's almost like people aren't interested in having game boards that are a "distraction" from the game they're trying to play. Who knew?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's also ugly. Maybe if the premium goal wasn't figures painted pure black they'd get more bites. Or maybe if it was a recognizable game to western audiences, or if the drat thing fit into the lore in any conceivable way, or if it didn't feel like a scuzzy scam.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Is WoW not a game recognizable to western audiences???

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Not WoW, the board game itself.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

Not WoW, the board game itself.

What game is it even supposed to be?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

based on their kickstarter videos it looks like that cracker barrel peg solitaire game but pvp. I'm not really exaggerating, player 1 needs to capture five of player 2's pieces by jumping them, player 2 needs to surround player 1's pieces so they can't move. the only complexity is that diagonals are only legal in certain places

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

LordSaturn posted:

that cracker barrel peg solitaire game but pvp.

Launching my Cracker Barrel MOBA-inspired PVP collectible mini board game soon!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It might be this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagh-Chal

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

yeah, that looks like it. funny how much more interesting this game looks without a bunch of sculpted plastic intentionally blocking your view of the board and its structure

EDIT: vvv yeah I shouldn't talk too much poo poo, I just like gawking at the pictures in this thread, it isn't my hobby

more of a hank hill christian rock thing: you're not makin' bagh-chal better, you're makin' plastic worse

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 19, 2021

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I realize what thread I'm in but buying little bits of plastic just kinda bums me out at this point

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Maybe you need to try new little bits of plastic? I recently stumbled over the russian company Tehnolog and they make cheap but decently detailed miniatures from a ton of different settings. They're more like toy soldiers than "real" tabletop miniatures I guess but imo they seem pretty fun to just paint and tinker with. Some also come with little spring-loaded cannons that can shoot stuff so what's not to like? :v:

The whole range of their figures is kinda wild tbh and they kick rear end in a very childish way

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tehnolog is well regarded in the tabletop community, mostly for their modular scenery kits(ex. Platformer, Hexagon and Chemical Plant). They have a bunch of vehicles that work well for sci fi gaming, too, and their prices are dirt cheap.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Tin Tim posted:

Maybe you need to try new little bits of plastic? I recently stumbled over the russian company Tehnolog and they make cheap but decently detailed miniatures from a ton of different settings. They're more like toy soldiers than "real" tabletop miniatures I guess but imo they seem pretty fun to just paint and tinker with. Some also come with little spring-loaded cannons that can shoot stuff so what's not to like? :v:

The whole range of their figures is kinda wild tbh and they kick rear end in a very childish way

Big Snailiens energy here

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Holy poo poo someone else who remembers Snailiens. :coolspot:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm the big snailien

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
While browsing a BolS kickstarter page I found this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/female-miniatures/female-miniature-01?ref=discovery&term=female

It's also the 3rd listing when searching for "female". :females:

Also to answer a question from a few pages ago, Repentia that get their armor back are highly respected and many sisters request to be sent to the Repentia over minor infractions.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Shadowed Bacon posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/female-miniatures/female-miniature-01?ref=discovery&term=female

Also to answer a question from a few pages ago, Repentia that get their armor back are highly respected and many sisters request to be sent to the Repentia over minor infractions.

Nice

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shadowed Bacon posted:

While browsing a BolS kickstarter page I found this
LOL, someone needs to tell this guy about myminifactory.

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Then they should just cut the punishment out entirely. "Some sisters are so zealous that they willingly go into battle without armor to prove to the nonbelievers that the Emperor (and a giant chainsword) Protects"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shadowed Bacon posted:

The main character in Mark of Faith is a battle sister who keeps finding reasons to become repentia and then is disappointed when it turns out she's fine

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shadowed Bacon posted:

I'm not into 3D printing but aren't files for a zillion minis more or less exactly like this that you can get for nothing or next to nothing already available? I guess a lot of the big 3D file sellers seem to be subscription deals which kind of sucks.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The main character in Mark of Faith is a battle sister who keeps finding reasons to become repentia and then is disappointed when it turns out she's fine

Hilarious, I was thinking of the possibility of a Sister trying to report themselves as so they can become a Repentia, survive (due to a mix of belief in the Emperor and their own skills) and be better respected after getting their armour back. Their Canoness would keep shooting their requests down, until they figure out that it's an act of pride that's driving the Sister to do so, and the punishment of pride is, well, Repentia duty.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Repentia oath is basically the SoB equivalent of "do 5 hail Marys and 5 our fathers as penance"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LashLightning posted:

Hilarious, I was thinking of the possibility of a Sister trying to report themselves as so they can become a Repentia, survive (due to a mix of belief in the Emperor and their own skills) and be better respected after getting their armour back. Their Canoness would keep shooting their requests down, until they figure out that it's an act of pride that's driving the Sister to do so, and the punishment of pride is, well, Repentia duty.

Asenath Hyades, one of the main characters of Requiem Infernal, served as a Repentia before getting her armour back and becoming a Hospitaller

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Asenath Hyades, one of the main characters of Requiem Infernal, served as a Repentia before getting her armour back and becoming a Hospitaller

iirc Celestine was a Repentia at one point as well, and now she's a daemon of the emperor living saint

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

LOL, someone needs to tell this guy about myminifactory.

Oh, I know about myminifactory, I know.

Also, I decided to look up snailiens and found a lot of.... this beautiful nightmare: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4494739

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, no. Not you.

I meant the guy on kickstarter.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Oh, I know about myminifactory, I know.

Also, I decided to look up snailiens and found a lot of.... this beautiful nightmare: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4494739

I admire its purity

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I admire its purity

LOL good one coming from you. Is that what Weyland said to Ripley?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Ash (or his head at least) said it to her

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

New Wave Jose posted:

LOL good one coming from you. Is that what Weyland said to Ripley?

Ash said it to the other characters when they asked him about the Alien after Parker knocks Ash’s head off.

https://youtu.be/VA8jv1M6Y2g

For what it’s worth, Ripley and Weyland never met. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I admire its purity
:lmao: