Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RealFoxy posted:

8 years in NXT and about an hour combined on television.

Not as bad as Danny Burch who's been in NXT since 2011. Johnny Gargano, Tamasso Ciampa, and Oney Lorcan have also been on the brand pretty consistently since 2015 but I think Gargano and Ciampa stayed there by choice

To be fair, Burch got fired and then debuted after like five years on the indies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

is pepsi ok posted:

Back when he was on the Florida house show loop his gimmick was what I can only describe as "opioid addict". He would come out all disheveled and would constantly itch his face.

And people say WWE can't come up with relatable characters for an audience :v:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Yeah, as mentioned Burch started wrestling in 2003, signed to a developmental deal in late 2011, reported to FCW in 2012 where he was a jobber for about two years and then released.

After getting released in 2014, he went back to wrestling on the indies, and whatever deal he got when he re-signed apparently allowed him to continue to work the indies up through the spring of 2018.

Since going exclusively to WWE/NXT, Burch has had around eighty televised matches, including four takeover matches, and he was one half of the tag team champions recently.

Compare this to Kona Reeves, who wrestled briefly for WXW before getting signed to NXT in May 2014 and in that time has had 21 televised/filmed matches, three of which he has won (beating Patrick Scott, Max Humberto, and Raul Mendoza on 2018 NXT tapings). He also beat Colby Corino on a 2019 EVOLVE PPV.

It's kind of apples and oranges.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My favorite thing about The Finest is that he was supposed to be this rich dude but wore the most basic-looking clothes that he clearly grabbed off the clearance rack.

Plus the lovely haircut that made him look like a half-finished Hiromu clone.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

RealFoxy posted:

Before that it was Fandango who got taken off TV when his theme got organically over post Wrestlemania and went viral and WWE were confused when WWE sucked the fun out of it by saying "LOOK MAGGLE THEY'RE FANDAGOING EVERYONE DO THE FANDANGO" over and over on TV.

Oof. Yeah I remember that. Jerry Lawler fandangoing sucked.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember they didn’t even proofread his titantron and he premiered as fandangoo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Oof. Yeah I remember that. Jerry Lawler fandangoing sucked.
The piped in chants the RAW after it happened making it immediately lame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCyLlsG5_g

Tried to find the original clips but WWE has claimed copyrights on Youtube is their edited audio on RAW after the fact. Gee, can't imagine why nobody gets over in the WWE.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1406265516713512965

Charlotte complaining about her booking again, acting like she doesn't need the title, but it would "be nice to have a good long reign with the RAW or Smackdown title".

Which is an about face from probably a previous interview where she said her character needs the title, and the other women do not. That's also ignoring that Asuka and Sasha especially got hosed over by bad booking during their title runs, so its not unique to her.

I'd say it's entirely consistent with her underlying stance that she wants the title give her the title don't let anyone else have the title

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Chris James 2 posted:

There have been three lovely US presidents in office since Kona Reeves signed with NXT (a place he has never progressed from or did anything in, yet can't be fired from) in May 2014

When Kona Reeves signed with NXT the WWE network was only three months old.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

When Kona Reeves signed with NXT the WWE network was only three months old.

Mike Ford spent 6.5 seasons in the minors before the Yankees called him up and outside of a couple of months he just wasn't a major league player. WWE's minor leaguers should stay humble and work on learning the basics so they don't befall the same fate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Flair's already sucked the heat out of Asuka and Rhea recently while Bianca, Sasha, and Bayley aren't getting much attention because of poor booking too. She's right that her reigns have been bad but she should confront Vince about that.

A lot of the quotes I've seen from Charlotte recently makes me think she's just waiting on Becky and Rousey to put her back over because she feels she's above the rest of the roster. She should be pushing for girls like Asuka, Bayley, Rhea, Bianca, and Sasha to get better booking so the state of the women's roster is elevated so they've earned main event matches instead of handed them for PR.

But it's WWE, no point in being enthusiastic about the product :shrug:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

is being out for 15 months the regular for a shoulder injury?

Depends. Richard Kahui, who played rugby union at the international level for New Zealand effectively sat out half of 2009 and almost all of 2010 due to a shoulder injury, while Paul Williams, who played for Samoa, broke a leg in 2003, and didn’t return to the field until 2006.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Flair's already sucked the heat out of Asuka and Rhea recently while Bianca, Sasha, and Bayley aren't getting much attention because of poor booking too. She's right that her reigns have been bad but she should confront Vince about that.

A lot of the quotes I've seen from Charlotte recently makes me think she's just waiting on Becky and Rousey to put her back over because she feels she's above the rest of the roster. She should be pushing for girls like Asuka, Bayley, Rhea, Bianca, and Sasha to get better booking so the state of the women's roster is elevated so they've earned main event matches instead of handed them for PR.

But it's WWE, no point in being enthusiastic about the product :shrug:

I think Rhea being terrible is on her.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I think Rhea being terrible is on her.
I'm not going to label anyone on wrestling ability alone as Always Bad in the WWE environment, she could be totally fine but have lovely agents. Or just a lovely environment to work in. lovely training. She's only 24, four years in the indies and 5 years in WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

Not as bad as Danny Burch who's been in NXT since 2011. Johnny Gargano, Tamasso Ciampa, and Oney Lorcan have also been on the brand pretty consistently since 2015 but I think Gargano and Ciampa stayed there by choice

Danny Burch has won a bunch of matches on NXT, had multiple Takeover matches and is a former NXT Tag champion which is way better than Kona has ever achieved. Nothing he did in 2018 could ever be described as a push

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ppl used to argue about who's the best

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not going to label anyone on wrestling ability alone as Always Bad in the WWE environment, she could be totally fine but have lovely agents. Or just a lovely environment to work in. lovely training. She's only 24, four years in the indies and 5 years in WWE.

Either way she has been awful. Also Darkstar seems angrier at Rhea than Charlotte lately which tells me Rhea is to blame for Asuka being derailed.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Asuka was derailed long before Rhea showed up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Either way she has been awful. Also Darkstar seems angrier at Rhea than Charlotte lately which tells me Rhea is to blame for Asuka being derailed.
Not going to take either side in that and just blame main roster poo poo. Asuka had good matches with Nia Jax, Eva Marie, and Dana Brooke in NXT.

Rarity posted:

Danny Burch has won a bunch of matches on NXT, had multiple Takeover matches and is a former NXT Tag champion which is way better than Kona has ever achieved. Nothing he did in 2018 could ever be described as a push
Only in that Danny Burch has been in NXT forever and never been a breakout star. His tag-team with Oney was great because they were just total brusiers but their title reign reeked of "we have no other tag teams anymore"

There's not a snowball chance that Triple H's darlings ever end up doing well on the main roster again unless it's someone that overlaps with who Johnny Ace, Vince, and Kevin Dunn want. Riddle, Ripley, and Bianca are the only three I can remember in the last few years that have managed to stay in at least the mid-card. The women aren't main eventers anymore, even though Bayley and Sasha carried Smackdown from April until around November.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

To put it into perspective of how long Kona Reeves was in developmental, he was signed within a week or two of Finn Balor, and the following people had their entire NXT/WWE career in the span since Kona Reeves got signed: Andrade, KENTA, FTR, Authors of Pain, the IIconics, Kairi Sane, Ruby Riott, Tay Conti, Gallows and Anderson, probably several other people I'm forgetting.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now they argue about who's the rest!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
are y'all absolutely sure you're talking about the right person? Because Kona Crush making a return would be way more interesting

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it used to matter who was the best

long ago before the 'pump out as many empty interchangeable hours of content you can for streaming' days

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did you read the rest of my statement?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

i'd like to subscribe to your whos the rest podcast

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

all these good wrestlers

couldn't tell ya 10 of em, thanks wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

To put it into perspective of how long Kona Reeves was in developmental, he was signed within a week or two of Finn Balor, and the following people had their entire NXT/WWE career in the span since Kona Reeves got signed: Andrade, KENTA, FTR, Authors of Pain, the IIconics, Kairi Sane, Ruby Riott, Tay Conti, Gallows and Anderson, probably several other people I'm forgetting.

Lio Rush started his wrestling career, was hired by WWE, was fired by WWE, and retired from wrestling twice, in the time since Kona Reeves was first signed to NXT

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Lio Rush started his wrestling career, was hired by WWE, was fired by WWE, and retired from wrestling twice, in the time since Kona Reeves was first signed to NXT

Lio Rush... was he the guy that got fired for saying something on the mic that wasn't allowed?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Barreft posted:

Lio Rush... was he the guy that got fired for saying something on the mic that wasn't allowed?

no. Lio Rush was a guy who got benched multiple times because people didnt like him backstage but finally seemed to be getting a push when he was released during the first covid waves after he spoke out about feeling unsafe with wwe's lack of covid testing

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
My main man Abraham Washington got fired for the Kobe joke, and then became a juggalo rapper

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

beggar posted:

My main man Abraham Washington got fired for the Kobe joke, and then became a juggalo rapper

also a baphomet enthusiast.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

no. Lio Rush was a guy who got benched multiple times because people didnt like him backstage but finally seemed to be getting a push when he was released during the first covid waves after he spoke out about feeling unsafe with wwe's lack of covid testing

It should be noted that his backstage antics were refusing to carry a veteran's bags because he was uncomfortable with the racial connotations and felt it was belittling.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

People who have wrestled in a main event on AEW Dynamite who had not started wrestling (or may have been training but not had a match in front of a crowd) when WWE hired Kona Reeves:

Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
Marko Stunt
Isiah Kassidy
Marq Quen
Wardlow
The Butcher
Austin Gunn
Preston Vance
MJF
Max Caster
Thunder Rosa
Britt Baker
Brian Pillman Jr
Griff Garrison
Nick Comoroto

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 20, 2021

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

coconono posted:

also a baphomet enthusiast.

looks like he found steroids too

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Edge & Christian posted:

People who have wrestled in a main event on AEW Dynamite who had not started wrestling (or may have been training but not had a match in front of a crowd) when WWE hired Kona Reeves:

Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
Marko Stunt
Isiah Kassidy
Marq Quen
Wardlow
The Butcher
Austin Gunn
Preston Vance
MJF
Max Caster
Thunder Rosa
Britt Baker
Brian Pillman Jr
Griff Garrison
Nick Comoroto

the performance center and the wcw power plant are getting close in status as jobber/non-entity factories

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

looks like he found steroids too

I've talked to him a few times, he's found a lot of things.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

The four-way dance of Tanahashi, Okada, Ibushi, and Naito of who is the best changes with the seasons.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

beggar posted:

someone posted one of his music videos here once and i've never been able to find it. rapped something about sex with a witch. it was less than good

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Critical posted:

someone posted one of his music videos here once and i've never been able to find it. rapped something about sex with a witch. it was less than good

The sex? Or the rap?.

This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Critical posted:

I've been looking for that goddamn video for a year, that dude must have scrubbed it from the internet completely